PDA

View Full Version : Patriots Football - "We're on a mission"

Pages : 1 [2]

coastietech
12-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Just want to say haha! Love watching those Pats deconstruct. :r :r

Starscream
12-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Well you're guaranteed a win next week. Panthers benched Jake, but they still suck.

Bruins Fan
12-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Bad decision not to kick a field goal and take the automatic three points.
No pass rush, the secondary stinks, bad coaching on both sides of the ball, Brady playing like a rookie.
Heads should roll.
The Pats have turned into a bad football team

Resipsa
12-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Ya, the mission seems to have been somewhat derailed lately. My big concern after the humiliating loss to the Saints is that other teams will copy what N.O. did in double teaming both Welker and Moss, thus revealing just how suspect the balance of our receivers are. In prior years Brady has been known for how well he spread the ball around. This year it has been the big two receivers or nothing. Funny how it took until the eleventh game of the season for some opposing coach to figure that out, but there it is.

I believe that the Pats will win the AFC East, but if they are going to do anything in the playoffs the other receivers, the defensive secondary and the pass rush need to improve dramatically. Miami will be a good test this week.Not just double teaming Moss and Welker that's the problem. The game against the Colts exposed the Pats defense, which is to say to they have no defense and really have no pass rush and no secondary

Saints studied that film, and embarassed the Pats secondary. Dolphins followed suit.

VTDragon
12-07-2009, 08:39 AM
Not just double teaming Moss and Welker that's the problem. The game against the Colts exposed the Pats defense, which is to say to they have no defense and really have no pass rush and no secondary

Saints studied that film, and embarassed the Pats secondary. Dolphins followed suit.
I can't disagree. I was even more frustrated watching the Miami game than I had been watching the Colts game, in both games the Patriots played well enough to win but were let down by their defense. Add to that Belicheck's apparent mind cramps when it comes to fourth down situations, (I was all for going for it in the Colts game, but to forego an easy field goal vs Miami was just stupid). Pats may still win the AFC East, but they're going nowhere with this current defense.

Starscream
12-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Any Patriots fans nervous whatsoever about Carolina? Just wondering. Most of us Carolina fans assume that we are gonna lose big time this week, but were just wondering how the Pats fans feel. We got us a QB that hopefully won't throw 12 interceptions a week, finally. He'll be ultra conservative, but at least he won't throw passes to the Pats on every play. Jake sucks!

Bruins Fan
12-09-2009, 05:47 PM
I think a lot depends how the four players Belichick sent home today for being late for a meeting react?
The message has been sent :tu

Starscream
12-09-2009, 05:49 PM
I think a lot depends how the four players Belichick sent home today for being late for a meeting react?
The message has been sent :tu

Yeah, I see a big dawg or two got sent. That will probably motivate them.:td

VTDragon
12-10-2009, 10:56 AM
I like to think the Patriots are going to win easy, but I thought they would do the same against Miami last week and we saw how that worked out. It's becoming increasingly hard to maintain my usual optimisim about the Pats especially in light of Belicheck sending four of his "bad boys" home yesterday for being late to practice. Unfortunately the bad boys attitude is all too indicitive of what has been wrong with this year's team. They just don't care enough to go the extra mile, (especially in the fourth quarter it seems), to nail down a win in close games.

I'll be rooting for them this week as usual, but with my fingers crossed.

jmsremax
12-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Well you're guaranteed a win next week. Panthers benched Jake, but they still suck.

Good thing I will be at the game sunday :rolleyes:

macpappy
12-11-2009, 06:08 PM
As if the Patriots season isn't bad enough...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-patriotsmascotarrested&prov=ap&type=lgns

Starscream
12-13-2009, 01:21 PM
This one ain't over yet...

DBall
12-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Dear Pats,

Please lose today. Thanks!

Dan

Starscream
12-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Dear Pats,

Please lose today. Thanks!

Dan

The Panther gods are not in favor of that happening today. Maybe they should sacrifice coach Fox to the Panther gods.

Starscream
12-13-2009, 02:07 PM
:(

Bruins Fan
12-13-2009, 02:43 PM
The Pats really needed this win, not pretty but with all that is going on in the locker room a good win none the less :tu

rlmedic
12-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Ugly...but its a W

baldanders
12-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Not pretty but I'll take it!

dogface_313
12-13-2009, 03:40 PM
didn't get to see the game, but i will take the W

VTDragon
12-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Ugly win, but we'll take it.

Some thoughts:

Wes Welker for MVP. He is the quintesential football player.

I again apologize to Laurence Maroney. Obviously he was either much more hurt during the past two seasons than anyone was allowed to know or he had a gigantic wake up call this year. It was a joy to watch him run vs the Panthers.

Brady is starting to look like he thinks he has to do it all by himself at times, thus some forced passes resulting in interceptions. He has to stop forcing the ball, especially to Mr Moss.

Regarding Mr Moss .... It seems he has reverted to the form that got him booted from Minnesota and Oakland. Time for another boot (probably at season's end)

Kudo's to Vince Wilfork. He was a beast while in there. I hope his leg/ankle injury proves to be minor. It is a very different defense when he is not in there.

This fourth down thing with Belicheck has gotten ridiculous. Come on Bill don't be so stuborn, get back to conventional wisdom.

As I said, ugly win , but we'll take it. Both the offense and defense are going to need to play better if they expect to beat Buffalo in the frozen north next week. I would run Mr. Moss downfield to clear out the defense on every play and never throw him the ball. Fantasy team owners will do well to start Maroney as I expect he will get the ball a lot. We can pretty much sew up the AFC East with a victory next week, but it is not going to be easy.

Resipsa
12-19-2009, 11:22 AM
Ugly win, but we'll take it.

Some thoughts:

Wes Welker for MVP. He is the quintesential football player.

I again apologize to Laurence Maroney. Obviously he was either much more hurt during the past two seasons than anyone was allowed to know or he had a gigantic wake up call this year. It was a joy to watch him run vs the Panthers.

Brady is starting to look like he thinks he has to do it all by himself at times, thus some forced passes resulting in interceptions. He has to stop forcing the ball, especially to Mr Moss.

Regarding Mr Moss .... It seems he has reverted to the form that got him booted from Minnesota and Oakland. Time for another boot (probably at season's end)

Kudo's to Vince Wilfork. He was a beast while in there. I hope his leg/ankle injury proves to be minor. It is a very different defense when he is not in there.

This fourth down thing with Belicheck has gotten ridiculous. Come on Bill don't be so stuborn, get back to conventional wisdom.

As I said, ugly win , but we'll take it. Both the offense and defense are going to need to play better if they expect to beat Buffalo in the frozen north next week. I would run Mr. Moss downfield to clear out the defense on every play and never throw him the ball. Fantasy team owners will do well to start Maroney as I expect he will get the ball a lot. We can pretty much sew up the AFC East with a victory next week, but it is not going to be easy.You better hope not.

Welker is a fine #2 operating out of the slot, but lacks the size and skills to be a #1 receiver. If the Pats let Moss go they better have a plan to pick up a true #1 veteran receiver to replace him, or Welker and the Pats will be screwed next year.

Starscream
12-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Brady has pissed me off for three weeks straight. How am I gonna win a fantasy game if he keeps throwing interceptions?

VTDragon
12-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Ugly win again, but we'll take it.

Some thoughts:

The defense played better than I expected, especially considering that Wilfork and Warren were not there. Good game rushing the passer by Tully Banta-Cain.

Brady had a tough game. He is obviously really hurting right now. It sure would be nice to get him a week off prior to the playoffs, but I don't know if that is possible.

Moss had a good game. I hope he has a lot more before the end. Buffalo seemed to key on Welker and Moss benefited to some degree.

There was nothing pretty about this game. Buffalo looked inept at times and the Pats had a lot of their own issues, but with NY and Miami both losing the Pats are clearly in the drivers seat in the AFC East. I hope it is cold and snowing in Foxboro next week for Jacksonville. Those Florida boys don't seem to like the cold.

Bruins Fan
12-20-2009, 03:38 PM
My take Buffalo stinks and the Pat benefited from some big penaltys.
On the up side Maroney is running hard,the got to start hitting him with some screens and get him out on the edge, he can be a load once gets around the corner.

VTDragon
12-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Good win over the Jaguars today. Brady and the offense looked better than they have since London and the defense made a couple of key turnovers at key times. Looked like the 2007 Pats today. Nice for that to happen in a "Hats & T-Shirt" game.

Some thoughts:

Maroney ran very well early on but didn't play after he fumbled at the goal line. It will be interesting to see if there is any fall out from that.

Moss looked like he had something to prove, good I hope he feels that way the rest of the way. By the way, notice how Moss is Brady's first look in the end zone but Welker seems to be everywhere else.

I thought they would miss big Vince on run defense. I was wrong.

Tully Banta-Cain continues to improve week to week.

Nice to see Seau in the mix later in the game.

Welker is still my MVP.

AFC EAST Champs. Ahhh... that's nice , the world is back to spinning evenly on its' axis. Hope you all had a nice Christmas.

Bruins Fan
12-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Nice win today. Maroneys fumble on the goal line was to much, he cost us the colts game doing that?
Morris was running like a man that was good to see.

Starscream
12-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Brady did quite well today for my fantasy team.:tu

chachee52
12-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Was at the game today!! It was good to see the defense look that good!!
I loved Bellichick's answer to why Maroney was not in the rest of the game!! Classic!! "All the running backs were having a good day"
Hopefully the defense can continue to play at this level and we can make it through the first round of the playoffs.
May I add, I met my fiance at a Pats game 5 years ago last week. Bucs vs Pats 28-0 score. Since then we have gone to the game closest to that date and every year the PAts have won hands down!! So we are proud to be 5-0 record since we met.

MikeyC
12-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Moss looked like he had something to prove, good I hope he feels that way the rest of the way. By the way, notice how Moss is Brady's first look in the end zone but Welker seems to be everywhere else.

That makes perfect sense. Welker is a little guy and gets open by finding space in the defense. When the play starts on or near the goal line the defense is tighter because there is less space to play in. So, it's harder for Welker to get open in these situations.

Moss on the other hand has height and can jump. So, even when he's covered . . . he's not covered. Smaller spaces don't affect him like they do Welker.

I thought they would miss big Vince on run defense. I was wrong.

My mother-in-law was at the game today and said Vince was up in the Fidelity Clubhouse with his wife. She asked for an autograph and was told "if I give you one I have to give everyone one." Vince is my favorite player and I can understand he wants some level of privacy but if a fan asks for an autograph it should be given. If you don't want people bothering you go watch from Kraft's box or at home. If there were no fans willing to pay for tickets and paraphenalia, Vince would not be able to make a living playing a game.

Bruins Fan
12-30-2009, 06:10 AM
Has anyone caught the interview Polian gave the NFN network?
The guy must be a senile old fool, and he must lose sleep over the Patriots? :r

chachee52
12-30-2009, 06:15 AM
Has anyone caught the interview Polian gave the NFN network?
The guy must be a senile old fool, and he must lose sleep over the Patriots? :r

What'd he say?

Bruins Fan
12-30-2009, 06:25 AM
He was rambling about records and had to drag the Pats in.
It's all over NESN Spots Desk and Comcast Sports Centeral.

chachee52
12-30-2009, 06:37 AM
I'll turn it on and check it out. I love watching people babble on about sports when they don't know what they are talking about!!!

chachee52
12-30-2009, 07:14 AM
Great video!! He is very photogenic!!! Made my day!! Thanks for the heads up!!
I always will remember the teams that have the longest regular season winning streak but don't win all the games in one season........ ummmmmm?

dogface_313
01-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Welker.... Noooooooooooo!

Bruins Fan
01-03-2010, 11:46 AM
I hate to say it that don't look good :(

Resipsa
01-03-2010, 12:41 PM
What'd he say?Yeah Polian is one of the worst GM's in the NFL....do you even know who he is?:r

Wow. sorry to hear about the welker injury.:) Pretty much ends the Patsies season.

what a senile old fool Polian was to decide to sit his starters so things like this don't happen.

Blueface
01-03-2010, 12:44 PM
As much as I don't like the Patriots, hate to see a very good player go down that way.

Blueface
01-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Yeah, I'll be losing sleep about it tonight Carlos.

I won't either but would prefer to see Bill lose with all his players so no excuses.

Resipsa
01-03-2010, 12:50 PM
I won't either but would prefer to see Bill lose with all his players so no excuses.
word!:banger:banger

taltos
01-03-2010, 01:11 PM
That makes perfect sense. Welker is a little guy and gets open by finding space in the defense. When the play starts on or near the goal line the defense is tighter because there is less space to play in. So, it's harder for Welker to get open in these situations.

Moss on the other hand has height and can jump. So, even when he's covered . . . he's not covered. Smaller spaces don't affect him like they do Welker.

My mother-in-law was at the game today and said Vince was up in the Fidelity Clubhouse with his wife. She asked for an autograph and was told "if I give you one I have to give everyone one." Vince is my favorite player and I can understand he wants some level of privacy but if a fan asks for an autograph it should be given. If you don't want people bothering you go watch from Kraft's box or at home. If there were no fans willing to pay for tickets and paraphenalia, Vince would not be able to make a living playing a game.If he were out on the town, he is in the right to refuse to give an autograph but on game day in the Patriots facility, he should have given her an autograph. This is pr for the Pats and can only do them good if he signs and bad if he refuses. This is not the way that Kraft has trained his players.

Mikey202
01-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Hate to admit it.......but I'm pullin' for the Pats to win today.;s

TonySmith
01-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Kris Brown is the Pats best defensive player :td

Mikey202
01-03-2010, 02:17 PM
Damn u Pats!!!:td

VTDragon
01-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Two tough losses today, Welker and the game.

Some thoughts:

I'm puzzled by Belicheck's move re: Brady. In for thr start of the game, out for the second quarter, back in for the third and part of the fourh then out to finish the game. He certainly remains unpredictible.

My heart goes out to Wes Welker. I've rarely seen anyone play with more heart than he has this year. Heal quickly!

Our secondary is VERY vulnerable when the opposing QB has time and Schaub had lots of time today.

Run defense missed Wilfork and Warren today.

Hoyer looks a LOT more mobile than Brady. I personally would have had Hoyer in for the entire game, but I'm not the coach.

I can't figure out whether sitting Maroney and Faulk was to rest them or because they were in the dog house?

All in all this was a weird game. On the one hand many starters played so one would think Bill was pushing to win the game. On the other hand, there were strange substitution patterns everywhere throughout the game that would seem to indicate he was trying to give the backups some work and rest the starters. The only thing I can figure is that he wanted to have it both ways, win the game AND give a lot of rest to starters and experience to backups. Unfortunately it all seemed to backfire.

Well, no sense crying over spilt milk. On to the playoffs. Let's dedicate them to Welker.

2000ARMY
01-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Yeah Polian is one of the worst GM's in the NFL....do you even know who he is?:r

Wow. sorry to hear about the welker injury.:) Pretty much ends the Patsies season.

what a senile old fool Polian was to decide to sit his starters so things like this don't happen.

You obviously didn't watch the Colts game today..... because guess who started for the Colts? So your point goes out the window now doesn't it?

Resipsa
01-04-2010, 03:36 AM
You obviously didn't watch the Colts game today..... because guess who started for the Colts? So your point goes out the window now doesn't it?

Actually, I did.

How long did Manning play for? And why were he, Clark and Wayne playing at all? I know why, but do you?;)
How long did Brady play for?

Personally, I didn't agree, and don't necessarily agree with resting starters, so it's not "my point", it's Polian's point. And his point is not to let happen exactly what happenned to Welker. So I guess he has a point:)

2000ARMY
01-04-2010, 04:42 AM
Welker's injury happened on the first drive ..... How is not finishing a game safer than starting a game in the snow?

And I do know why they started ..... more meaning less stats that are a lot less than going 19-0

chachee52
01-04-2010, 06:51 AM
Bad loss with Welker. He's out for the long hall with a blown ACL possible MCL (same as Brady last year). As for "resting Mauroney, if you remember he didn't play after the first series of last game because he fumbled the ball. I personally don't like that decision, he needs reps mentally because he needs to play or he shuts down!!
As for not starting other starters: they are in a routine, they need to play at least part of the game. I disagree totally with what the Colts are doing. Basically they are "resting" players for almost 4 weeks!!!!! They get out of rhythem by then.
Now Pats fans just hope that Mauroney can step it up, Faulk and Edleman can pick up Welker's weight!! Which the Pats have done in the past with other players!!!!!

VTDragon
01-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Patriots Football -Mission Failed.

Congratulations Baltimore. You wanted it more. You came into Gillette and punched us in the mouth and we folded. Today we did nothing right. Brady was at his worst, and most everyone else, (except Kevin Faulk and Julien Edleman) was just as bad.

It was an interesting season for us Pats fans. Lots of exciting moments and a lot of fun games but in the end we were just not good enough.

I just hope the Jets get their butts kicked in San Diego. Beyond that I have no rooting interest in any of the teams left in the hunt except who I get in our local Super Bowl pool in a couple of weeks.

How about those offseason moves by the Red Sox?

Thrak
01-10-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm so happy the cheater Pats lost... now I wont have to listen to all those arrogant fans talk about how good they are.

Talk about a BEAT DOWN!

chachee52
01-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Agreed with all of this. Brady looked like his finger was bothering him more than he admitted. Those long balls were all ducks!!
I see Mauroney gone this off season, my only hope is that we can actually get someone for him unlike last years "trades" to KC where we got NADA!!!
Let's go S.D.!!! They are looking good!!!

Patriots Football -Mission Failed.

Congratulations Baltimore. You wanted it more. You came into Gillette and punched us in the mouth and we folded. Today we did nothing right. Brady was at his worst, and most everyone else, (except Kevin Faulk and Julien Edleman) was just as bad.

It was an interesting season for us Pats fans. Lots of exciting moments and a lot of fun games but in the end we were just not good enough.

I just hope the Jets get their butts kicked in San Diego. Beyond that I have no rooting interest in any of the teams left in the hunt except who I get in our local Super Bowl pool in a couple of weeks.

How about those offseason moves by the Red Sox?

icehog3
01-10-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm so happy the cheater Pats lost... now I wont have to listen to all those arrogant fans talk about how good they are.

Talk about a BEAT DOWN!

Well, at least you're not trying to stir the pot at all. :rolleyes:

coastietech
01-10-2010, 02:36 PM
All I want to say is Bwhahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha!!!!

Way to suck it up!!! Hey you can all become Jet fans if you want. ;)

And say what you want about the game in San Diego, but it won't be the beat down that you guys took today. :r

Mikey202
01-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Happy to see the Patsies lose, karma is a *****. Hope Baltimore wins it all!! And will Junior Seau, please just go away.

icehog3
01-10-2010, 04:31 PM
All I want to say is Bwhahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha!!!!

Way to suck it up!!! Hey you can all become Jet fans if you want. ;)

And say what you want about the game in San Diego, but it won't be the beat down that you guys took today. :r

I know which thread to Bwhahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha in next weekend. ;)

CBI_2
01-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Looks like the mission got aborted.

Resipsa
01-10-2010, 05:29 PM
I know which thread to Bwhahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha in next weekend. ;)I don't care who you are, now that's some funny chit, :r

chachee52
01-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Happy to see the Patsies lose, karma is a *****. Hope Baltimore wins it all!! And will Junior Seau, please just go away.

Why do you want Junior to go away? He's been my favorite player since he started in S.D. He made a couple great tackles today, unfortunately they were the only tackles people made today.

dunng
01-10-2010, 06:59 PM
:bh :bh

dogface_313
01-11-2010, 07:31 AM
Well, that did not go how we wanted it to.

Go Celtics!

Parshooter
01-11-2010, 07:55 AM
Damn underachievers. The ONLY time I would root for the Pats is against the blackbirds, and they lose. Go Chargers :banger