PDA

View Full Version : LFD Double Ligero Chisel

darkninja67
07-13-2009, 12:53 PM
So I thought I would start to review some cigars since I smoke a lot of different lines and vitolas. This is my first review so take it easy on me.

The La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel is a cigar that I believe most BOTL enjoy and recommend. I have had these before but they are a line that I almost always look past whether online or at a B&M.

The DL Chisel is one of the more powerful smokes I have had in my 15 years of smoking. It is said to be rolled by Satan himself. :D

It is not one for the novice and not one you should smoke on an empty stomach or without a sweet drink nearby.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b134/darkninja67/lfd_dn67.jpg

Construction: A very well made stick. Slight veins apparent but overall a well rolled cigar with a very unique head that is triple capped (at least it looked like it). Beautiful reddish Equadorian wrapper. I had a slight crack near the foot. No big deal.

Burn: It took to the flame easily enough. Initially it was burning evenly during the first third or so. It got a bit uneven later on but I did not feel the need to touch it up. It pulled a nice 2" ash before I tapped it off. Draw was pretty good as well. The head reminds you of those childrens sippy cups. It produced a medium volume of smoke.

Flavor: This cigar had a nice rich and smooth flavor to the palate. I tasted notes of leather, some coffee and a tangy flavor from the ligero. This cigar was great tasting from the start to finish. Not overly complex but solid all around.

Overall: This is a cigar I would love to get a box of. It is that good. If you have not had one then you owe it to yourself to try it.

Rated 9 out of 10

scooter
07-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the great review. I have enjoyed this cigar myself.

Azpostal
07-13-2009, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the review.

Steve
07-13-2009, 02:39 PM
So The La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel is a cigar that I believe most BOTL enjoy and recommend. I have had these before but they are a line that I almost always look past whether online or at a B&M.

The DL Chisel is one of the more powerful smokes I have had in my 15 years of smoking. It is said to be rolled by Satan himself. :D

It is not one for the novice and not one you should smoke on an empty stomach or without a sweet drink nearby.

I would agree. A friend gave me one a while back and told me I would probably want something in my stomach before I smoke it. I was like ya-ya. About a third of the way thru it, I went and got something to munch on.

A great cigar though!!!

TripleF
07-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Great review bro :tu

I just polished offf a maduro :ss

e-man67
07-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Very tasty stick! The single and double LFD Ligeros are outstanding! Please do yourself a favor and try a Tat T110...you will love them! :ss

darkninja67
07-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Very tasty stick! The single and double LFD Ligeros are outstanding! Please do yourself a favor and try a Tat T110...you will love them! :ss

Not a huge Tat fan but the T100 looks good. I would grab a 5'er in the WTS forum but I blew $300 on cigars already this month.

Serts
07-13-2009, 06:04 PM
This is just a great cigar i smoke him every week :D

kelmac07
07-13-2009, 07:16 PM
I had one of these today, thanks to johnnykay5...great stick!!! Thanks JK!!

GHC_Hambone
07-14-2009, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the review! The one I had was a little strong for me, but I really liked the chisel shape.

Adriftpanda
07-14-2009, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the review! I have a couple sitting in the humi and looking forward to smoking em. I have to admit, lately I've been really into LFD.

Rockestone
07-14-2009, 02:56 AM
Thanks for the review. That is one of my favorites!:dr

BlackIrish
07-14-2009, 04:22 AM
Great review bro :tu

I just polished offf a maduro :ss

The maduros *are* particularly delicious.

And if you don't have the time or don't want the full nic blast of the Chisel, the chiselito delivers a lot of the taste in a smaller package.

akumushi
10-04-2009, 12:08 AM
I finally got around to trying one of these tonight and it didn't do much for me. It was very smooth, but had way too much power, without enough complexity to keep me interested. It was an absolute nicotine bomb. I can see how the full bodied-pepper fiends of the world would love this cigar, as the construction was flawless and it had all the pepper and power one could ask for, but not my style. I did however, absolutely love the chisel tip. It was almost like smoking from a pipe. I just wish there were a more complex and medium bodied smoke made with that chisel tip. I had to let this one go out early so I could switch to a Juan Lopez No. 2. Give me the Cuban leaf over a pepper bomb any day!

captain53
10-04-2009, 07:53 AM
The Double L Chisel Tip Maduro is one I do buy by the box, great cigars for the full flavor crowd even though I do not find them as strong as many others. :tu Unfortunately the price has gone up about 30% on them since I first tried them a couple of years ago.

Barteur
10-04-2009, 08:00 AM
Bought a box last month while I was in vacation and smoke my first yesterday. I did not found it as powerfull as many are saying (even LFD website have warnings) but I am really anxious to see what they will do with age. I personally think this is a unique cigar with good potential after a little rest. Any thoughts?

Frenchie

BC-Axeman
10-04-2009, 08:13 AM
My thoughts are with the reviewer's. Not overly complex but great tasting. I don't get a lot of pepper taste from these. I like the natural a little more than the maduro.
Great review.

SLO_Smoke
10-04-2009, 09:20 AM
I Like a full bodied smoke and this one fits that description.
Yes, it's a bit linear in flavor profile but if you like the flavor it's good to the nub.
I smoke the Chisel Gorda in Maduro and the Chiselito Maduro by the box :ss

roughrider
10-04-2009, 05:54 PM
I gotta pick some up. Thanks for the review.

bobarian
10-04-2009, 08:41 PM
The LFD Chisel is a very good cigar. Try its stronger cousin, the Litto Gomez Diez Chisel Puro if you are looking for something a "bit" stronger. :banger:r

acarr
10-05-2009, 10:59 PM
These are great and so are the maduro's. Thanks for the review.

OHRD
10-06-2009, 06:18 AM
Great job on the review; I haven't had a chisel yet, how does the cut work on these?

darkninja67
10-06-2009, 09:46 AM
Great job on the review; I haven't had a chisel yet, how does the cut work on these?

I just cut it with my Zino about a 1/4" in or so. Nothing to it.

thebiglebowski
10-06-2009, 04:53 PM
i love this cigar. and quite a lot of what litto makes, as well.

nice review.