Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 08-29-2017, 02:13 PM   #1
Alpedhuez55
Fat Bastard

First Name: Michael
Trading: (8)
SP
Alpedhuez55 is on a distinguished road
Default Waiting for my Tower of Power

Talk about third world problems....My Coolerdoor is too full.

I was very close to ordering a Mini Tower or end table like the Lauderdale or Montague. Last Monday I was very close to ordering a Mini Tower from Brookstone for $471 shipped. But I decided to put it on hold in case any other sales came up. But when CI had the 23% off deal on 8/23, and the 6' Tower of Power was not on the exclusion list, I figured I would go for it. I think $654 shipped is a pretty good deal.

Now am impatiently awaiting the arrival of my ToP. I was able to score a Hydra LG (Well, the Blue CI Humi-care version of the Hydra) for about half off on C-Bid then ordered a fan kit and a couple of extra fans.. Maybe next year after my car is paid off I will buy a Staebell or Avallo unit for it. I will probably use a couple of pounds of beads in there to help keep things stable. I am just hoping it wont look too bare when I my cigars in there. I can always do the trick at the grocery store and pull all the boxes to the front of the shelves to make them look full.

From what I have read, you need to give it a week to season. Check the seal and have some Aquarium grade Sealant Any other suggestions on what to expect?
  • How long does it take for CI and Quality to finally ship it
  • Is there a best place to put the fans
  • Is it worth it nutting in some LED Strip Lights
  • If I mount hand rails on the sides (and lose about 50 pounds) can they bury my in it.

I guess this marks a bit of milestone in more ways than one. First is that progression from Ziplock bag to furniture Humidor will be complete. This fall also actually marks my 25th anniversary as a Cigar Smoker. I have seen some newbies buy one after 6 months or a year. So I guess taking 25 years shows some self control.
Alpedhuez55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:52 AM   #2
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: Waiting for my Tower of Power

Congrats on your buy!

I would go with the food grade silicone, odorless, etc., and easy to find at any place like homedepot, I'm guessing it's the same as aquarium just easier to find local for instant gratification.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 01:16 PM   #3
Alpedhuez55
Fat Bastard

SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
Congrats on your buy!

I would go with the food grade silicone, odorless, etc., and easy to find at any place like homedepot, I'm guessing it's the same as aquarium just easier to find local for instant gratification.
But the pet store has the kitty litter and filter media bags as well as overpriced indestructible that my pup will turn to piles fabric scraps and stuffing to get tho the plastic squeaky part in the middle.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:23 PM   #4
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

When I had my ToP, I drilled holes in the top/back of the middle section of drawers and mounted two small computer fans there. Tied them into my hydra aux port so they came on when the hydra did (which was at the bottom). They were positioned to draw air up from the bottom and circulate to the top. I supplemented a few lbs of beads behind the drawers and in the upper part of the cabinet to help maintain a consistent RH.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:45 PM   #5
Alpedhuez55
Fat Bastard

SP

Well, I just got off the phone with CI asking about the status. I was hoping it would be shipped before Irma hits Florida. Not the tower was shown as in stock when I purchased it, in stock on my invoice, in stock currently on the website....but when I look at my order it is showing as back ordered

I am waiting to hear back from them re: order status or an ETA. But with Irma coming in this weekend, it could be a while since they ship out of Fort Lauderdale. I am glad I got an extra 50 qt cooler. My big coolerdor was overfilled.