First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: NHL '11 - '12 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwaved View Post
Which Cap is your friend now?
I like the goalie...but I won't be heartbroken for me if the Caps lose the series, and I will be happy for you.

Plus, I will hopefully get to see the Kings knock off #1 and #2 in the West, followed up with #1 in the East.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #1382
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

My Hero of the Day:

Dustin Brown again! 3 assists including his 4th short-handed point of the playoffs, and 14 penalty minutes.

The Kings are lookin' good!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:12 AM   #1383
Bigwaved

Trading: (3)
RA MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Bigwaved has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I like the goalie...but I won't be heartbroken for me if the Caps lose the series, and I will be happy for you.
I need some playoff success. It has been too long of a dry spell.

What's wrong with my goalie?

The Caps bug me. Always have.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:56 AM   #1384
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
You do? Talk to me about long!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:58 AM   #1385
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:

What's wrong with my goalie?

The Caps bug me. Always have.
Henrik is one of the best goalies in the NHL. I meant I like the Cinderella story for Holtby, 3rd stringer tearing it up.

Thinking about it, I probably like more guys on the Blueshirts (Callahan, Del Zotto, Girardi), but they also have lots of guys who bug me (Zsa Zsa Gaborik, Snidely Boyle, etc). I guess it's just my nature to root for the underdog when I don't have a dog in the fight....but I will be happy to see the Rangers win the East, and then we can see a real Cinderella story, maybe, with East #1 Vs. West #8.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #1386
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Damn Kings jumped all over the Blues last nignt. Just dont see the blues winning 4 of the the next 5 games against this Kings team. Given how they are dismantling the Blues it seems they will do the same to the Yotes if they face them.

Im pulling for Caps. My son likes Ovi and I like Holtby. How can you not like Holtby? While the call that resulted in the PP goal was questionable, you cant put a whole 60 minutes game outcome on one.penalty call. It ignores the other 58 minutes.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #1387
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I guess it's just my nature to root for the underdog when I don't have a dog in the fight....but I will be happy to see the Rangers win the East, and then we can see a real Cinderella story, maybe, with East #1 Vs. West #8.
NY vs LA for LSC Final would be pretty cool IMO.... Though more so if LA wins...
Old 05-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #1388
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
NY vs LA for LSC Final would be pretty cool IMO.... Though more so if LA wins...
I love that scenario as well, E.J..

Old 05-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #1389
Bigwaved

Quote:
Henrik is one of the best goalies in the NHL. I meant I like the Cinderella story for Holtby, 3rd stringer tearing it up.

Thinking about it, I probably like more guys on the Blueshirts (Callahan, Del Zotto, Girardi), but they also have lots of guys who bug me (Zsa Zsa Gaborik, Snidely Boyle, etc). I guess it's just my nature to root for the underdog when I don't have a dog in the fight....but I will be happy to see the Rangers win the East, and then we can see a real Cinderella story, maybe, with East #1 Vs. West #8.
Ignore Zsa Zsa. The players like the ones you mention and Staal, McDonagh, Hagelin, Richards, Kreider, etc., they play real hockey.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #1390
Bigwaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Damn Kings jumped all over the Blues last nignt. Just dont see the blues winning 4 of the the next 5 games against this Kings team. Given how they are dismantling the Blues it seems they will do the same to the Yotes if they face them.

Im pulling for Caps. My son likes Ovi and I like Holtby. How can you not like Holtby? While the call that resulted in the PP goal was questionable, you cant put a whole 60 minutes game outcome on one.penalty call. It ignores the other 58 minutes.
Yup. Nothing like putting a scoring challenged team behind late in the 3rd. Playing from behind is not how they win. This is exactly why they play fairly disciplined hockey. It was a tight game for all but the 4 seconds of that cheesy power play. Two shots ringing off the post and cross bars by Del Zotto away from erasing the little girl in the skirt dive and crap call that followed. On to the next game. I hope the soccer players stay in the locker room.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #1391
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Ignore Zsa Zsa. The players like the ones you mention and Staal, McDonagh, Hagelin, Richards, Kreider, etc., they play real hockey.
That Kreider kid is FAST.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #1392
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
The Nashville Predators will be without Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn for Game 3 on Wednesday.

The club suspended them for violating a team curfew Saturday night on the eve of Game 2.
Team first, but it sure hurts.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #1393
Bigwaved

Quote:
That Kreider kid is FAST.
And b i g
Old 05-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #1394
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Yup. Nothing like putting a scoring challenged team behind late in the 3rd. Playing from behind is not how they win. This is exactly why they play fairly disciplined hockey. It was a tight game for all but the 4 seconds of that cheesy power play. Two shots ringing off the post and cross bars by Del Zotto away from erasing the little girl in the skirt dive and crap call that followed. On to the next game. I hope the soccer players stay in the locker room.
lol the PPs were even. 3 each with the one offset. Sorry I just never can follow fans who blame a loss on a single play or call. Questionable calls are going to happen. It takes 60 minutes and when pps are even I cant see blaming the game on one call. If it works for you go with it.

Suprised the Devils exploded in the third. Just cant see them taking the series.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #1395
Bigwaved

Quote:
lol the PPs were even. 3 each with the one offset. Sorry I just never can follow fans who blame a loss on a single play or call. Questionable calls are going to happen. It takes 60 minutes and when pps are even I cant see blaming the game on one call. If it works for you go with it.

Suprised the Devils exploded in the third. Just cant see them taking the series.
LOL, indeed. First, you are ASSumming I blame the whole f'n game on one power play. I am not. I can see how you might think that from reading my post typed out right after it took place. It had a bit of venom in it, but that is what it is. If you are above ever doing something like that, then good for you. What I DO contend is that the call changed complexion the game AT that point to the advantage of the Caps. The Rangers couldn't overcome the deficit and paid for it with a loss. Sure they could have avoided the hole they dug themselves before scoring the 2nd goal, but they did not. So, you can argue all you want that I am blaming the WHOLE loss on ONE shitty call, but I am not. Any other comments you want to make on my assessment of the crappy call and the direct result of it?
Old 05-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #1396
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Cool it, Men, were all hockey fans and we don't always agree, but let's keep it civil.

Nice win for the Devils, never know what's going to happen this playoff season. Hell, the Rangers could even take 2 iin DC.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:16 AM   #1397
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

As the other side of the pillow.

I love poking I got to stop. Without Mike and Geoff in here I gets bored.

Devils win really did suprise. Real intdrested to see how Preds game goes will Peka pitch a shutty
Old 05-02-2012, 06:46 AM   #1398
Bigwaved

Quote:
As the other side of the pillow.

I love poking I got to stop. Without Mike and Geoff in here I gets bored.

Devils win really did suprise. Real intdrested to see how Preds game goes will Peka pitch a shutty
You seem to be confused how you come across to me in our exchange. I guess being a jackass just to be one is something we should all aspire to be (I am being honest, even if I come across like you). At least I know now that all you are attempting to do is argue for the sake of filling space up and irritate someone. Reach around and pat yourself on the back, sport.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #1399
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Tom you remember when Thorton trolled Sedin?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF6cb...e_gdata_player
Man that was funny.

Not going to get to watch either game tonight live. Kids got a ball game then I got to work swing. Will be using the radio feature on GCL listening to the drama unfold.

Lets go Caps
Lets go Yotes

Joel your quiet whats your take on lastnights 3rx period collapse.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #1400
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Joel your quiet whats your take on lastnights 3rx period collapse.
I thought the missed slashing call on Clarkson's game winning goal cost the Flyers the game!!!!

j/k
(Sorry, BWD...couldn't resist. )

The refs did miss a call there (Clarkson broke Coburn's stick in half with a slash), but their play cost them the game, for sure. After the first period the Flyers played like they were three goals up, not one. Giroux and Hartnell were more "unnoticable" last night than any other game in the playoffs. Give the Devils some credit there, but they...along with many others, just seemed flat. Bryz really did seem to play well, even in the third when he gave up three.

I'm not too concerned....yet. I think the Flyers will rebound and at least split in Newark. Hopefully, take both.
Closed Thread