Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2010, 11:10 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Tatuaje conoju 2003

The Longfiller company, importer of several top shelve non Cuban brands in The Netherlands, send me a few cigars to review and among them the three Tatuaje Conoju cigars. The first of the series is the Tatuaje Conoju 2003, a 6.5 inch x 52 Nicaraguan puro with a € 12.00 fixed price tag here in The Netherlands.

The cigar has a leather like wrapper that looks tough with some big veins and some spots. The construction shows some weak spots and I think that is the reason for the loose draw. The cigar doesn't have a strong aroma and smells a bit like a wet dog.

I can taste coffee with some leather, quite spicy and after half an inch the flavors fade down a bit. After an inch I get some more pepper while the leather has gone and the coffee turned to earthy flavors.

The flavors don't change much, this cigar is quite consistent. Halfway the leather returns, full flavored and mild spicy and some herbs. All other flavors have disappeared. After that the cigar just babbles on.

I got a lot of smoke in the 90 minutes I puffed on this cigar and the ash, which is not too firm, is very light colored, almost white. The draw is a bit on the loose side but the burn is good. The cigar is full flavored and full bodied. It tastes like medium bodied, but the power sneaks up on you like a sniper.

Would I buy this cigar again? A single every now and then, yes, but I expected more from this cigar.

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 6 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10