Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 02-21-2022, 07:48 PM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default A busy day

Sorry guys, no interesting reviews or posts from me today. Spent the better part of the day in doctors offices. So, that was super fun. I have an MRI tomorrow at 11am so after that I’ll be free and hopefully post another review for you. I know I have to see the doctor but I just wish I could see one ON TIME. they always tend to be late in everything. When I broke my arm a couple years ago I was scheduled for immediate surgery and ended up waiting 3 days which isn’t good to be NPO as a diabetic. They had me in this holding pattern and so my blood sugar was in a constant war. During surgery they told me it went down to 17 which I don’t really believe because I should be dead from that. It wouldn’t be my only brush with death. Anyways. I just wanted to give you guys an update on what’s been happening to me. Have a good night guys! God bless you!
Old 02-21-2022, 11:41 PM   #2
Havanaaddict
Man in Black!!!

Havanaaddict will become famous soon enoughHavanaaddict will become famous soon enough
Default Re: A busy day

I am a tyi1 diabetic an I have been under 20 as the tester only says low after 20. I was walking around but was in a daze, so I grabbed a candy bar quickly. I tend to run on the low side Al the time. Most nights it’s 45 to 60 at night , but that gives me an excuse to eat a few piece of sees candy.
Old 02-22-2022, 12:41 AM   #3
hudd
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
hudd will become famous soon enough

I thought l was gonna die the first time l went below 90. I was spinning one way and the room was spinning the other. Normally 130 is low for me.
hudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 03:51 AM   #4
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Praying You're Better, Soon, Jason! . As For Doctors Being Late, That's Life, Unfortunately.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 08:00 AM   #5
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough

I was planning on smoking a pork shoulder one morning so the night before i didn't eat as well as i should've and i went to bed. I had the alarm set for 430am because i start smoking early and for some reason i heard the alarm but couldn't drag myself out of bed. I eventually found the lamp and turned the lights on to find my alarm clock. I turned the alarm clock off and as soon as i tried to stand i knew what was wrong. I had the funny LBS feeling where you can't explain it but you're just not yourself. For some reason i didn't go immediately to some sugar for help but tried to start smoking the shoulder because i was a little late starting it. Eventually i got some soda's in me and after an hour i started coming out of the haze. When i checked my blood sugar it was 30 so i can't imagine what it was an hour before. I just remember thinking had i not set my alarm clock who knows what could've happened to me? I was blessed and learned an invaluable lesson to always eat well at dinner no matter how hungry i may be. Anyways, that's one of my crazy LBS stories. I've got a million of em as i'm sure some of you do as well. God bless you!
Old 02-22-2022, 12:05 PM   #6
Havanaaddict
Man in Black!!!

Havanaaddict will become famous soon enoughHavanaaddict will become famous soon enough

Yep I run so low all the time I am used to walking around with a 50 BS. I have been lucky all these years, I always ck my BS before I go to bed and eat a piece of sees if its below 100. Anything below 60 wakes me up and if its in the 40s my lips will go numb and I know I am LOW. I developed diabetes at 30 years old they thought it was type 2 as I was still 260 lb + (most of my life growing up I was over 300 lbs) but after some months they said we were wrong you're a type 1. I am sure I would be dead by now if I had diabetes when I was a teen as I was high or on something most of the time and would have never woke up at night. The Lord works in mysterious ways I finally lost the extra weight I carried all my life I am now 175 to 180 (I still fill fat sometimes) And I have been this wight at least 10 years. So diabetes probably saved my life and not getting it till 30 was also good
Old 02-22-2022, 12:20 PM   #7
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar

I use to be a big boy myself. I'm 6'2 and would often weigh 350 - 400lbs. I developed diabetes because of my damaged pancreas. I lost a ton of weight and actually got down to 185 but my doctors predicted i'd be dead at that weight in a couple of years so I'm at a much healthier 220lbs now. I think i could stand to drop 20lbs but my doctors disagree. at 185 i was skeletal

not my most flattering pic but just an example of how bad i was getting. I'm much healthier now