Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 03-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold
Default Alec Bradley Gear

I am slowly becoming an AB whore.....I have seen that they have hats, but I can't seem to find out where to purchase them. Are these just for events? I know I scored an Oliva hat at a recent event and asked the rep about them he said they are only available at events and not for sale.

Doesn't this seem like a waste? The hats have to cost someone $ to make.

Anyone know where I can score an AB hat without having to go to an event? I looked on their website and no events headed my way
Old 03-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future
Default Re: Alec Bradley Gear

Check eBay????
Old 03-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

It's not uncommon for manufacturers to have event only swag like caps, shirts, cutters etc. They really don't cost that much when they buy them in bulk, so they can afford to "give" them away with purchases at events. Plus it builds hype and advertising around the brand.

There are some notable exceptions for manufactures who will also sell some of their swag; Fuente Opus X branded merchandise, Drew Estate, CAO (used to, not sure what they do now), sometimes General & Altadis logo items pop up for sale, Perdomo has some stuff out there, but I don't recall ever seeing Alec Bradley caps for sale.

Why not just send an email to the appropriate Alec Bradley contact (from the website) and tell them how you like the cigars and would like to know where you can purchase a cap in your area, or ask them when their local rep will be at a store in your area, not necessarily for an event, just will be there for regular business, so you can meet him/her.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
Check eBay????
I did....no dice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
It's not uncommon for manufacturers to have event only swag like caps, shirts, cutters etc. They really don't cost that much when they buy them in bulk, so they can afford to "give" them away with purchases at events. Plus it builds hype and advertising around the brand.

There are some notable exceptions for manufactures who will also sell some of their swag; Fuente Opus X branded merchandise, Drew Estate, CAO (used to, not sure what they do now), sometimes General & Altadis logo items pop up for sale, Perdomo has some stuff out there, but I don't recall ever seeing Alec Bradley caps for sale.

Why not just send an email to the appropriate Alec Bradley contact (from the website) and tell them how you like the cigars and would like to know where you can purchase a cap in your area, or ask them when their local rep will be at a store in your area, not necessarily for an event, just will be there for regular business, so you can meet him/her.
That's a great idea Adam, I didn't think of doing that, was just thinking I was overlooking something (place to purchase them). I did get in contact with an AB rep via Twitter and he confirmed that these are normally for events, but they are looking to put these online in the future.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #5
LostAbbott
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mychal
Trading: (23)
PL
LostAbbott will become famous soon enough

I got you covered Mickey, drop me a pm and we can figure something out.