Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 09:15 PM   #4961
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post
Ibuprofen prevents inflammation so why not take a ton everyday?
I'd take Wobenzym instead. Talk about naturally kicking down inflamation! Whenever I get back pain, that Wobenzym works wonder in a few days. Totally natural and not too expensive.

Worth looking into.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:43 PM   #4962
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
I'd take Wobenzym instead. Talk about naturally kicking down inflamation! Whenever I get back pain, that Wobenzym works wonder in a few days. Totally natural and not too expensive.

Worth looking into.
That has bromelain in it, just like the Animal Flex I just started taking. Some believe that's the key.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
Old 11-19-2010, 05:10 AM   #4963
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
That has bromelain in it, just like the Animal Flex I just started taking. Some believe that's the key.
Wobenzym is a wonderful supplement, but has to be taken on an empty stomach twice a day. If you can plan your day around it, you'll reap benefits for sure.

"In addition, Wobenzym acts as a natural and safe alternative to anti-inflammatory drugs such as Ibuprofen.

Furthermore, some Olympic teams have used Wobenzym to reduce injuries by as much as 50% and to enhance healing after injury. This is partly due to the bioflavonoids ability to prevent the discoloration and local pain associated with traumatic injuries. For these same reasons, leading surgeons now routinely prescribe Wobenzym to prevent bruising and edema and the associated pain for their post-surgical patients."
Old 11-19-2010, 05:54 AM   #4964
BigFrank
5 3 1

First Name: Frank
Trading: (25)
Partagas
BigFrank will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Told ya that Flex is no joke. For the price, and conveinence ( the packs ) it can't be beat really.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:49 AM   #4965
PeteSB75
Have My Own Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (18)
Montecristo
PeteSB75 will become famous soon enough

No lifting yesterday or today, went rock wall climbing last night instead. Never tried it before, and it was a load of fun. It's also a heck of a workout, lifting my 250lb carcass up a 50ft wall, even with regular hand and foot holds. I think I will have to do it again, and soon. Will do wonders for my grip strength, my forearms were tight as I've ever felt them by the time I was done. Also helping with legs and core strength. Great stuff!
Old 11-19-2010, 06:57 AM   #4966
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteSB75 View Post
I think I will have to do it again, and soon. Will do wonders for my grip strength, my forearms were tight as I've ever felt them by the time I was done. Also helping with legs and core strength. Great stuff!
Stretching hips, legs, and glut's before getting too involved will help you out a lot with climbing.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:10 AM   #4967
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Told ya that Flex is no joke. For the price, and conveinence ( the packs ) it can't be beat really.
Only 4 days in and my joint pain is probably down 50% already....hoping for more improvement over the next few weeks. Thanks again for the tip, Frank.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
Old 11-19-2010, 10:16 AM   #4968
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
I may jump on board with that. Although, I can only get through about 30-40.
I started in September at 10.

We are minor leaguers compared to what this thread is focused on but hey... whatever works for you is good. I'm greatful for this ongoing discussion. It has helped stimulate me to get started and most importantly keep with a program that has been good for me.

The addition of the 12 lb hand weights has been a nice dimension. Keep them in the family room and toss off various types of 10 set reps as a nice break to TV watching.

Still resist cardio. One session on the airdyne and none since. Need to add something.. thinking about jumping jacks and maybe squat thrusts.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:47 AM   #4969
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post
Still resist cardio. One session on the airdyne and none since. Need to add something.. thinking about jumping jacks and maybe squat thrusts.
Come to Chicago for 60 days and I'll put you on the hockey team, Dave.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:03 AM   #4970
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
23.95 from DPS
http://www.dpsnutrition.net/get_by_209.htm

these guys are my go to supp place.
Not sure how much shipping is from DPS but I find Jack3d between $20-$25 on Amazon.com. I have a free prime account so 2-day shipping is free.

In diet news.. Following my diet to a T. Parents had pizza last night I passed and had my salmon filet, brown rice and spinach salad. A few days, I haven't had enough carbs and went loco on a few people Got that fixed now so all is good. Down 4 pounds in 2 weeks.

Following up with the forecast on the workout.. Shoulders and maybe some triceps today. I've been doing a lot of rest/pause work on rows(single arm and bent over). Basically just making sure the weight touches the ground and comes to a complete stop before I do another rep. On single arm rows I did 3 sets of 105x8 and I'll definitely be going heavier next workout. It gives me a good stretch on the bottom and the split second of rest is enough to give me an extra breath to get out more reps.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:51 AM   #4971
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Sounds like you are kickin' ass in all directions, Christos!

Old 11-20-2010, 10:06 AM   #4972
SilverFox

Bi's and Tri's yesterday

Seated DB Curls
Skullcrushers
Standing DB Hammer Curls
OH Tri Press
Chinups
Tri Dips
Concentration Curls
Single arm DB tri Extensions

4 sets of each on a superset basis............about an hour to hammer through it all. This is slow slow going but I am still seeing results so I keep at it.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:08 AM   #4973
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Have my sleep study tonight after work....hoping that CPAP is the miracle that a lot of my friends are telling me it is.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:50 AM   #4974
BigFrank
5 3 1

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
Not sure how much shipping is from DPS but I find Jack3d between $20-$25 on Amazon.com. I have a free prime account so 2-day shipping is free.
They are 1 state away from me, so I usually get my stuff in about 48hours. They UPS ground ship for the same rate anywhere in the CONUS 48. Plus they offer discount by how much you spend. Right now they have a 15% off anything over 150$ which for me ended up being free shipping and a few bucks off. Plus ya get free **** when you order over 100$ too...
Old 11-20-2010, 02:22 PM   #4975
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

Knee is feeling better, guess it was the gout.

Any of you guys have on of those days where it seems you can't throw up the weight that you've been doing.

I started out good on Monday doing incline db's, nothing out of the ordinary, then when it came time to do the flat db's I just couldn't throw up the weight. I started out at 75's on the first set thinking I'll end with the 90's or 95's but when I jumped to the 85's for the second set, nothing . I pushed it up 5 times or so then my arms just felt weak, I dropped down to 65's and even those felt heavy.

What gives? Can I just chalk it up to having "one of those days?" REst of the week went fine. I'm going to start adding the Da Klugs routine to my work out soon
Old 11-20-2010, 03:00 PM   #4976
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Absolutely Greg....if we could all go at "100%" every workout we would all be Hurculean....just doesn't work that way, and a lot of factors (diet, rest, mental state, and a multitide of others) can affect our strength and endurance from day to day.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:44 PM   #4977
BigFrank
5 3 1

Partagas

Your Central Nervous System can also take a beating from training.

Worked some assistance work on Friday and got a new tattoo. Looking to do a meet in the late winter but there isn't anything close to me. I'm thinking of running my own meet, maybe a bench for cash meet so I get a decent turn out. We'll see.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:45 PM   #4978
PeteSB75
Have My Own Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (18)
Montecristo
PeteSB75 will become famous soon enough

Nothing for me this weekend. Woke up yesterday with a nasty bug that took me down for yesterday and today. Tomorrow is a normal off-day for me, so we'll see how it goes on Tuesday.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:00 PM   #4979
SilverFox

Chest and Legs today

You know, no matter how long I do them I absolutely hate doing squats. About the 7th rep in every set I am in pass out mode. I can push anything too the max to the point of failure.............squats............just not my exercise. I keep doing them though............

Old 11-22-2010, 12:11 PM   #4980
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation

Same ol same ol over the weekend. The 100 consecutive push-ups is starting to get easier so maybe upping it this week. No cardio yet.
Closed Thread