Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 02-22-2012, 11:10 PM   #721
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Being a Hockey Parent

Quite possibly our number 1 player is out again....UGH. 2 games and someone ^#&%@#$ enough and he is a no go for the rest of the playoffs, including tonight.

No worries, good guys win!

Out C scores his second to tie the game and gives the crowd a hello...

Let's find a winning goalie to hug!

Thanks for coming out!
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:14 PM   #722
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

At this point, can finish no lower than 4th.... One more win, puts them in the State Championship Game.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #723
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Playing tonight at 9:00 for a slot in the State Championship Game. The team we are playing is undefeated and beat us 5-3 January 30th. GO SPARTANS!
Old 02-25-2012, 11:44 PM   #724
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Kick in the jimmy tonight... Lost to a team we beat twice this year. A win would have had us in the State Championship Game & into Nationals, win or lose that game.... But we went down 4-3....I'm sick.....can't enen imagien playing without these guys.....ugg..... We're done...
Old 02-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #725
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Sucks man. Sorry to hear.
Got a discount code to TH. Going to use then will post it and see if you guys can usr it.
Ordering a ez goal for the boy and a ton of odds and ends.

Made a huge homade skill / shooting pad for 30.00. Works really well.

Sad this season is ending and already preping him for next year. Looking at summer clinics
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #726
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Thanks, I'm still bummed.... I hate to see the team lose their last one.... It is also tough to see kids leave the ice for the last time with their HS team....

The night started right, Abby sending the team out, like she always does... This is the Head Coach getting his send out.... Oh how she loves this team...

Though we never had a lead, we tied it up twice....

This is the worst part of a season, losing seniors...

Our C....and such a GREAT KID....

Old 02-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #727
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Yea, post after you use.... I just ordered skates for the LO, I hope they work out... Her Supreme's work great(she has grown out of them), but she wants Vapors(100% looks).... So I am hoping that going from the D to EE will come close to being the same volume.....

IW has free shipping, so I guess I can just send them back... But she'll say they are fine until she has to skate in them for 1.5 hours....
Old 03-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #728
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Nice win today.... Don't know if I like her celebration or the look on her coaches faces during her celebration better....

One more game to go this regular season and then a break for a bit before 3 - 3....
Old 03-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #729
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Our boys are having their last games of the season this weekend. The Taylor Metcalf Tournament at Miami University in Oxford Ohio. The first night we were only there a few minutes and the tornado sirens were going off, everyone in the arena had to go to the shelter areas.

Luckily Oxford was spared but tornadoes hit all around the area. We already planned our last team dinner for tonight, not knowing what tomorrow would be like (Sunday), but our boys pulled out a win against a great team, the Green Bay Gamblers. They are through to the semi's tomorrow morn and are guaranteed a consolation game as well, so its a good weekend no matter what as far as ice time goes!

Our team mom put together a couple gifts for the departing coach, and I got some crappy cell phone pics. One is a team jersey framed for him, and another is team photo autographed by the boys. They also put together a book for him with pics of each boy and a personal note from each.

Here are the pics:

It still sucks we're losing him, but now that we know more details, with the assistant coach taking over, and all the new bites we have from other players in the area that want to try out, I'm feeling better about next year.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #730
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Happy to read you're feeling better about next year, Scott. Good luck tomorrow & be safe.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #731
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Early(pre bake) fit doesn't seem tight at all.... Like I said, the proof will be after a good skate.....

Last edited by E.J.; 03-08-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:03 AM   #732
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

lol I look at those and immediately think profile or wedges.. So nuetral.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #733
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
lol I look at those and immediately think profile or wedges.. So nuetral.
Going to go get them sharpened and profiled tomorrow... Not going to say a thing to her and see how it goes....

She's been skating & killing on the Supremes, so I hope it isn't a recipe for disaster, but we'll see how it goes.....

That said, she'll finish the season on the One60's tomorrow.... The X5.0's won't go on her feet for a bit. Maybe at power skating next week.... We're hitting a bit of a break as far as hockey goes, though have weekly power skating lessons going.....and have skills clinic coming up as well....
Old 03-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #734
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

I would do a pubskate or gretzky hour first. Its a prett dramatic change if used to a traditional youth profile. Would also have the radius changed to 9 foot as I thought most you skates are 11ft for stability for most kids.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #735
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Well, besides me, it looks like it will be a Bauer skate family.... Supreme's discounted on Friday and with another 10% with the PLAYERS10 code, picked up some One100's for the LM for approx. 28% off. Add in free shipping and it was just too good to pass up.

That said, it will be interesting to see what he thinks about them vs Graf's, which he has been skating in FOREVER....

Oh...and he went away from the fishbowl on Saturday... He said he hated the cage for the first 20 minutes and then just didn't notice anymore....

It has been an expensive last few weeks of being hockey parent...Skills Clinic, cage, new bag, stick, 2 pair of skates, some socks.....
Old 03-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #736
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

^^^ I don't know if it is my inpatients or just incompetence on their part, but with today’s technology, I can't understand how something ordered before noon yesterday, isn't shipped with a tracking number in my hand today.

26 hours and doesn't look like my order is even processed.... There is a reason I rarely use hockeygiant or hockeymonkey anymore....and this is it. If this was with icewarehouse, my order would be half way here by now, delivery would be tomorrow....
Old 03-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #737
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Well as long as he wasnt skating in a 709 or 70 series Graf he may be okay. I think you said he wore a 703? If thats the case you are fine with bauer. 705 or 35 ending on skate is a toss up, but possibly okay. I know the boy and I both are wearing 70 series now and cant wear bauer. I heard the new nxg was supposex to be a deeper boot. Actually debating buying his next 2 skates in the same model boot just to make sure I dont go through skate issues.

Hate summer. He apparently has a good chance of making a summer tournament team. They are supposed to go down to LA atleast once though which I am not interested in doing. If I did that team though I could sign him up for a weekly skate/scrim with a seperate team and have him skating four days a week at a high level with scrims for all spring and into summer. Would kind of kill yhe need to do a camp. Trying to talk a buddy into doing the same.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #738
ahc4353

Forgot just how much I like to read and view this thread. Never seem to have the time to check in. Anyway, keep up the great job of keeping me up with the life of a hockey parent. EJ that photo of the two seniors hugging clearly shows the bond this great sport develops. I got some dust in my eyes on that one. Brought back some very strong memories.

Be well boys.

I'll stop by when I can.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:16 AM   #739
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Just popped in to say that even old guys have a "hockey parent".

Me and my Hockey Dad after my team won the men's league championship the other night.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:18 AM   #740
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

I love it Tom! Did your Dad ever play? Everyone always asks me how Cam got into hockey, did I play, etc etc.

I never played but there are a ton of boys on my kids hockey team who have dads that played.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote