Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-15-2012, 02:46 AM   #1
Robulous78

Default Pvnisher Review

[IMG] Untitled by Robulous78, on Flickr[/IMG]

Well Fellas, After hearing in tones and whispers that is cigar was an almost "too powerfully pepper", after hearing that it has made "peoples mouth go numb" and was once equated to being "pepper-sprayed in the taste buds" I have drawn my own conclusion...

Prelight: The stick gives a mild pepper taste even without smoke! I will admit I knew the cigar was going to be peppery but had no idea this is what they ment my anxiety rose considerably but I thought "hell I already cut it..."

First 3rd: Pepper is the name of the game here, It comes on strong, building in the mouth, not a bad thing but I thought this is the pepper I expected towards the end, not the start, and worried further as the stick progressed...

Second 3rd: The pepper is the only note I get on the cigar, it has stopped building or my mouth has gotten it under control. All and All I am enjoying it though wished there was atleast one other flavor note I could get but the pepper, I get the feeling that if paired with a mexican buffet this cigar would be totally appropriate and complimentary

Last 3rd & Out: No change in flavor nice burn-line, I had expected the pepper to become overwhelming but it really hasn't, I can understand totally how if you did not approach this cigar knowing it was "[b]VERY PEPPERY[b]" you could easily be turned off by the experience, but going in knowing that, I have to say I enjoyed it. I don't know if I would spend the 14.00 MSRP on the experience, but if I had one I wouldn't pass it by, Just wait for your next mexican night...

Thanks Mike for The Stick
Old 10-15-2012, 05:17 AM   #2
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

First Name: Rob
Trading: (19)
HUpmann Army (Disabled Vet)
RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Pvnisher Review

Brave soul! Thanks for the review!
RobR1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:47 AM   #3
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robulous78 View Post
[IMG] Untitled by Robulous78, on Flickr[/IMG]

Well Fellas, After hearing in tones and whispers that is cigar was an almost "too powerfully pepper", after hearing that it has made "peoples mouth go numb" and was once equated to being "pepper-sprayed in the taste buds" I have drawn my own conclusion...

Prelight: The stick gives a mild pepper taste even without smoke! I will admit I knew the cigar was going to be peppery but had no idea this is what they ment my anxiety rose considerably but I thought "hell I already cut it..."

First 3rd: Pepper is the name of the game here, It comes on strong, building in the mouth, not a bad thing but I thought this is the pepper I expected towards the end, not the start, and worried further as the stick progressed...

Second 3rd: The pepper is the only note I get on the cigar, it has stopped building or my mouth has gotten it under control. All and All I am enjoying it though wished there was atleast one other flavor note I could get but the pepper, I get the feeling that if paired with a mexican buffet this cigar would be totally appropriate and complimentary

Last 3rd & Out: No change in flavor nice burn-line, I had expected the pepper to become overwhelming but it really hasn't, I can understand totally how if you did not approach this cigar knowing it was "[b]VERY PEPPERY[b]" you could easily be turned off by the experience, but going in knowing that, I have to say I enjoyed it. I don't know if I would spend the 14.00 MSRP on the experience, but if I had one I wouldn't pass it by, Just wait for your next mexican night...

Thanks Mike for The Stick
Let us know how the skin grafts on your lips go.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #4
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

I nubbed one. After the first inch, it turned into a good cigar.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
Brlesq
Carpe cigar!

First Name: Bruce
Trading: (17)
Montecristo
Brlesq will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
I nubbed one. After the first inch, it turned into a good cigar.
Agreed. And I think smoking much slower is better on these.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #6
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

You're all insane. Why would you even consider smoking a cigar that would make you rather dunk your head in a vat of cold acid just to alleviate the pain . . .?
Old 10-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #7
Infecting Via PM

First Name: Brendon
Trading: (35)
RA
363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
You're all insane. Why would you even consider smoking a cigar that would make you rather dunk your head in a vat of cold acid just to alleviate the pain . . .?
I dunno after reading this review, it almost makes me think I could smoke the one I got and bare it. Although his review doesn't show a lit stick
Rob your a brave soul my good sir
Old 10-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #8
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

First Name: Rob
Trading: (19)
HUpmann Army (Disabled Vet)
RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about

I actually did smoke one before...taste wasn't bad, but still the only cigar to this day that made me so sick that I couldn't function. I think it had a lot of nicotine, but I'll have to revisit it. Still have 4 more in the humi...
RobR1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #9
TJtorpedo
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tim
Trading: (4)
Cohiba
TJtorpedo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 363 View Post
I dunno after reading this review, it almost makes me think I could smoke the one I got and bare it. Although his review doesn't show a lit stick
Rob your a brave soul my good sir
My sentiments exactly. I still have the one I got in a sampler, and with this review, I might just have to fire it up soon!
Old 10-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #10
Robulous78

Thanks Guys, I'm glad you all found my review interesting... All and All I'll say if you like hot sauce on your food then you'll be able to handle this cigar no problem... Unless I got a milder stick I would say it is no hotter then the average Banana Peppers out there, which IMHO, aren't hot at all, but then again I cover my wings in texas pete and my pizza in Sriracha... So I might be a bit of a dragon already...

As for the comment on the nicotine, I can't really speak to its nicotine content because I have been a smoker for years now and so I have lost sensitivity to it... I'd say give it another shot, smoke it slow, have a margarita and enjoy life...

Thanks Guys,

Rob
Old 10-16-2012, 03:21 AM   #11
mfarre03
Never pet a burning dog..

First Name: Mike
Trading: (3)
Cohiba
mfarre03 is on a distinguished road

Glad you liked it Rob, I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I first tried one. The pepper is very overwhelming at first but then settles down after about 10 minutes. I lit one of the second ones I ever tried and gave it to the wife to try...yeah, didn't go over real well, lol. I think the best part about the cigar is it's something different. If you like tabasco then you will love this smoke.
mfarre03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:27 AM   #12
5newmans
Why is all the Rum Gone?

First Name: James
Trading: (0)
HUpmann
5newmans is on a distinguished road

Nice review, I may have try one just to say I did.
5newmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #13
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

I smoked one a while back, gimmicy at best. Infused with habenero I think. Quality construction, why did they waste the hard work with infusion? At least I didn't buy a box of them, ahem MAC!!!
Old 10-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #14
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Still have one in my humi from Mac. Not sure I wanna smoke it.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #15
Infecting Via PM

First Name: Brendon
Trading: (35)
RA
363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
Still have one in my humi from Mac. Not sure I wanna smoke it.
come on, we can virtual herf and smoke em together
Old 10-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #16
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

And pass out together.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #17
poriggity
Cigar Zombie Fo Life!

First Name: Scott
Trading: (13)
poriggity will become famous soon enoughporiggity will become famous soon enough

I've smoked a couple, and actually really enjoy them. I gave my last one to a buddy last night while watching the chargers/broncos game last night, and he liked it too.. I guess we're wierd like that.

Bearded Dad Blog
poriggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #18
Robulous78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
I smoked one a while back, gimmicy at best. Infused with habenero I think. Quality construction, why did they waste the hard work with infusion? At least I didn't buy a box of them, ahem MAC!!!
I Agree that it is a bit Gimmicy, and yes they are infused but I believe its jalapeno, habenero would be way to strong to describe the pepper in this cigar in my opinion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 363 View Post
come on, we can virtual herf and smoke em together
There's an Idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
And pass out together.
LoL, Seriously Maninblack, I'm sure you could smoke this with no issues, unless you have a stomach ulcer or some other sensitivity to hot foods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poriggity View Post
I've smoked a couple, and actually really enjoy them. I gave my last one to a buddy last night while watching the chargers/broncos game last night, and he liked it too.. I guess we're wierd like that.
I have to agree with Poriggity, This cigar is not for everyone, its a "one note song" of pepper for sure, so if that is not your thing, stay away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarre03 View Post
Glad you liked it Rob, I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I first tried one. The pepper is very overwhelming at first but then settles down after about 10 minutes. I lit one of the second ones I ever tried and gave it to the wife to try...yeah, didn't go over real well, lol. I think the best part about the cigar is it's something different. If you like tabasco then you will love this smoke.
I have to say I agree most with this statement, It most certainly is different, and if you like tabasco you will probably like this cigar...

Thanks everyone for your comments and interest,

Rob