Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 10-29-2009, 04:54 PM   #21
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sam Adams Seasonals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Quan View Post
The Cranberry Lambic is the stuff on nightmares, I have no idea how it makes it back into the mix every year considering I have never heard of anyone that has finished an entire bottle let alone someone who actually liked the stuff.
Well, cannot say I liked it, but I drank both bottles from the pack I had last year. But I'm a country boy at heart, born and raised in moonshine country, so can drink most anything, plus I got it free - the sales rep came into the shop and said the packs were "out of date", that he would credit me, and that I should toss them. So I did - one at a time.

It's like the old joke - they wuz jes' right. Any better, an' he wouldn't have give them to me, any worse an' I couldn'a drunk 'em.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:17 PM   #22
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about

You must not be human
Commander Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #23
Alec Trevelyan
Agent 006

Trading: (1)
Alec Trevelyan is on a distinguished road

Just picked up a 6-pack of winter Lager a few days ago. Drank them with a family member and we both liked them.
Alec Trevelyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 05:58 PM   #24
wavescrashing
Unofficial CA Boli Ho

First Name: Mike
Trading: (19)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Active)
wavescrashing has disabled reputation

I do enjoy the Sam Adams Black when it's out. I just picked up a 6er of the Winter Lager. It's strange because the warm spices give it an after taste that reminds me of the aftertaste of Swedish Snus Tobacco.
wavescrashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:16 PM   #25
poriggity
Cigar Zombie Fo Life!

First Name: Scott
Trading: (13)
poriggity will become famous soon enoughporiggity will become famous soon enough

Hmmm I went through 6 cases of Octoberfest this year when it was out. Now its gone. Wonder if Costco has Winter Lager by the Case yet...
Scott

Bearded Dad Blog
poriggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:22 PM   #26
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
jmsremax will become famous soon enough

I too just bought a 6 pack of winter lager. It's definitely my fav seasonal beer. I was just introduced to a new brew from Sams....coastal Wheat I believe it is. This is their hefeweizen beer....solid beer.
jmsremax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:52 PM   #27
BlackDog
Gonna make you groove...

First Name: Warren
BlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the rough

I really like SA's Octoberfest, and for some reason I can still buy it here. Perhaps it's not a big seller in this market. If I see one I'll buy the SA winter mix, and take the Commander's warning into consideration when I try the lambic. I like their regular lager OK so they won't be a loss to me.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:57 PM   #28
Mark
Tarheel.

First Name: Mark
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
Mark will become famous soon enough

Oh Sam Adams - how I love thee! You make it so easy to keep track of the seasons!
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:57 AM   #29
Namerifrats

I mostly drink Micro Brews. But I do drink some Sam Adams, Michelob, etc. I like the Boston Lager, Octoberfest, and Winter Lager. Irish Red wasn't too bad either.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:06 AM   #30
Robert Mabona

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
I really enjoy the Octoberfest, and it will soon be no longer availible around here. I am interested as to what else Sam Adams has to offer in line with their seasonals, more specifically, Winter Lager, Old Fezziwig, and the Holiday Porter. Those really are the only other beers that interest me as far as Sam Adams goes. Can anyone give a good report on those beers??
switch to stone & rogue
Old 11-19-2009, 10:16 AM   #31
MikeyC
member of the CA MINYAN

Trading: (11)
Bolivar
MikeyC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Quan View Post
The Cranberry Lambic is the stuff on nightmares, I have no idea how it makes it back into the mix every year considering I have never heard of anyone that has finished an entire bottle let alone someone who actually liked the stuff.
I find it shocking to say the least, but I've actually met people that not only like this beer they actually LOVE it. It's probably my least favorite Sam Adams beer along with Cherry Wheat. The rest of the Winter mix pack is GREAT though. I love Old Fezzi, Holiday Porter, and Winter Lager. The cinammon in the Winter Lager and Old Fezzi gives the beer a great flavor.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:57 PM   #32
GhostRyder
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Sam
Trading: (2)
GhostRyder is on a distinguished road

The Winter Lager is one of my favorite mass produced beers as well. Very tasty. I have a few bottles of Oktoberfest left in the fridge--also good, but I think the Winter Lager wins the contest there.
GhostRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:06 PM   #33
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
I really enjoy the Octoberfest, and it will soon be no longer availible around here. I am interested as to what else Sam Adams has to offer in line with their seasonals, more specifically, Winter Lager, Old Fezziwig, and the Holiday Porter. Those really are the only other beers that interest me as far as Sam Adams goes. Can anyone give a good report on those beers??
I usually get a couple cases of whatever they call their Winter Blends sampler. I like all except the Cranberry Lambric, but I have buddy who loves it - and I like to make a pork roast in the crock pot with it, so it doesn't go to waste. The others in their are an enjoyable winter diversion. And usually, I can pick it up for a reasonable price.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:02 PM   #34
MikeyC
member of the CA MINYAN

Trading: (11)
Bolivar
MikeyC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
I usually get a couple cases of whatever they call their Winter Blends sampler. I like all except the Cranberry Lambric, but I have buddy who loves it - and I like to make a pork roast in the crock pot with it, so it doesn't go to waste. The others in their are an enjoyable winter diversion. And usually, I can pick it up for a reasonable price.
The Lambic also makes a great chicken marinade.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:58 PM   #35
bvilchez
En búsqueda.....

First Name: Bolivar aka Jay
Trading: (76)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Active)
bvilchez has disabled reputation

I ended up buying a 6er of the Winter Lager to give it a shot. Too bad I left it in the fridge and forgot about it and now I'm gone throughout the week.

So i ended up buying the Winter Classics. The spice in the Winter Lager isn't too bad. But I'm not sure about that Cranberry crap....might just stay in there and visit the mulch outside.
bvilchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:02 AM   #36
Robert Mabona

thanks for the heads-up. i was suspiscious of the use of the word "lambic". i'll taste it and most likely that one will go in the crock.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:35 PM   #37
baldanders
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jim
Trading: (4)
Partagas
baldanders is on a distinguished road

Samuel Adams Double Bock (Imperial Series) is great!
Old 12-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #38
icantbejon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jon
Trading: (10)
Cohiba Army (Active)
icantbejon will become famous soon enoughicantbejon will become famous soon enough

Anyone a fan of Blue Moon's Full Moon? That is a tasty winter ale.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:37 AM   #39
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yes, I will buy 2 cases of the seasonal mixture - only the Cranberry Lambric is something I will gift away or cook with. I have been doing this for the last few years, so, that's how much I enjoy them.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #40
BlackDog
Gonna make you groove...

First Name: Warren
BlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the rough

I love the idea of using the cranberry lambic to cook a pork roast. Add some more fresh cranberries to the pot, and serve with potatos and sauerkraut.