Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 08-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all
Default Official SEC Football Thread 2012

Six consecutive BCS National Champions (Florida 06, LSU 07, Florida 08, Alabama 09, Auburn 10, Alabama 11)

Five teams in the AP Preseason top 10, included #2 Bama & #3 LSU, and six in the preseason top 25.

With the realign of college football conferences, the rest of the nation is trying to catch up with the dominance of the SEC; good luck. "The Zou" of Missouri and the 12th Man of Texas A&M join the likes of coeds in checkered fedoras in Bryant-Denny, Woo Pig Sooie in the Arkansas Ozarks, Mr. Two-Bits in Ben Hill Griffin, and the Cockpit in Carolina.

The history of victory, the geography of supremacy. The SEC is not merely a conference - it's a league of its own.

Fire up the grill, put the beers on ice - its time for some good ol' SEC football

Old 08-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2012

2 Bits, 4 Bits, 6 Bits, A Dollar: All for the Gators, Stand Up and Holler!

Old 08-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers View Post
Six consecutive BCS National Champions (Florida 06, LSU 07, Florida 08, Alabama 09, Auburn 10, Alabama 11)

Five teams in the AP Preseason top 10, included #2 Bama & #3 LSU, and six in the preseason top 25.

With the realign of college football conferences, the rest of the nation is trying to catch up with the dominance of the SEC; good luck. "The Zou" of Missouri and the 12th Man of Texas A&M join the likes of coeds in checkered fedoras in Bryant-Denny, Woo Pig Sooie in the Arkansas Ozarks, Mr. Two-Bits in Ben Hill Griffin, and the Cockpit in Carolina.

The history of victory, the geography of supremacy. The SEC is not merely a conference - it's a league of its own.

Fire up the grill, put the beers on ice - its time for some good ol' SEC football

Roll Tide Roll!

Get em, SEC!!! Another National Champ will emerge from the SEC this year.

Last edited by SvilleKid; 08-18-2012 at 11:55 AM.
SvilleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

OK...the preseason poll is out. I am starting it. SEC dominating the top 10.

AP Top 25
RK TEAM
1 USC (25)
2 Alabama (17)
3 LSU (16)
4 Oklahoma (1)
5 Oregon
6 Georgia
7 Florida State
8 Michigan (1)
9 South Carolina
10 Arkansas
11 West Virginia
12 Wisconsin
13 Michigan State
14 Clemson
15 Texas
16 Virginia Tech
17 Nebraska
19 Oklahoma State
20 TCU
21 Stanford
22 Kansas State
23 Florida
24 Boise State
25 Louisville
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #5
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I was going to place my first smart comment in the other thread, but it really is best ended with the info
pointing it to this thread. I guess I was gonna say "No thanks, I wouldn't fit in at that new thread."

I think I will start it early.

That Roll Tide image is just plain awful. I know it's hard to combine Tide and Elephants, but that is just weird.
Although it does seem a good image for saving African Wildlife from slaughter or something. Nothing against
UA, but their artistic fans need to go back to the drawing board with that one.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #6
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I was struck to see 25 first place votes (I imagine that's what that means) for USC.
Granted the pre-season is famous for meaning nothing, and likely less than nothing.
But I think Lane Kiffen is not going to be able to field a team talented enough to
overcome his tendency to be a total loser, douchebag, Baby Huey-lookin MF.

Now, I know nothing about football, but I do know how to string a curse word together.
And to me, that's as good as it gets on predicting success or failure in Division 1 football.

Last edited by OLS; 08-21-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #7
Powers

Bolivar

I gotta agree w/ya Brad, I laughed when I saw USC in the top 5, let alone ranked #1. They might have the talent to be there, but Kiffin has literally accomplished NOTHING. He'll flop big time and I can't wait to watch it.

Similarly, I think Georgia is way overrated. Yeah there schedule is a gift from God but Richt isn't an elite coach and will never get them over the hump. They'll never win a national championship and I highly doubt an SEC one w/him at the helm, even with the advantage of a cupcake schedule.

I'm confident that South Carolina will represent the East in Atlanta and am oscillating b/w LSU or Arkansas to represent the West/win it and go on to play for a national title. The Hawgs, where I have just begun studying for my PhD, have LSU & Bama in Fayetteville.

Prediction for the National Championship game if you put a gun to my head now:

Oklahoma vs LSU
Old 08-21-2012, 10:58 PM   #8
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
2 Bits, 4 Bits, 6 Bits, A Dollar: All for the Gators, Stand Up and Holler!

I'm a Gator fan too, but without much hope for being in the mix in 2012. At least hope we beat the Semiholes.

And hoping the 2012 National Champ comes from the greatest division in college football, the SEC!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:21 AM   #9
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
Roll Tide Roll!

Get em, SEC!!! Another National Champ will emerge from the SEC this year.

I Agree With Cliff! Roll, Tide!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:02 PM   #10
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Oklahoma vs LSU
That does not look bad right there in print....I like it, Pow-pow.
Greg, it's not my searing hatred of the Tide, it's the ridiculous pairing of elephants and red water.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #11
OLS
Suck It

Well personally, I prefer an elephant driving a submarine with Denzel Washington.

LSU, Hypnotizing fans since 1860
Old 08-23-2012, 01:22 AM   #12
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
That does not look bad right there in print....I like it, Pow-pow.
Greg, it's not my searing hatred of the Tide, it's the ridiculous pairing of elephants and red water.
Quote:
Well personally, I prefer an elephant driving a submarine with Denzel Washington.

LSU, Hypnotizing fans since 1860
Reminds Me Of "War", Guys! Can't Wait For SEC Football; Going To The BAMA/Michigan Game In Cowboy Stadium Sept. 1!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:58 PM   #13
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Reminds Me Of "War", Guys! Can't Wait For SEC Football; Going To The BAMA/Michigan Game In Cowboy Stadium Sept. 1!
If we could have scored a point we could have played in that game, lol.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #14
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Bout time.......
Old 08-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #15
OLS
Suck It

Jaws theme
Old 08-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #16
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
Jaws theme
Exactly, 'cause the Gators do the chomp to the Jaws theme
Old 08-30-2012, 08:05 AM   #17
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

Gameday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #18
OLS
Suck It

I totally forgot you guys were leading off early. Might have to find a TV, since I know it won't be on a local.
Guessing ESPN, home of sports I can't watch.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #19
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

It's on ESPN. Shitty game though. Looks like Shaw may be out. If so....we need to hang it up.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:31 AM   #20
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

I put $20 on the Shamecocks (-7) as I thought they knew how to play football. That's what I get for messing with the dark side.

Lesson learned!

Now, on to my Tigers over Auburn tomorrow night. I'm still ready to see some good football.