Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 10-13-2012, 11:33 PM   #161
ir13
PSHC - T1nyH@

Trading: (44)
HUpmann
ir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
Well done LSU. Good game.
Agreed. Knew it was going to be a very tough game in Death Valley, but i was hoping we were going to pull it out.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:47 AM   #162
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Congrats To The LSU Fans! Great Pull-Out Victory!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #163
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Geezus, talk about a SLUG-fest! USC brought a good game in Death Valley....LSU was
lucky to escape with
the win. Congrats to both MS teams, too, by the way, looked really competent,
a sure buzz saw for
anyone coming into town to play
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #164
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

The LSU game was one heck of a battle. About the only way to describe it!! LSU's pick with about 4 minutes left was, in my eyes, the turning point. Not many games go that deep waiting for a turning point!!! It was a hard fought battle on both sides, for sure. I'm disappointed because I never saw Spurrier throw down his visor!

I thought, from the early play, that the Tennessee/Mississippi State game was going to be a Miss St. blow-out. But Tennessee hung in there, and made a game of it.

Bama better have it's "A" game in place when they play LSU and Miss.St., or they will be handed their head. LSU seems to have their head back in the game, and any team that takes on Miss. St. based on what they have done in past years is sure to get a very rude surprise.

Wildcard team that could throw a wrench in any SEC contest would seem to be Vandy!!! And, if South Carolina is a great team, they will need to step back to the plate for the rest of the season, and come back strong like LSU did against them!

Auburn? What can be said here?? DAMN, guys, get some leadership! You have good players. Don't know what the "funk" is that has infected them, but it needs exorcising!!!

The SEC Championship game participants??? Who the hell knows, at this point!!!
Old 10-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #165
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Congrats to LSU... I thought USC would take that one late. That was one heck of a game!!
Congrats to Ole Miss... anytime Auburn loses it is a good day.
Congrats to Mississippi State... see about but insert Tennessee
I still question whether the Gators are for real this year or have just caught some really nice breaks. Either way... I hope we play well against USC this weekend.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #166
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough

I think the end of the season is going to be a different picture than what we see right now. For one thing there are several teams who look good because they've faced a string of crap opponents and haven't really been tested yet.

The Gators look the best so far IMO, they beat LSU for one thing, Gave A&M it's one loss so far, and held Tennessee to their lowest points this season, say what you want about Tennessee but if they had a defense to speak of they'd been in the running.

Who the hell knows about Alabama they haven't really done anything so far and the only teams on the schedule that aren't wildly over rated or downright terrible are LSU and A&M. Also I think Saban is having trouble keeping his players overconfidence in check. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Alabama go undefeated in the regular season only to be trounced in the SEC Championship and lose a bowl game, again.

USC is in the same boat as Alabama, except they lost their first big test, ours is still to come. I don't count Georgia as a test because after the Tenn game everyone knew who GA was and I don't think anyone was surprised when USC smashed them to little bits.

LSU is good but inconsistent, they got better after losing to Florida and I think they have the best chance to keep Bama from going undefeated in the regular season, although as an Alabama fan, I hope they don't.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #167
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

What are y'all thoughts on the coach's on the hot seat?

Most common rumors are that Dooley is out at Tennessee, I think Chizik can get fired if Auburn only gets 3-4 wins, and obviously John L. is out at Arkansas while Kentucky might wack there coach as well. Georgia seems to be content with a coach who can never win the big game nor get them over the hump so I guess Richt is comfortable

Thoughts about replacements though?

Being in Fayetteville the rumor is that Charlie Strong is the favorite to get the Arkansas job, which as a Gator I'd be happy.

Y'all think Petrino might come roaring in on a motorcycle to one of the other coaching jobs? I think Knoxville would be the most likely
Old 10-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #168
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

[quote=Powers;1733759

Y'all think Petrino might come roaring in on a motorcycle to one of the other coaching jobs? I think Knoxville would be the most likely [/QUOTE]

This.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #169
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Do you guys even remember, Phillip Fulmer was FIRED the year RIGHT after winning the
National Championship???
That is the funniest thing in the world to me, not being an orange-head. And LOOK at the carnage in the wake of
that decision. I was thinking, "Why on earth would they fire Phillip Fulmer?" Being an LSU fan, I was always well-
schooled in the coaching carousel back when I was a kid. After that, it quieted down considerably, lol, although
there ARE coon-a55es who will tell you that Les Miles needs to GO after he rung up 13 wins last year.

Richt, likely staying
Dooley, gone, they want his head over here.
John L Smith, tossup....no wait, gone, his finances and sad story are all over the websternet.
Chizik, Stays somehow.

But LSU fans at least understand they can't win the NC every year. It is my firm belief that the
bama crowd believes they should be winning it every year. Not too long ago they were the laughing
stock of the league with a handful of hapless coaches. Now with Saban they have quickly let all
that fall away, and one person here actually told me that they are basically the Notre Dame of the
SEC, with too high a set of standards to ever be mired in athletic controversy or questionable character
issues among players. And shockingly, I believe Saban will be there for a while, too.

Last edited by OLS; 10-18-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #170
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Do you guys even remember, Phillip Fulmer was FIRED the year RIGHT after winning the
National Championship???
That is the funniest thing in the world to me, not being an orange-head. And LOOK at the carnage in the wake of
that decision. I was thinking, "Why on earth would they fire Phillip Fulmer?" Being an LSU fan, I was always well-
schooled in the coaching carousel back when I was a kid. After that, it quieted down considerably, lol, although
there ARE coon-a55es who will tell you that Les Miles needs to GO after he rung up 13 wins last year.

Richt, likely staying
John L Smith, tossup....no wait, gone, his finances and sad story are all over the websternet.
Chizik, Stays somehow.

But LSU fans at least understand they can't win the NC every year. It is my firm belief that the
bama crowd believes they should be winning it every year. Not too long ago they were the laughing
stock of the league with a handful of hapless coaches. Now with Saban they have quickly let all
that fall away, and one person here actually told me that they are basically the Notre Dame of the
SEC, with too high a set of standards to ever be mired in athletic controversy or questionable character
issues among players. And shockingly, I believe Saban will be there for a while, too.
I Believe Saban Will Stay, Too, Brad; & We're Happy With Winning The NC Every Other Year & Runner Up In Between!
Old 10-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #171
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
National Championship???

Richt, likely staying
Chizik, Stays somehow.

I can't speak for all Bama fans but I for one take it year by year, Bama has been seriously in the running for NC the last 4 years, and won twice. So I begin the season expectant and hopeful.

Still there isn't a real Bama fan that doesn't remember Dubose 2000 season, Franchione bailing, Shula standing on the sidelines looking confused and Coach Whats-his-name that got fired for going to a strip club.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #172
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo35980 View Post
I can't speak for all Bama fans but I for one take it year by year, Bama has been seriously in the running for NC the last 4 years, and won twice. So I begin the season expectant and hopeful.

Still there isn't a real Bama fan that doesn't remember Dubose 2000 season, Franchione bailing, Shula standing on the sidelines looking confused and Coach Whats-his-name that got fired for going to a strip club.
Yeah... Mike Price paid the price for that stupidity. Actually got caught because he lent his UoA credit card to the stripper to use!!

As to the Notre Dame of SEC.... That makes me throw up a little in my mouth (I do not care for ND at all!) Is Bama above getting into trouble with the NCAA??? HELL NO! I don't think there is a college out there that doesn't have some booster somewhere doing something wrong. That doesn't have some dad of a prospect shopping his son for $100,000. That doesn't have commercial retailers giving (or trying to give) players products. Too many avenues for a coach and staff to guard against all of them. And that's just on influences from outside of the campus. I expect every year to hear of some school that the NCAA is considering putting on the "kill list". The NCAA is a bureaucracy that has to always have some pot stirring to justify their existence. (Off subject- But about the same way I feel about NASCAR's admin.)
Old 10-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #173
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Trading: (16)
Bolivar
ninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the rough

Still can't get over Towson putting up 22 points on LSU, Notice the mustache on mettenberger has been absent since then.... Unlucky charm?
ninjavanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:05 AM   #174
OLS
Suck It

Man I wish I didn't have those two on ignore, I bet they laid it on thick as me.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:01 AM   #175
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
National Championship???
that decision. I was thinking, "Why on earth would they fire Phillip Fulmer?" ....
Actually, Fulmer was fired in 2008. UT won the BCS in 1998.

Carry on.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #176
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Actually, Fulmer was fired in 2008. UT won the BCS in 1998.

Carry on.
Never say what you hear on the radio even if the person saying it is a sports DJ, lol. Sounded right to me.
That would have been T Martin, right? That DOES sound wrong. Thought Fulmer was gone LONG after T left.
You sure are right, cause now that I think of it, Fulmer was fired while I was living here, and they won
the FIRST BCS championship, right? So that is wrong on every level.

Carry on carrying on.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #177
OLS
Suck It

What the hell is the deal with LSU and this flopping they do to get what just invariably looks like
momentum gouging? As a fan, I let it alone the first 10-12 times. But now I am seeing it much as the rest
of you do. I don't see a lot of games, is this happening everywhere or is LSU trying to break into the Premier League?
Old 10-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #178
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

ha ha ha. Looks lke A&M is unraveling.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #179
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
ha ha ha. Looks lke A&M is unraveling.
As Usual. Gators Spanking The Gamecocks!
Old 10-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #180
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

WELL....this was fun.