Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 10-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #201
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir13 View Post
While you may be right, Im not entirely sure. I think Ellington and that Freshman Back will step up and we will be just fine. Its going to be tougher, because alot of defense keyed on Lattimore, but we should be able to survive. Especially with the defense we have.
I agree with all of this. That Wilds kid show some promise. Lattimore has been a bit ineffective of late since the D just stacks the box. It will be interesting to see what happens now. We need to get an air game going.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:13 PM   #202
ir13
PSHC - T1nyH@

Trading: (44)
HUpmann
ir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the rough

I believe this week off will help heal some injuries as well and hopefully the offensive line can get their **** together and give Shaw some time in the pocket.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:54 PM   #203
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
Looks like Lattimore is out for the season. THis is really going to hurt us going through the rest of the season.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...on-knee-injury
Everything is going to be alright. There's only 5 games left...

Old 10-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #204
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Is that catfish to be viewed as consoling the other catfish???
chuckle

Oh, I guess it's a shark, haha.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:48 AM   #205
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Brad, you better tell your boys to stay out of the weed.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #206
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Another example of MY Tigers taking down the world. My old Organic college professor is the guy who released the genie:

Professor John W. Huffman who first synthesised many of the cannabinoids used in synthetic cannabis is quoted as saying, "People who use it are idiots. You don't know what it's going to do to you."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_W._Huffman

I was taking Auburn at +22.5 even before this happened.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:00 AM   #207
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Good luck to all the teams today. My boys have the week off. They sure as hell need it.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:48 PM   #208
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Haha, TAKE IT TO EM, Derek Dooley, wahoo!. After today's performance, GRANTED, IN TIGER STADIUM, I have no
fear of this Crimson Tide you speak of. GEAUX TIGERS!! Be it known, this feeling has nothing to do with 6-6 at
Bryant Denney at halftime. I had this feeling after the FIRST smashing of a Auburn kick returner, the first of about
4 in a row. Great game Tigers, beat Bama.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:41 PM   #209
OLS
Suck It

Haha, if there is one thing I know how to do, it's speak too soon. I came in at 3:00 to go in the first half and
saw 6-6 in Tuscaloosa. I didn't realize Tennessee was struggling just like they did in Knoxville last week.
And if anyone knows halftime adjustments, it's Nick Saban.

My prediction for Nov 5th stands however. Tigers win.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:32 PM   #210
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Brad, you better tell your boys to stay out of the weed.
You know that does not matter. Nor does team or school policy have any effect on what Les will do to win. He had the same "win regardless of the cost or rules at Arkansas, he has now demonstrated the same mentality at LSU. If Les is going to look the other way on drugs, as well as criminal charges, who knows what he will be willing to overlook? That is the same lack-of-enforcement and lack-of concern for discipline that Mike Dubose and Mike Shula had at Bama. And look at the mess it spawned for Alabama! Just sayin'! Bama has been there before with the look-the-outher-way syndrome of the coaches. I've seen it! It never ends pretty!
Old 10-24-2011, 06:15 AM   #211
OLS
Suck It

Arkansas??
Old 10-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #212
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post

Arkansas??
Eh...Arkansas, Oklahoma State, it's all the same.

Oh, and... it's on.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:14 AM   #213
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Florida didn't lose this weekend, wooo!

Bring on Georgia
Old 10-24-2011, 09:23 AM   #214
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
Florida didn't lose this weekend, wooo!

Bring on Georgia
Yep... it is Florida/Georgia week. I dislike the Dogs all year long. This one week I year that turns into a deep hatred. Bring it!!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 12:40 PM   #215
OLS
Suck It

It really IS ALL THE SAME, Riz. That's what's got me wondering what crawled up the Kid's boutay on a Monday.

But don't be deluded, Kid, it's all the same. Saban is way better than Dubose or Shula, but one way or the other,
something is gonna slip, because he is operating much the same as mr. Les Miles over there in Tuscaloosa. He just
keeps his players in fear, and Miles is more of a player's coach. You can't keep the lid on that tight without a blow,
though. One day it's gonna come. It's the SAME argument I was throwing at Urban Meyer for years around here.
And the FL faithful weren't havin' it. I was calling his players dirty thugs, and I meant it. Yes, I agree that LSU
has had some trouble this year and it is at the coaches discretion if or how long to punish players. So he gets his
players back on board before the Bama game. Can you blame him? Do you think that Jordan Jefferson is feeling like
he is back now and everything is forgiven? Hell no, he barely plays, and then only to tune him up lest Lee go down
in T-town. He is hardly the starting QB again. And all he did was beat the 5hit out of someone at a bar he shouldn't
have been at. It's not like he was on dust or something while he did it.

Lighten up and prepare for the whuppin.

It is INDEED on. Gonna be a tough weekend, though. What to do, what to do.
------------
One thing I can say, this is likely to break all viewership records on CBS next weekend.
Can you IMAGINE the kind of football we are going to witness??? It's scary to even THINK
about how priviledged we are to be able to see something like this.

Last edited by OLS; 10-24-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:59 PM   #216
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Brantley is probable for the UGA game. Hopefully that will give UF the edge over Georgia. Florida ain't so hot but if we can beat UGA and FSU, we'll be 3-0 against our rivals

I'm a glass half full kinda guy
Old 10-24-2011, 07:20 PM   #217
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
It really IS ALL THE SAME, Riz. That's what's got me wondering what crawled up the Kid's boutay on a Monday.

But don't be deluded, Kid, it's all the same. Saban is way better than Dubose or Shula, but one way or the other,
something is gonna slip, because he is operating much the same as mr. Les Miles over there in Tuscaloosa. He just
keeps his players in fear, and Miles is more of a player's coach. You can't keep the lid on that tight without a blow,
though. One day it's gonna come. It's the SAME argument I was throwing at Urban Meyer for years around here.
And the FL faithful weren't havin' it. I was calling his players dirty thugs, and I meant it. Yes, I agree that LSU
has had some trouble this year and it is at the coaches discretion if or how long to punish players. So he gets his
players back on board before the Bama game. Can you blame him? Do you think that Jordan Jefferson is feeling like
he is back now and everything is forgiven? Hell no, he barely plays, and then only to tune him up lest Lee go down
in T-town. He is hardly the starting QB again. And all he did was beat the 5hit out of someone at a bar he shouldn't
have been at. It's not like he was on dust or something while he did it.

It is INDEED on. Gonna be a tough weekend, though. What to do, what to do.
------------
One thing I can say, this is likely to break all viewership records on CBS next weekend.
Can you IMAGINE the kind of football we are going to witness??? It's scary to even THINK
about how priviledged we are to be able to see something like this.

Grrrrrrrr! Bah humbug!!! I don't know how to lighten up

But, I do think Les is setting pretty much the same bad bad example for his players as DuBose and Shula did for Bama, and that such a lenient punishment policy will bite him in the butt sooner, rather than later. And, I agree that it is a problem that exist over a large part of the sport, unfortunately. I also think the NCAA is a complete loss as a policing agency! For example, I think they hurried up their investigation of Cam Newton at Auburn, because they do not want another "Reggie Bush/Heisman" boondoggle!

Hell, I think a lot of things! I agree 100% with you that Saban is much better than our last 2-3-4? coaches!!!! But that would not be difficult, since we have had some real losers in the recent past when it came to the management side and the enforcement side!

My post before was from a small apartment in Mississippi, with nothing much to do, so I had to lash out at someone, and since LSU is next up...... Heck, it's SEC football, so they are definitely in the sights!! But don't worry, Auburn will soon be in the sights!!

However, I'm now at home for a couple of days, and have already taken out my aggressions on a couple of squirrels (for breakfast tomorrow), and a crow (stupid birds are stripping my pecan trees, and waking me up early in the mornings while doing it!!). So, I'm calmed down tonight, and don't need any meds........ Yet. Let's see what my Cardinals do, then it may be a different story!!

Sorry, I had to strip the emoticons out of your post so mine would not overload the system!!! But I do get that you were being non-confrontational. As I was being, but failed to put any smiles in!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #218
ir13
PSHC - T1nyH@

HUpmann
ir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the rough

Sadly I will be pulling for UF this weekend.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:00 AM   #219
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir13 View Post
Sadly I will be pulling for UF this weekend.
It's will be an honor to have you as a fan
Old 10-25-2011, 11:19 AM   #220
ir13
PSHC - T1nyH@

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
It's will be an honor to have you as a fan
Its just so we have a buffer on UGA. That was if we throw up a goose egg on Arkansas we can still beat UF to win the east.