Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-29-2010, 10:24 AM   #161
bigpedunn
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (0)
Montecristo
bigpedunn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pet peeves lets hear em.

Getting kicked out of a place with 20 ashtrays for cig smokers for lighting up a cigar.( It really did happen to me)
bigpedunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:26 AM   #162
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
Cigarette smokers chain smoking in the shop. They buy a pack, sit down, and chain smoke the ****ing thing for an hour, leave their empty package and mess for me to clean up. Granted it's my job to clean up, but most people have the common courtesy of disposing of their own trash and I take care of wiping the table and ashtrays.
Don't sell cigarettes when you are working. See how I solved that for you? When you come on shift, quit selling the products that annoy you when they are consumed in the lounge your employer provides. Remove them at the beginning of your shift. Tell those asking that you don't sell those. Put them back when your shift ends.
If your employer objects to that, you have a couple choices, suck it up, Buttercup, whinge on about it, or get that resume sharpened up for another part time job at a tobacconist that doesn't dig the ciggy smoke.

Wait... nevermind.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:08 AM   #163
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation

8% packet loss.

MCS
Old 05-01-2010, 06:09 AM   #164
Whynot
Living the dream...

First Name: Aaron
Trading: (11)
Cohiba AirForce (Active)
Whynot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Groups of bicyclists that don't ride single file and don't obey the rules of the road. Drives me freaking crazy.

And at least every couple of years, never fails, a car plows through a big group of them and a bunch of people get hurt bad or killed. Then they all say the same thing, we were all single file, obeying traffic rules,blah, blah, blah. Yeah, right. I see what you do every day.

I almost ran over an old man this morning because he tried to come flying across the street from the sidewalk while I was YIELDING, not STOPPING, to merge into oncoming traffic. Dude looks at me like I did something wrong. Uh, when you're on the sidewalk, you yield to moving traffic. Jackazz.
All depends on the situation.
http://www.floridabicycle.org/rules/bikelaw.html
Old 05-01-2010, 08:36 AM   #165
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
Oh I got a good one...how about a certain member on this site that has posted in this thread that always and I mean always uses this --->

ROFLMAO
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #166
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
Oh I got a good one...how about a certain member on this site that has posted in this thread that always and I mean always uses this --->

ROFLMAO
Old 05-01-2010, 08:43 AM   #167
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen910 View Post
People in New England who use the word "Idear"...It's "Idea"...there is no "r" there!
Yeah i get ya, why do they insist on putting an R where there is none, but don't pronounce the ones that are?
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:12 PM   #168
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whynot View Post
But of course.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:42 PM   #169
Whynot
Living the dream...

First Name: Aaron
Trading: (11)
Cohiba AirForce (Active)
Whynot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
But of course.
Sorry, I am a bike rider too, and have seen some real (0) on the road. Of course I am also a big advocate for bikers obeying all traffic laws. The way some behave, it's no wonder drivers hate all bikers.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:27 PM   #170
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Sorry, I am a bike rider too, and have seen some real (0) on the road. Of course I am also a big advocate for bikers obeying all traffic laws. The way some behave, it's no wonder drivers hate all bikers.
Of course bikers should follow traffic laws.... In the end, there are just as many jerk drivers and cyclist. The Earth is covered with idiots, they use all sorts of transportation. Hating all cyclists is like hating all drivers....

Quote:
And at least every couple of years, never fails, a car plows through a big group of them and a bunch of people get hurt bad or killed. Then they all say the same thing, we were all single file, obeying traffic rules,blah, blah, blah. Yeah, right. I see what you do every day.
I find it hard to believe that a driver who plows through a group of cyclists wasn't the one breaking traffic laws.... Guess it could happen, I just can't picture the situation....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:51 PM   #171
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Of course bikers should follow traffic laws.... In the end, there are just as many jerk drivers and cyclist. The Earth is covered with idiots, they use all sorts of transportation. Hating all cyclists is like hating all drivers....

QFT.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:45 AM   #172
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I could tell from your post that you ride and I'm glad to hear that you are one that follows the laws. Not doing so puts everyone at danger, and that's my peeve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Let me be clear about this, I said nothing about hating all cyclists. So if you're trying to take my post there, don't, you're wasting your time. I'm with you on the idiot factor.

Quote:
I find it hard to believe that a driver who plows through a group of cyclists wasn't the one breaking traffic laws.... Guess it could happen, I just can't picture the situation....
It's quite a sight to see about 40 of them trying to make the light. Trust me, in this area, nothing on the road surprises me.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:12 AM   #173
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

a flaccid handshake.
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:29 AM   #174
STEVE S
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (1)
STEVE S is on a distinguished road

People who are already bad drivers, trying to window shop and talk on their cell phones at the same time.
STEVE S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:40 AM   #175
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Telephones in general and cell phones in particular. I didn't even have a land-line until I got married. It's a machine that demands your immediate attention no matter what you're doing, and people only call you when they want something. I've known people to get out of the shower to answer the damned phone. I friggin' hate 'em!
Old 07-28-2010, 07:11 AM   #176
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

When driving in the left lane on the interstate, I want to smack the driver in front of me that slows down to allow a semi wanting to go 1mph faster than the 4 semis in front of him because he has his turn signal on.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:50 AM   #177
MrsSledn
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Cathy
Trading: (0)
MrsSledn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
When driving in the left lane on the interstate, I want to smack the driver in front of me that slows down to allow a semi wanting to go 1mph faster than the 4 semis in front of him because he has his turn signal on.
Yeap! Me too! Just because they are bigger, doesn't mean they own the road or have the right away.
MrsSledn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:10 AM   #178
BC-Axeman

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop
Yeap! Me too! Just because they are bigger, doesn't mean they own the road or have the right away.
You would not think that way if you have driven those big trucks. You can always just punch it after he's done and get back to where you would have been.

People who pass you and cut you off and then slow down in front of you... now there is a good use for a device that fries the electronics of whatever you aim it at.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:55 AM   #179
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68TriShield View Post
a flaccid handshake.
this.

And the word flaccid.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:27 PM   #180
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation

People who bury their cigars rather than get a cooler.

MCS