Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2012, 12:57 AM   #1
TanithT
Herfer Grrrrl

First Name: Tanith
Trading: (26)
HdM
TanithT will become famous soon enoughTanithT will become famous soon enough
Default My Cuban Wheel review

I was one of the lucky winners in the My Cuban Wheel giveaway, and got a lovely box which can be seen here: http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/k...heel%20Cigars/

Tasty sticks, these. Impeccable construction, nice draw, even burn. Slightly flaky ash, but that didn't detract from the taste one bit.

I'd characterize the No. 1 as light progressing to medium bodied, smooth, elegant, well structured, with hints of woodsiness, creaminess and caramel sweetness. I am not normally a fan of lighter cigars, but this one won me over with its clean structure of fine flavors and its lingering, thoroughly enjoyable finish.

The No. 11 was medium bodied progressing to full, with a lot of similarity in flavor and structure to the No. 1, but with more richness and power and less sweetness. Clean, elegant and well structured, with a consistently enjoyable progression of subtle flavor.

These cigars are not powerhouses, nor do they have clearly and readily identifiable flavor notes that come out and hit you in the face with chocolate or pepper or spice. What they do have is elegance and superb flavor balance. I'm giving this brand a solid thumbs-up; there is a lot of subtle complexity and quality here, and the construction is excellent. These are really very nice cigars, and I'm looking forward to trying more of them.