Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 04-01-2013, 08:27 AM   #521
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all
Default Re: Walking Dead Season 3

Carl is the new ADB.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #522
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
Carl is the new ADB.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #523
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

I can't imagine the Gov is going to have anyone to rally behind him now. As soon as the town knows what he did, he'll be on the run.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #524
fairladyz33
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Paul
Trading: (0)
fairladyz33 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I am entering the season premiere contest. If they do not kill the Guv Sunday, my walk on will do an unscheduled assassination in the next season opener.
This! I try not to hold the TV series to the same standards as the book since it's clearly only loosely based on them. That being said, they really dropped the ball with Andrea's character. In the books she's the team sharp shooter and a vital part of the group. IMHO this last season was the worst so far. The build up of of the governor vs rick/prison group vs woodberry group ended in such an anti-climactic fashion. Not to mention the brutal amount of commercials, it felt like the show was getting in the way of a 1 hour ad block lol. Couple that with the short seasons, wait for months, mid season wait for months then short season finale. I think I'm done with the series unfortunately.
fairladyz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #525
macsauce13
Have My Own Room

First Name: McKenzie
Trading: (38)
macsauce13 has a spectacular aura aboutmacsauce13 has a spectacular aura about

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/35031099.jpg

macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #526
ky70
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Ken
ky70 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
From a tactical perspective, I am with Carl, I would have shot that kid too. He was told to "drop" the weapon more than once. He doesn't drop it, advances, and makes a gesture like he is going to "hand it over"? Takes a fraction of a second from that position to raise and fire...Carl did the right thing.
I agreed with Carl's big picture analysis of why he did it, but I don't agree that "Carl did the right thing" due to being in danger. Carl and Herschel had the drop on the young man who looked to be afraid for his life (though he was longer to comply than needed). But since the stranger did not make an aggressive move, I disagree that Carl needed to shoot him based on immediate danger.
ky70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #527
SNKBYT
PATRIOT and VETERAN

First Name: Alex
Trading: (30)
Partagas Army (Disabled Vet)
SNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to all

Quote:
From a tactical perspective, I am with Carl, I would have shot that kid too. He was told to "drop" the weapon more than once. He doesn't drop it, advances, and makes a gesture like he is going to "hand it over"? Takes a fraction of a second from that position to raise and fire...Carl did the right thing.
agreed.....only would have took a second to turn that shotgun forward and shoot

as for the gov......I suggest he try some meds
Old 04-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #528
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky70 View Post
But since the stranger did not make an aggressive move, I disagree that Carl needed to shoot him based on immediate danger.
Carl's formative years are being shaped right now, his reality is quite stark. Lack of empathy for mankind.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #529
lester cheeze
leisure seizure

First Name: Doc
lester cheeze is on a distinguished road

Carl maybe did'nt have to kill that kid. But he is right, Ricks a F**kup.
I'm Glad Andrea is dead, she was an idiot PICK UP THE PLIERS! even Nerdy McGeekerson had to tell her to shut up and move it.
LOVE this show but someone in the beginning of this thread told it true when they said the group was making bad decisions from the start.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #530
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Enjoyable finale! Glad they kept the Gov around, he's a great villain

Lookin' forward to October and Season 4
Old 04-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #531
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lester cheeze View Post
someone in the beginning of this thread told it true when they said the group was making bad decisions from the start.
Wouldn't be as much fun if they made the correct decisions, I don't reckon.

By the end of the epi, both the Gov and Carl appear to have the same philosophy. Maybe Carl was influenced more by Shane than his Dad.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #532
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
I agreed with Carl's big picture analysis of why he did it, but I don't agree that "Carl did the right thing" due to being in danger. Carl and Herschel had the drop on the young man who looked to be afraid for his life (though he was longer to comply than needed). But since the stranger did not make an aggressive move, I disagree that Carl needed to shoot him based on immediate danger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snkbyt View Post
agreed.....only would have took a second to turn that shotgun forward and shoot
I go through real time training scenarios with simunition several times a year. I stand by my statement that a fraction of a second is all it takes to raise and fire a shotgun. If I tell you to drop it twice and it is still in your hand, you are going to get shot...and it will be a good shoot in the eyes of the law.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #533
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

Quote:
If I tell you to drop it twice and it is still in your hand, you are going to get shot...and it will be a good shoot in the eyes of the law.
I wouldn't expect any less.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #534
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

First Name: B
Trading: (5)
SP CoastGuard (Active)
BHalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutBHalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Yep. Same with the guy with the AK47 pointed at the Gov. If I saw someone shooting down People like that, Lights out mother ****er.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macsauce13 View Post
Broken link bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lester cheeze View Post
I'm Glad Andrea is dead, she was an idiot PICK UP THE PLIERS! even Nerdy McGeekerson had to tell her to shut up and move it.
I wanted Andrea dead at the start of the season. I've always hated her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
Maybe Carl was influenced more by Shane than his Dad.
That's what I was thinking. Shane would've said drop it twice, and then dropped him.
BHalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #535
ky70
Still Watching My Back

Quote:
I go through real time training scenarios with simunition several times a year. I stand by my statement that a fraction of a second is all it takes to raise and fire a shotgun. If I tell you to drop it twice and it is still in your hand, you are going to get shot...and it will be a good shoot in the eyes of the law.
Considering the guy's hand was not on the trigger (I could be recalling this wrong), I still disagree that Carl had to do it because they were in danger. I don't disagree with anything Carl said to Rick though.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #536
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Considering the guy's hand was not on the trigger (I could be recalling this wrong), I still disagree that Carl had to do it because they were in danger. I don't disagree with anything Carl said to Rick though.
We can agree to disagree. All training and case law I have been exposed to point to it being a good shoot.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:29 AM   #537
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I agree. This is not the campus of Ohio State University during present day. This is the
Zombie Apocalypse. You don't apply the same standards, you do not take near the same
5HI+ off of people, you are ordered to drop a gun by a person holding a gun, you either
comply or shoot first. He did neither. I have yet to SEE the episode in question though,
lol. I will agree later, too, I imagine.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #538
Bondo 287
Runaway Train

First Name: Mikael
Cohiba
Bondo 287 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I agree. This is not the campus of Ohio State University during present day. This is the
Zombie Apocalypse. You don't apply the same standards, you do not take near the same
5HI+ off of people, you are ordered to drop a gun by a person holding a gun, you either
comply or shoot first. He did neither. I have yet to SEE the episode in question though,
lol. I will agree later, too, I imagine.
Agreed. In that (lawless apocalyptic ) scenario, if I say DROP IT and I get a "stall tactic" I am immediately suspicious. Is there a partner of his, in the woods and this guy is buying time to keep me occupied while his buddy sights me in to pick me off ? Is there a Zombie coming up behind me? This is the reason while the Gov is still alive in the first place ( see the 14 or so failed opportunities to kill him in my post from the other week ) Gov has actually been in crosshairs 3 separate times. If I had the gun on that guy, and told him to drop it, we don't play the " count to three" game. No thirty seconds of Jeopardy Music while you make a decision . Drop or Die. It's easy ! Especially when I am the guy with the gun. Lil Buckaroo did the right thing.
About time.
Bondo 287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #539
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Considering it was pretty much contact distance and many teenagers reflex speed, better safe than sorry, considering da Zomboid Pocolypth and all dat.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #540
ky70
Still Watching My Back

Carl's action makes or a great debate, but I think the writers intended for the audience to view Carl's action as "wrong". I say that because of Herschel's perspective on what took place that he shared with Ric.