Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 09-19-2023, 04:48 PM   #3481
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Yup, most of it sits on the shelf around here too.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 05:17 PM   #3482
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

The guy at the gas station said a manager ordered them a year ago. None have sold. Not the type of place or location for higher end stuff. I’ll pass then. Thanks guys.
Old 09-19-2023, 07:43 PM   #3483
MaytagMan
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Bill
Trading: (1)
VR
MaytagMan will become famous soon enough

Happy Birthday!
Old 09-19-2023, 08:44 PM   #3484
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaytagMan View Post
Happy Birthday!
It’s still a few days away.
Old 09-20-2023, 12:20 PM   #3485
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
The guy at the gas station said a manager ordered them a year ago. None have sold. Not the type of place or location for higher end stuff. I’ll pass then. Thanks guys.
A friends wife bought him the "confiscated" bourbon, I think it was around $150. He would send it out blind to people to prove how meh they are, he did it to me one time and I thought it tasted like a buffalo trace single barrel pick, I wouldn't pay more than $30
Old 09-21-2023, 08:15 AM   #3486
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

But I'd pay $69 for this one all day....

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 09-22-2023, 10:25 AM   #3487
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

It’s a Bourbon Friday! Had a couple small pours of Larceny BP (C922 & B523). Now onto Larceny SB. Now I really understand when reviews when they say it tastes thin. It’s good, but not as robust.
Old 09-22-2023, 11:22 AM   #3488
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

Great start to the day Bob!
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 11:36 AM   #3489
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jledou View Post
Great start to the day Bob!
Thanks! After the Larceny SB was a pour of 1792 SiB. Whew!
Old 09-22-2023, 01:29 PM   #3490
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Anyone here in the Ohio/KY/MO area that can ship me a bottle of RD1 Amburana? Should be $60-$70

hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 02:27 PM   #3491
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Nice day indeed, Bob.

I got a couple full proof single barrel picks from a downtown Chicago liquor store. Very excited to try both.

Old 09-22-2023, 07:05 PM   #3492
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Nice, Tom. I can't remember the last time I've seen any Weller or Stagg around here.

I picked up an Elijah Craig SB B523 today.
Old 09-25-2023, 08:23 AM   #3493
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
Nice, Tom. I can't remember the last time I've seen any Weller or Stagg around here.

I picked up an Elijah Craig SB B523 today.
Nice, James.

I'm still looking for the C923, sounds like it might be a ripper.

Old 09-25-2023, 08:24 AM   #3494
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Cracked a couple new bottles this weekend, the 2019 Maker's Mark Private Selection and Stagg batch 22A.

The Maker's is definitely the best on the 3 Private Selections ('19, '20 & '21), and I'll drink this bottle a little more judiciously.

The Stagg 22A is super hot, and I'm big on high proof bourbons. I'm hoping a little time opern will tame this just a tad.

Old 09-26-2023, 02:04 PM   #3495
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Dang, thought I might’ve had a nice score of WhistlePig 10yr SB Rye. Local supermarket had bottles in the clearance rack. Alas, still regular price. They’re just not carrying it in the store any longer.
Old 09-26-2023, 04:46 PM   #3496
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Did manage to find a 375ml of High West American Prairie. Not cask strength. Still delicious. I think, and that’s a hard thing to remember, this was the pour my chef friend (RIP Jason) bought me a number of years back. He was running the kitchen at a very popular spot in Detroit that I stopped at before a concert. The whole evening was fantastic.
Old 09-27-2023, 09:06 AM   #3497
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Lucked into the new ECBP at a store I hit every couple of months (that's going to change, lol).

13 years 7 months age at 133 proof. Should be right up my alley.

Old 09-27-2023, 09:24 AM   #3498
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Quote:
Did manage to find a 375ml of High West American Prairie. Not cask strength. Still delicious. I think, and that’s a hard thing to remember, this was the pour my chef friend (RIP Jason) bought me a number of years back. He was running the kitchen at a very popular spot in Detroit that I stopped at before a concert. The whole evening was fantastic.
High West is an interesting one, their blends used to include a heavy portion of teenage MGP rye (I think up to 17 year old components) but slowly started incorporating more of their own distillate as it came of age, and I think now most of what they're putting out is distilled by them. I have a couple older bottles that are fun but not my favorite style of rye. I have tried their BouRye releases but don't think I've had their bourbon, did a quick search and American Prairie looks like it's 2+ years old, that could include some older stuff but I'd guess it's still a pretty young average age

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Lucked into the new ECBP at a store I hit every couple of months (that's going to change, lol).

13 years 7 months age at 133 proof. Should be right up my alley.

Nice grabs! People have been asking for it feverously around here, the store owners are telling them to buy more B523 so the distributor will give up the C's. I'd rather overpay and have one shipped in
Old 09-27-2023, 10:09 AM   #3499
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Nice score Tom! Patiently waiting for it to drop around here.

Ben, it definitely tasted young, but not overly so. Had a nice sweetness to it. At $22 for the smaller size, it was worth it to try.
Old 09-27-2023, 11:19 AM   #3500
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

Where are you in MI? I am on the east side and cannot wait for it to drop either. Seems like we are usually a few months behind after release unfortunately.

Quote:
Nice score Tom! Patiently waiting for it to drop around here.

Ben, it definitely tasted young, but not overly so. Had a nice sweetness to it. At $22 for the smaller size, it was worth it to try.