Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 12-13-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
theycallmedan'lboone

Default The people at Auburn really do grow the best dope.

GENE CHIZIK? WTF 5-19 GENE CHIZIK?!?! Rizzle, do you just want me to send you next years 10'er now? GENE CHIZIK!?
Old 12-14-2008, 07:50 AM   #2
TideRoll
It is what it is.

First Name: Tim
Trading: (5)
Partagas
TideRoll is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The people at Auburn really do grow the best d

I hate to even appear to be rubbing salt in a wound. It is probably very apparent to many Auburn fans by now, so I'm not giving any Alabama secrets away when I say problems on the Plains start with one individual. I'm not talking about Nick Saban, though he's not helping. Auburn football will be in a continual state of struggle until Bobby Lowder goes away. That goob and his lackeys are going to get Auburn into accreditation trouble yet, and simply because a guy runs a bank doesn't mean he can run a University or an athletic department.

On the bright side, Chizik is a defensive-minded coach and he is familiar with a lot of the high school coaches in the region.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:17 AM   #3
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

No hang on to them, it gives me something to look forward to next year.

This smells like desperation to me. And TideRoll is telling you the same thing I've told you before regarding Lowder. Throw Jimmy Rane in there too.

You know, it was time for Tubs to go. Not because he was a bad coach, but because it was a bad marriage destined for failure. I can't believe, though, that this is what Lowder had in mind when he dropped the axe. Obviously Chizik had success during his stint on the Plains and in Austin, but I think the situations at Iowa State and Auburn are comparable, except Auburn has enjoyed some measure of success through the years. You see the job he has done at ISU.

Quite honestly, I think you're in trouble. Like him or not, Saban owns the state. Alabama is a very trendy choice for out of state recruits right now as well. The sleeping giant has been awakened. Auburn's past two classes have been weak and this one is turning out to be a disaster. If you want to know what five or six down years of recruiting will get you take a look at Alabama 2002-2007. It's not fun my friend, trust me on that one. I think Lowder thought a big name would come running at the opportunity and badly miscalculated the situation.

Chizik may turn out to be great, time will tell. But ask yourself two questions-
1) If you were an AD hiring a coach and you had two candidates, Tubs and Chizik, who would you hire?
2) Do you think Auburn is better off today than it was?

If you can answer yes to both those without lying, you've got your man.

Roll Tide.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:31 AM   #4
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Oh...minor correction...Ole Miss grows the best dope.

http://www.druglibrary.org/olsen/MEDICAL/george.html

http://the-kinder-side.tripod.com/

Old 12-15-2008, 10:54 AM   #5
SeanGAR
Crotchety Geezer

Trading: (3)
SeanGAR has disabled reputation

As an ISU cyclone I'm glad to see that hacker leave. Seriously. WTF is Auburn thinking .. it isn't as if he has been successful for the cyclones!
Old 12-15-2008, 03:29 PM   #6
TideRoll
It is what it is.

Trading: (5)
Partagas
TideRoll is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanGAR View Post
As an ISU cyclone I'm glad to see that hacker leave. Seriously. WTF is Auburn thinking .. it isn't as if he has been successful for the cyclones!
I think about 75% of the Auburn fan base is asking the same thing, and around 95% of Alabama fans. Under Saban, relentless, extraordinary recruiting is more or less expected and he's not going to be stopped, but Turner Gill was the one guy out there who Alabama fans though might have been able to at least slow him down slightly. The racial charges surrounding this are flat out ugly and not representative of the state or even the high majority of Auburn fans, and I say that as an Alabama fan. The guy was the DC on two teams that went something like 25 or something and zero. He won the assistant coach of the year one of those years. I sincerely hope that and his familiarity with coaches in the region are the reasons he was hired. Not because I wish him or Auburn any success at the expense of Alabama but because I'd like to think that my home state would not have such powerful people who are that idiotic.

The PR beatdown Auburn is taking right now is severe even among their own fan base. If Auburn can't slow down the flood, this is going to set them back five or ten years.

I didn't know you were a Cyclone. One word of advice: get your folks to hire Turner Gill. In an ironic way, this may work out to his advantage: he knows that part of the country, obviously, and I think he is going places.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:36 PM   #7
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about

I was happy with Chizik came to Texas, and happier when he left

good luck
DrDubzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:35 PM   #8
theycallmedan'lboone

Well I understand the man has Auburn history, and SEC history,and if he does anything similar to what he did here in 2004, we're in good shape. I do understand Iowa state isn't high up on the Big 12 Depth chart, but the same could be said of Auburn this year. I think he'll have a lot more talent at Auburn, but I've decided (as I've never played American Football) attitude makes a big difference. Auburn had no Attitude this past year. If we can change that, we'll be better than 5-7. Are we gonna pull a 'bama and go 6-6 one year and then 12-1 the next? Doubt it. He has a lot of doubters. I don't think gill turner didn't get hired because he is black, I think it's because he has a white wife, and nothing pisses me off more than that. Time will tell if the decision was right... Hello Alabama record of coaches since gene Stallings, here we come...
Old 12-15-2008, 10:33 PM   #9
Cenookie
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Claude
Trading: (1)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
Cenookie is on a distinguished road

[/quote]I don't think gill turner didn't get hired because he is black, I think it's because he has a white wife, and nothing pisses me off more than that.

I find it hard to believe that someone would think this way, but to actually post something like this is sad.
Cenookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:43 AM   #10
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar

Quote:
dan'l said:
I don't think gill turner didn't get hired because he is black, I think it's because he has a white wife, and nothing pisses me off more than that.
[quote=Cenookie;121545]
Quote:
I find it hard to believe that someone would think this way, but to actually post something like this is sad.
Cenookie,
I can't believe I'm about to defend an Auburn fan, but such is life. You misread dan'l's post. He isn't saying this is the way he feels about the situation, in fact he adamantly opposes that line of thinking.

What he is saying is Turner Gill is married to a white woman--fact. And he feels that the PTB passed on him because of this--speculation. If speculation is true, dan'l is pissed about it--not pissed that Gill has an interracial marriage.

Take a step back from the keyboard and take a deep breath. Nothing to see here.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:13 PM   #11
theycallmedan'lboone

thanks rizzle, for clearing up/clarifying my mini rant.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:48 PM   #12
Cenookie
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Claude
Trading: (1)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
Cenookie is on a distinguished road

Sorry about that guys, sometimes when you read things your mind twists the meaning of words. After reading the post again I sincerely apologize.
Cenookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:29 AM   #13
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar

No problem brother.

And I'm on the record as saying that is the last time I defend an Auburn fan for this decade. My charity work has been done and now it's back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:22 PM   #14
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
No problem brother.

And I'm on the record as saying that is the last time I defend an Auburn fan for this decade. My charity work has been done and now it's back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Look, rizzle. I'm watching you!!! Don't make me report you to Big Al!!

You've had your moment of weakness we all feel for the down and out. Let's not go all weak-kneed, pants wetting, ash-beating softie!!! Give a dollar or two to the Bell Ringer outside the local Wally-world next time you feel charitable

All kidding aside, I think Chizik will get his wish "to retire at Auburn" I bet his wife already has that $2,000,000 allocated to retirement assets, cause I don't really think it will be that long until his retirement party is scheduled. At best, he's an interim coach until Auburn can find a big name that is available and willing to move to Opelika (it doesn't sound pretty when you put it in those terms, does it?) I kinda figure he will be Auburn's "Mike Dubose". If so, they had better go ahead and get the secretaries started on birth-control pills!! (a little self-slapping Tide humor - better to laugh than to cry, right?)
Old 12-19-2008, 11:03 AM   #15
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar

I'm good Sville. It was just a momentary lapse of reason.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:50 PM   #16
blugill
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andy
Trading: (10)
blugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of light

This hiring has been a real head scratcher for sure. That was a genuine WTF moment in the world of college football.

This fail is about as predictable as the new Tom Cruise movie flop in waiting.
blugill is offline   Reply With Quote