Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 12-16-2011, 05:44 AM   #21
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: DX order arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
Well it looks like the hygrometers are about 5-6 percent off, I wouldn't recommend them. Too bad because they are very small. I guess I am just gonna sace up for a few good ones, I am tired of doing the math to make sure everything is good in my coolers and humi.
Here You Go, Shane!
http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/Pr...d=ACC-CALIBER3
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:46 AM   #22
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
You reccomend these Greg?
Old 12-16-2011, 05:54 AM   #23
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
You reccomend these Greg?
Best Out There From What I've Heard. I Have These, Myself. Have To Change The Battery Every 6 Months & Recalibrate. I Think I Would Try The Western!
Here's Mine:
http://www.cigarmony.com/digitalhygrometers.aspx

I Have The First One .
Old 12-16-2011, 06:04 AM   #24
mkarnold1
Skol Vikings!

First Name: Mark
Trading: (22)
RA Army (Served With Honor)
mkarnold1 will become famous soon enoughmkarnold1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Well it looks like the hygrometers are about 5-6 percent off, I wouldn't recommend them. Too bad because they are very small. I guess I am just gonna sace up for a few good ones, I am tired of doing the math to make sure everything is good in my coolers and humi.
I would give them a little longer, for some reason one of the three that I bought took longer to regulate than the other two, but they all regulated to +/-3%. And for that price +/-5% is pretty good, you could just put a piece of tape on each stating the difference.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:20 AM   #25
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarnold1 View Post
I would give them a little longer, for some reason one of the three that I bought took longer to regulate than the other two, but they all regulated to +/-3%. And for that price +/-5% is pretty good, you could just put a piece of tape on each stating the difference.
I have three of the walmart ones that are 3-5 percent off, I don't want anymore that are non-calibratable and off. I ordered these to give them a shot because they are cheap, I am not upset by them. They are better than they cost, however not good enough for what I want now. I will keep thiem in the humi to see if they improve but they have been in for two days now and are off by a good amount.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #26
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
I have three of the walmart ones that are 3-5 percent off, I don't want anymore that are non-calibratable and off. I ordered these to give them a shot because they are cheap, I am not upset by them. They are better than they cost, however not good enough for what I want now. I will keep thiem in the humi to see if they improve but they have been in for two days now and are off by a good amount.
I'm Super Picky; I Can't Tolerate More Than 1%!
Old 12-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #27
Savor the Stick
~Loves the Lord~

First Name: Kevin, or just K
Trading: (67)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Savor the Stick has disabled reputation

Quote:
Thanks very much for the link.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #28
ApexAZ
Wandering aimlessly

First Name: Brian
Trading: (10)
ApexAZ will become famous soon enoughApexAZ will become famous soon enough

I have a caliber III and it seems to work very well. You can't calibrate it though, which concerns me a little. It is very accurate though. I just can't say if it will stay accurate over time as I've only had it for a little while.
ApexAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #29
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
I'm Super Picky; I Can't Tolerate More Than 1%!
That's the way I FEEL, too, why have a hygrometer if it's 3% off, 5% off how much ever?
I prefer too keep my beads wet and let the ice chests do their thing.

As far as the company we are talking about, I am not as enthused. I ordered a buttload of the
standard model torch, the 1300s, and also a butt ton of novelty lighters for the smokers I know,
Pepsi cup, poker chip, hand of cards, Hello Kitty, the whole lot. I got shorted one Pepsi Cup
lighter, plus they billed the total, then broke the order up into two separate shipments a
week apart, and after another week I have not heard about the last three unshipped items,
3 pairs of cool 3D glasses made like sunglasses, a cheap webcam and some red mini light sabers.
I asked them to just cancel and refund that 20 bucks, but in the end I bet the whole thing
blows up and I end up $20 in the hole. But I got my 1300s. I'll be shipping those out free to
people I like. Not a bad place to go if you can wait forever, which normally I can, but it looks
as if they just ran out of give a shi+ on my last three items and stopped there. We'll see.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #30
Herb Tarlek
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
Herb Tarlek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
As far as the company we are talking about, I am not as enthused. I ordered a buttload of the standard model torch, the 1300s, and also a butt ton of novelty lighters for the smokers I know, Pepsi cup, poker chip, hand of cards, Hello Kitty, the whole lot. I got shorted one Pepsi Cup lighter, plus they billed the total, then broke the order up into two separate shipments a week apart, and after another week I have not heard about the last three unshipped items, 3 pairs of cool 3D glasses made like sunglasses, a cheap webcam and some red mini light sabers. I asked them to just cancel and refund that 20 bucks, but in the end I bet the whole thing blows up and I end up $20 in the hole. But I got my 1300s. I'll be shipping those out free to people I like. Not a bad place to go if you can wait forever, which normally I can, but it looks as if they just ran out of give a shi+ on my last three items and stopped there. We'll see.
I know this is from a month ago, but from what I've heard from people who do a lot of business with them, if you email them and complain about getting shorted product they'll usually make things right. It might take a little persistence, but usually they'll come through.

I think the problem is that they do so much business and have such a poor inventory control/order fulfillment system that things just fall through the cracks (even though they shouldn't). This is especially true around Chinese New Year when people are trying to get orders in before the company shuts down for the week+, and then in the rush to catch up with the backlog that accumulates during the holiday.

I'm not trying to excuse their behavior at all, just trying to give a little explanation. Also, I have some other crap to pick up from there, I might have to throw one or two of the lighters in the OP into my shopping cart.
Herb Tarlek is offline   Reply With Quote