Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Packer fan thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
Thank you Stephen, that's pretty much the rule I was referring too. I hate it when people cut out parts of rules to try to make their point. Shame on you mkarnold1... that's all I can say.
Yeah, no milk and cookies for you.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:35 PM   #302
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

Can we give him a pointy hat?
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:21 AM   #303
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

As a fan of the game, and without a rooting interest in the outcome of this one, that was horrible.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:37 AM   #304
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Yeah, no milk and cookies for you.
Wait...You guys hand out milk and cookies?
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:34 AM   #305
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post
As a fan of the game, and without a rooting interest in the outcome of this one, that was horrible.
I did have a rooting interest in this one, but all I can say is, if any Seahawks fans feel good about this "win", then you have absolutely no b*tch on any calls that go blatantly against you in the future. You may be a Seahawk fan, but your respect for the game is MIA.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:37 AM   #306
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Wait...You guys hand out milk and cookies?
Only to the children.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:17 AM   #307
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

I'd be interested to see if Russell Wilson and Golden Tate are as confident in their interviews this week about the call as they were in post game. At least Pete Carroll seemed to be saying that the call is what the refs say it is, versus the players saying, slightly arrogantly, that it was without a doubt a catch and there was no pass interference. Not that I expect them to come out and say that the play was called wrong, but maybe take a different approach in answering.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:26 AM   #308
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

First Name: Matt
HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

I've heard many commentators predict that, at some point, the replacement refs were going to cost someone a game... This is not, however, the first game in the history of the NFL to be decided by a blown call nor will it be the last. Blatant, yes. Unfortunate, yes. Unfair, maybe. The fact of the matter is, the Packers did not play well and left themselves at the mercy of the blown call.
Mattso3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:42 AM   #309
ChicagoWhiteSox

Sh!t like last night is the reason I'm watching less and less NFL and NBA games. How can you watch a sport with such consistant bad calls? It's really annoying, add that to the general change of how the game is played and called, it's getting hard for me to watch. I feel bad for the Packers and the fans, this coming from a life long Chicago Bears fan..
Old 09-25-2012, 07:45 AM   #310
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
I feel bad for the Packers and the fans, this coming from a lifetime Chicago Bears fan..
X2. With the only change being that I am a life long Vikings fan...
Old 09-25-2012, 07:49 AM   #311
ChicagoWhiteSox

Funny thing about the NFL, they DON'T care! NFL drags in sooo much money, people aren't going to stop watching games. They know that so why should they care about what's going on? It's going to get worse, trust me
Old 09-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #312
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattso3000 View Post
I've heard many commentators predict that, at some point, the replacement refs were going to cost someone a game... This is not, however, the first game in the history of the NFL to be decided by a blown call nor will it be the last. Blatant, yes. Unfortunate, yes. Unfair, maybe. The fact of the matter is, the Packers did not play well and left themselves at the mercy of the blown call.
The Packers played good enough to win, and did in virtually everyone's eyes.

Did the officials officiate well enough to continue to be employed? Virtually everyone also agrees they did not.

Maybe it hasn't cost your team anything yet, but odds are it's going to if the NFL insists on using these replacement officials through the season.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:56 AM   #313
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

First Name: Matt
HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

Didn't mean I don't sympathize. Sure they played well enough to win, but they also played poorly enough to lose. I'd be pissed if it happened to my team and at work last night actually was sympathetic to the many Packers fans I work with instead of rubbing salt in the wound like I would have expected a Vikes fan to do.
Mattso3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #314
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Funneh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 408214_4516881399662_1892823756_n.jpg (106.1 KB, 267 views)
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:07 AM   #315
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
Sh!t like last night is the reason I'm watching less and less NFL and NBA games. How can you watch a sport with such consistant bad calls? It's really annoying, add that to the general change of how the game is played and called, it's getting hard for me to watch. I feel bad for the Packers and the fans, this coming from a life long Chicago Bears fan..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophernut View Post
X2. With the only change being that I am a life long Vikings fan...
You know it's bad when Vikings and Bears fans unite and say that the Packers got hosed. Surely this is a sign of the Apocalypse.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:14 AM   #316
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
You know it's bad when Vikings and Bears fans unite and say that the Packers got hosed. Surely this is a sign of the Apocalypse.
Could have been any team I'm just getting sick and tired of bad calls, it's not like the past 5 years has had the best officials either.. With rule changes, and just stupid refs, I'll get behind any team to rip the league
Old 09-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #317
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

I found this picture online this morning. Best image yet showing Tate never even had his hand on the ball.

This is apparently "Joint Possession" at it's finest. Bad calls happen all the time. This was the most obvious bad call tho, that's why it's getting so much attention.

Check the pic:
http://twitpic.com/ay40m6
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #318
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
I found this picture online this morning. Best image yet showing Tate never even had his hand on the ball.

This is apparently "Joint Possession" at it's finest. Bad calls happen all the time. This was the most obvious bad call tho, that's why it's getting so much attention.

Check the pic:
http://twitpic.com/ay40m6
It's getting much more attention because of the replacement refs. If the regular refs had made the call people still would have been pissed off, but it would have been much less of an incident overall. Just my

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #319
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Up until that td crap at the end, the Seahawks were showing they had some badass game. (...albeit no offense, may they burn in hell for sitting Matt Flynn and going with Russell Wilson.)
Green Bay had just turned things around and made a real contest out of the game.
This was a damned good Monday Night Football game, period.
Then the blown rape call.
Then the blown mugging call in the endzone.
Then the blown td call.
That's 3 huge misses in a row that went against GB, and they cost them the game. All 3 clearly because the refs sucked horribly.
I'm not a guy that ever complains about refs, win or lose, and always say that my team should play better to overcome a bad call, because they are part of the game.
That last drive looked like they were paid, plain and simple. It was so pathetic and so obvious and so unnecessary. It made a mockery of the game, and to my thinking, the high and mighty standing of Goodell and the NFL.
(I watched an interview where Goodell completely dismissed the refs and flat out said they could have a better product on the field in 3 weeks. That was well over a month ago. I wanted to punch his smarmy mouth then, and far more now.)
Rant aside, my point was that the refs ruined what was a damed good Monday Night Game. A hard fought, well coached game that had a good bit of twist and drama. Instead of any talk about how good a game it was, all we talk about is the suck refs.
It's like the NFL has no desire to be anything better than Jerry Springer.
Perhaps they think we're all just that stupid, and that's what we want?
Old 09-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #320
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
It's like the NFL has no desire to be anything better than Jerry Springer.
Perhaps they think we're all just that stupid, and that's what we want?
I think the NFL is so arrogant that they think that no matter what happens, all us sheep will continue to attend games, and watch on TV. As much as it bothers me what is going on with the ref's, will it make me stop watching my team? No. Will it make me watch something else if my team isn't involved? Maybe. What will it take to get this situation fixed? If this isn't impetus enough to get it moving then I don't know what will. Will we still be crabbing about this in the playoffs? I sure hope not.