Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-30-2009, 04:56 PM   #1
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough
Default Cadillac CTS

Does anyone here own one or have driven one? I found a 2005 that I liked that is in my price range and am going Tuesday to test drive and hopefully buy. My parents will be unable to go with me and this is my first time buying a car. Any advice on negotiating?

I will be trading in my 2002 Chrysler Sebring LXI which has just about 100k miles, leather, moon roof, good condition for the age.

The Cadillac has some scratches on the roof, back bumper would it be unreasonable to ask the dealership to buff those out?
Old 05-30-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Cadillac CTS

I have driven the CTS and overall I like it. It is a little too compact for me. I much prefer the STS. The CTS however is a rocket so make sure not to get any tickets :-)
Old 05-30-2009, 05:14 PM   #3
s15driftking
Go Browns!

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about

i just bought a CTS actually.

and its the 3.2 liter version and its 5 speed manual (ehich is an anomily).

If you buy a first gen CTS i would reccomend 3 things.

1. do not buy a base model... make sure you buy the model that has the HIDs called the sport/luxury model (feel free to pm me of any links of cars you are looking to buy, i can tell you what all they come with)

2. replace the Crank angle Sensor if its not already been replaced (should be 130-150 with labor). They tend to go out and will cause the car NOT to start.

3. If its a 3.2 liter make sure they did the timing/idle software update or the motor will have a terribly rough idle.

I love my CTS, i test drove a half dozen different CTS and STS and chose the CTS (even being a bigger guy) because the car handles in a much sportier fashion.

PM me with any that you are considering purchasing and i will tell you what model it is.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:43 PM   #4
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

Here is a link to the car I am going to hopefully get Tuesday.

http://burrittmotors.vinmanagersites...spx?ID=3407958
Old 05-30-2009, 05:45 PM   #5
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
I have driven the CTS and overall I like it. It is a little too compact for me. I much prefer the STS. The CTS however is a rocket so make sure not to get any tickets :-)
I already have two and as soon as I get the car I am getting a radar detector so hopefully that will work.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:11 PM   #6
s15driftking
Go Browns!

Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak View Post
Here is a link to the car I am going to hopefully get Tuesday.

http://burrittmotors.vinmanagersites...spx?ID=3407958
a base model with 55k miles on it should go for more around the 13k ballpark brother. i would do some shopping around. Send me a pm with your zip code and i will get on my slew of sites and find one within a 75 mile radius for ya!.

Are you dead set on black? i was so it was hard for me to find the perfect car, but i did.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:30 PM   #7
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15driftking View Post
a base model with 55k miles on it should go for more around the 13k ballpark brother. i would do some shopping around. Send me a pm with your zip code and i will get on my slew of sites and find one within a 75 mile radius for ya!.

Are you dead set on black? i was so it was hard for me to find the perfect car, but i did.
Actually the price listed is wrong, they lowered it to the 13,8 range. I really want it in black. I think it would look awesome with some chrome rims and black tint.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:23 PM   #8
BengalMan
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ian
Trading: (10)
Cohiba
BengalMan will become famous soon enoughBengalMan will become famous soon enough

Black tint will cost you $250 tops from a good tinter. Don't worry about making window tint a deal breaker.
BengalMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:08 AM   #9
s15driftking
Go Browns!

Partagas

exactly, i know people who tint for like 130.00. i wish you lived closer.

Also, i TOTALLY understadn that you want black, pm me your zip and i will find you one like mine. I have a black on black (dark grey) CTS Sport/lux... it's got HID's, memory seats, headlight washers, stiffer suspension, 17 inch wheels, wood accents, yadda yadda. it just looks all around better IMO.

dont get chrome wheels though, people will mistake you for a hoodrat (caddi+chrome = stereotype) unless you spend 3k on a nice set of modular wheels. I just bought some 19 inch wheels for my CTS and they are going to be powdercoated black to match the exterior color and the tint.

this = ghetto (IMHO)

this = cool (IMHO)
Old 05-31-2009, 03:27 PM   #10
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

RA

Im not a fan of black rims on black cars. I like the look of chrome, but the ones on that silver one look like crap. I would probably go with 17s or 18s down the road after I get a good chunk of the car paid off.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:32 PM   #11
St. Lou Stu
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tim
Trading: (21)
HdM
St. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the rough

The CTS is a nice ride..... as far as buffing out the scratches... you bet!

Ask them to as if the sale depends upon it... nowadays, used cars are the ONLY thing they are making any money on and getting those scratches buffed out is a trivial task.
Chances are, they will probably have a porter that makes less than $10/hr. do it... and he'll be there on the clock regardless.

Pretending to play golf since 1989
St. Lou Stu is offline   Reply With Quote