Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 04-06-2020, 05:15 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default EricF MAW - 6/15/2011

OK, I am not sure what this cigar is. No clue... If Eric happens to see this, maybe he'll remember.

It is 5X54(?)

Here is a pic of the cellophane from it, love the look of age in the brown coloring.

Yes, enjoying it with one bourbon and one beer.

Here is a review.

EricF MAW 6/15/11
No name – 5X54?

1) Aesthetics: Silky smooth EMS wrapper, nice looking stick.

2) Pre-light Construction: A very firm, heavy stick. Smell of barnyard, but this is not a Cuban.

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: Draw on this is almost too easy, but nice. A white, flaky ash doesn’t hang very long, but it burns cool and even.

4) Flavor and strength: Coffee, earth, and coffee seem to dominate – and it has been rather one-dimensional. You can tell there Were some rather distinct flavors when this was younger, but with almost 9 years of age on it, they a much subdued. It may be on the medium side, but it is so smooth to smoke that it is difficult to tell. It has hints of being a Honduran blend, but possibly a milder Nicaraguan. Could it be a Island Smoke Shop stick for a bundle, not the box? I am revising to think it could be…

5) Aftertaste/Finish: This finishes with coffee and earth, lingering lightly and fading quickly.

6) Aroma: Being a bit breezy, I do not get the full aroma, but what I do is nicely punctuated with hints of white pepper and coffee.

7) General Comments: Well, I am sure that I will never again have one of these given that I di not even know what it is or where to look for it. But it is one I wouldn’t mind trying, it is very tasty. Maybe I waited a bit too long? NO! It is so smooth and tasty.

8) Recommendation: Surely!

Last edited by icehog3; 04-07-2020 at 10:23 AM.
RevSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 05:35 PM   #2
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation
Default Re: EricF MAW - 6/15/2011

Rookie move leaving your address in a photo, Todd. C'mon man!
Old 04-06-2020, 05:44 PM   #3
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post
Rookie move leaving your address in a photo, Todd. C'mon man!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:33 PM   #4
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Eric
Trading: (116)
RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold

Todd, As I stare at this the only thing that comes to mind is an OR Little Boris that was made by Tatuaje for Corona CIgar in Orlando.

But then again, I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning!

Glad you enjoyed it!
Old 04-07-2020, 09:06 AM   #5
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricF View Post
Todd, As I stare at this the only thing that comes to mind is an OR Little Boris that was made by Tatuaje for Corona CIgar in Orlando.

But then again, I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning!

Glad you enjoyed it!
OK, but was the ring gauge anywhere near a 54 on that? If this was not a 5X54, it was 5X52 or 5X56.