Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 03-08-2020, 12:30 PM   #1
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
20886432 is on a distinguished road
Question Does anyone know how to calibrate a Calibur III?

I can't find the manual for it online I can only find the Calibur IV manual. I want to reset the Calibur III's settings and then put it in its calibration bag but I don't know how to do that (the Calibur III and Calibur IV seem to be a tad different even though they look alike). and once I find out how off it is I need to know how to increase the humidity% bassed on how wrong it is.
20886432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 12:38 PM   #2
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation
Default Re: Does anyone know how to calibrate a Calibur III?

In a quick google search, I found several sites that claim the Calibur III to not have a calibration ability. Several people recommended using Boveda bags. I have a setup that also doesn't have calibration. What I do is compare it to a calibrated source (like a boveda bag) and then write the + or - on the device (white athletic tape and a sharpie works great). That's work well for me for over 10 years.
Old 03-08-2020, 12:43 PM   #3
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation
Default Re: Does anyone know how to calibrate a Calibur III?

The Calliber III can't be calibrated. They say not to, but I always have without any issues, but you can use the salt method to test the hygro. Take a 2 or 3 liter bottle cap, fill with salt and water just enough to make a paste. That is a 75% solution. Put that and the hygro in a bag and after 8-12 hours, it should read 75%. If not, you can see how far off it might be. Or you can do the same with a boveda pack.

Welcome to the Asylum.
NCRadioMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 03:53 PM   #4
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
20886432 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Does anyone know how to calibrate a Calibur III?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
The Calliber III can't be calibrated. They say not to, but I always have without any issues, but you can use the salt method to test the hygro. Take a 2 or 3 liter bottle cap, fill with salt and water just enough to make a paste. That is a 75% solution. Put that and the hygro in a bag and after 8-12 hours, it should read 75%. If not, you can see how far off it might be. Or you can do the same with a boveda pack.

Welcome to the Asylum.
Thanks, man... I just ordered a Calibur IV I hear the Calibur's are the best because they are +/- 1% humidity I haven't seen any more accurate than that.
20886432 is offline   Reply With Quote