Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-04-2020, 06:34 PM   #1
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation
Default Aganorsa Supreme Leaf

Supreme Leaf is a “Corojo ’99 dominant blend” that will come in one size only when it launches at the trade show in late-January of 2020.

A 5x52 box-pressed robusto, the new Supreme Leaf sports a dark, Nicaraguan Corojo ’99 wrapper with binder and filler also from Nicaragua. All of the tobacco in the new cigar was grown by Aganorsa.

Brightly colored boxes and bands stand out on the shelf. We just got in a couple of the initial boxes so I had to try one. Wrapper is a smooth, oily chocolate brown with no veins and it has a closed foot. Construction is second to none. Dry draw is a touch sweet. Surprising.

This Nica puro is what you would expect. Spicy but with a sweetness to balance it out. Not very complex but a very nice flavor the whole way through and definitely full-bodied in flavor and strength. I know, not an in depth review but this is what it was. Straight forward. I honestly expected a bit more.

I probably should have waited a few days for them to get acclimated to the humidor after shipping. I think they will improve. I also look forward to see what time does to it. We shall see.
NCRadioMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:55 PM   #2
Tio Gato
Uncle Kitty

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Tio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really nice
Default Re: Aganorsa Supreme Leaf

Thank for the review. I imagine they will be amazing with a long nap. They sure look Nice!
Enjoy!
Old 03-04-2020, 07:10 PM   #3
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

It's been a while since I had a corojo but recall they were quite tasty. Hope you enjoy the next one even more.
Old 03-05-2020, 03:30 AM   #4
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Great Review, Greg!. I Love The Arganosa Leaf. I'll Pick Some Out Soon To Try.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 06:19 AM   #5
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Tried one of these last week. I thought it was pretty mediocre. I was expecting more because I love the Aganorsa leaf.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 07:01 AM   #6
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

I have a box on the way!
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 07:26 PM   #7
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (5)
RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough

Great review NC!! I'd also be curious to see how they'd perform after a long humi rest.

Btw I've been looking for these, somehow looks like most places are sold out for now anyone know where there are some boxes in stock?
gomeitsmybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 06:19 AM   #8
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday View Post
Great review NC!! I'd also be curious to see how they'd perform after a long humi rest.

Btw I've been looking for these, somehow looks like most places are sold out for now anyone know where there are some boxes in stock?
It was a short run of only 500 boxes. I was watching for them after Halfwheel announced them shipping.
Old 03-06-2020, 06:21 AM   #9
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

It looks like Fincks still has some
http://www.finckcigarcompany.com/pro...-supreme-leaf/
Old 03-06-2020, 07:09 AM   #10
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (5)
RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Aganorsa Supreme Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
It looks like Fincks still has some
http://www.finckcigarcompany.com/pro...-supreme-leaf/
Awesome!! Thanks for that Chip
gomeitsmybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 02:12 AM   #11
samlrs
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
samlrs is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Supreme Leaf is a “Corojo ’99 dominant blend” that will come in one size only when it launches at the trade show in late-January of 2020.

A 5x52 box-pressed robusto, the new Supreme Leaf sports a dark, Nicaraguan Corojo ’99 wrapper with binder and filler also from Nicaragua. All of the tobacco in the new cigar was grown by Aganorsa.

Brightly colored boxes and bands stand out on the shelf. We just got in a couple of the initial boxes so I had to try one. Wrapper is a smooth, oily chocolate brown with no veins and it has a closed foot. Construction is second to none. Dry draw is a touch sweet. Surprising.

This Nica puro is what you would expect. Spicy but with a sweetness to balance it out. Not very complex but a very nice flavor the whole way through and definitely full-bodied in flavor and strength. I know, not an in depth review but this is what it was. Straight forward. I honestly expected a bit more.

I probably should have waited a few days for them to get acclimated to the humidor after shipping. I think they will improve. I also look forward to see what time does to it. We shall see.
Just recently saw these in a store nearby and though to give them a try
tastes really good and burning time is excellent
Definitely a good choice but a bit too expensive for my pocket
samlrs is offline   Reply With Quote