Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-14-2020, 01:14 PM   #1
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation
Default Viaje Ghost Pepper

Another gifted cigar from Weelok.

Love the presentation on the smallish figurado. The top half is covered in red foil with the Ghost Pepper band. The dark brown wrapper of the cigar is a great contrast of colors.

This cigar is very well made and the dry draw is free as a straw and that's not all that common with figurados because of the small nipple foot. Upon lighting, there is a surprising sweet, creaminess with some pepper spice in the background. This cigar, to me, is fairly one dimensional, However, that is not necessarily a bad thing. The pepper kicks up a little above the sweetness as the cigar is smoked. But the creaminess is still there. A nice pepper-cream. Full bodied, medium strength that has a medium finish is how I would describe it.

Reminds me of a, well rested, Pepin Blue Label. I like it, very much!

Thanks again, Dave!
NCRadioMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:41 PM   #2
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Viaje Ghost Pepper

Glad you enjoyed it!! They normally come with a foil pig tail but they were causing some wrapper damage to adjacent cigars so the little tail went bye bye.

I really enjoy this batch of Ghost Pepper cigars a LOT more then the previous batch. This is the third generation you received and just as good as first generation.

I’m not sure I would buy more with so many good cigars out there but these fit a need for a short duration full flavor cigar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
Another gifted cigar from Weelok.

Love the presentation on the smallish figurado. The top half is covered in red foil with the Ghost Pepper band. The dark brown wrapper of the cigar is a great contrast of colors.

This cigar is very well made and the dry draw is free as a straw and that's not all that common with figurados because of the small nipple foot. Upon lighting, there is a surprising sweet, creaminess with some pepper spice in the background. This cigar, to me, is fairly one dimensional, However, that is not necessarily a bad thing. The pepper kicks up a little above the sweetness as the cigar is smoked. But the creaminess is still there. A nice pepper-cream. Full bodied, medium strength that has a medium finish is how I would describe it.

Reminds me of a, well rested, Pepin Blue Label. I like it, very much!

Thanks again, Dave!
Old 02-14-2020, 06:47 PM   #3
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

RA

The box arrived April 2017 and you can see it in the NC Recent Purchase thread. Photobucket is displaying pictures again apparently hah.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:24 PM   #4
The camaro show
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Chayse
Trading: (1)
VR
The camaro show will become famous soon enough

Dave how does it compare to the jalapeño? I have a jalapeño In the humi and now the ghost pepper you sent. Sounds like a great smoke!
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 01:23 AM   #5
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The camaro show View Post
Dave how does it compare to the jalapeño? I have a jalapeño In the humi and now the ghost pepper you sent. Sounds like a great smoke!
I think they are pretty similar but I would give the edge to the Jalepeno especially original release Jalapeño.

These Ghost Peppers I did a better job on preserving the flavor of these ghost peppers by keeping them in a zip lock bag in the humidor so they don’t have any air exchange otherwise they don’t age well in my opinion.

I recommend smoking the Ghost Peppers soon but the Jalepenos hold up well.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:23 AM   #6
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The camaro show View Post
I Really Like The Ghost Pepper. Haven't Tried The Jalapeño, Chayse. I Didn't Think It Was As Strong & Spicy As I Expected. More Smooth & Spicy Sweet.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:21 AM   #7
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Enjoying your reviews, Greg, thanks!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote