Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 08-22-2010, 08:04 PM   #21
troutbreath
Feeling at Home

First Name: Mike
Trading: (0)
troutbreath is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Have You Heard of Repuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunng View Post
DWCR has talked about it in the past...
I heard that episode. It sounded interesting, but even after the interview I have no idea how the stuff works. Voodoo, maybe.
troutbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:22 AM   #22
clintgeek

Nub Theory?
Old 09-25-2010, 09:41 AM   #23
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintgeek View Post
Nub Theory?
The marketing claims on how The Nub by Oliva is capturing only the middle 2" or so of a larger cigar and how it starts right at that "sweet spot" and stays there until the end.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:46 AM   #24
whodeeni

Talking Re: Have You Heard of Repuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
My buddy is a fierce cigarette smoker with adhd. He was visiting once and I was griping about having to let my cigar go out, cause they taste like crap when I go to relight them later.
He told me to blow all the smoke out of it. He said he did it all the time when he couldn't finish a cigarette and had to put out out.
I now make it habit to blow all the smoke out, or "purge" my cigar every time I set it down, just in case it goes out. I do it when I know i have to walk away from it, too.
It honestly works. I've saved many a good cigar that would have been wasted.
Try it. It even works when the humidity is all high and nasty.
It truly amazed the sh1t out of me.
I learned this from Scott and it really works....

Save your money brotha's! (Unless it's a gift of course!)
Old 09-25-2010, 12:05 PM   #25
Stinky
Join CigarRights.org NOW!

First Name: Stinky
Trading: (1)
Punch
Stinky will become famous soon enoughStinky will become famous soon enough

Regarding Repuff:

We know the guy who invented it because he lives here in Las Vegas and he's just another cigar-nut like me (and the rest of yous). He's a good guy. . . albeit a little kookie or quirky.

Like it or not . . . believe it or not . . . it works.

EVERYBODY I've seen try it says the same thing: "I'll be damned! It works!"

I watched people at the IPCPR (convention) try it after treating their cigar the day before. They all said [approximately] the same thing. ". . . it works . . . " and, the REPUFF booth was very busy! He did a great job of marketing and presentation!

No, I haven't tried it. Not that I wouldn't . . . I just don't run into the situation where I need to save a good cigar. I usually don't smoke unless I have time to finish. And, when the rare occasion comes up where I have to "bolt" away for some urgent need. . . I don't (or wouldn't) have the 5 minutes it takes to retrieve the REPUFF, prep the cigar, apply the solution, wrap the cigar and place it in a storage sleeve.

Do I see the need for this product?

Yes. I can understand that some people want to smoke half of their cigar and finish another day. However, in my humble opinion. . . it's a damn small percentage of cigar smokers!

Is REPUFF safe?

Come on, you putzers! You're smoking tobacco every day! A little cactus & fruit juice ain't diddly! . . . go hug a tree and give up tobacco! Do you hear yourself? sscheese!

Would I or will I try it?

Yes. I have a sample here in my office. And, some day when I have the time to prep and apply REPUFF to a cigar I have to quit smoking. . . I'll give it a go! But, I already know it works. So, I have nothing to prove.

Do I think REPUFF will catch on? . . . or sell?

No. The whole concept of re-lighting a cigar is contrary to cigar tradition & customs. Most cigar smokers I know, resist the idea. Most cigar smokers I know, claim they don't ever (or rarely) need to re-light. The product is a pain in the ass to use! If you drip the solution on yourself, it stains! The use (application) takes about 5-minutes.

Does it work?

Yes.

Is it safe?

Yes. (IMHO)

Would I buy it?

Maybe if it was $0.50 . . . 'maybe' . . . but I'm a gadget guy. I also have a number of other cigar-gadgets I just don't use.

Promoting the Enjoyment of Fine Cigars!
Stinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:39 AM   #26
coronalogan

I tried it on a Liga Privada no.9 double Corona. Followed the directions to perfection. The fluid is a dark green color that stains the ash of your cigar. You are supposed to puff a few times after applying in order to pull the solution back into the cigar a bit to preserve it. Heres my Review:

DOES NOT WORK!
the repuff solution made the cigar taste awful after I came back to later. It had a burnt charred taste to it, worst than it would if I would have not used the solution. I'm all about trying to save a smoke, but I'd rather light up another before I tried this again.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:53 AM   #27
mmblz

Trading: (3)
Partagas
mmblz has disabled reputation

every time i see this thread title i think it's going to be a clever joke
Old 09-29-2010, 12:09 PM   #28
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmblz View Post
I think you hit the nail on the head...

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:37 PM   #29
DGK

HAHA... the question that came to my mind is... is "used in proportions suitable for human consumption" the same as "safe for human consumption"
Old 09-29-2010, 02:33 PM   #30
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmblz View Post
Me too. Like the old place went into internet foreclosure due to shady dealings or something and is now back on the market.

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:47 PM   #31
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker View Post
Me too. Like the old place went into internet foreclosure due to shady dealings or something and is now back on the market.
Made me laugh... thanks, Kelly!
Old 09-29-2010, 02:51 PM   #32
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

No thanks.

Posted via Mobile Device
pnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:54 PM   #33
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Trading: (16)
Bolivar
ninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the rough

Last year when this product first hit the IPCPR show floor... I and a couple of other guys tried it... well... they put out the cigars we were smoking... treated them and we left them there with our address to our store.

And then forgot about them.

Well... like 2 weeks later we get a package at the store with our names on it containing all of the cigars they had treated (That we had left) wrapped in saran wrap...

I didn't even try my own thinking this has GOT to be a joke. I garbaged it.

However, 3 of the other guys lit theirs up right there... and swore up and down... and judging by look of amazment on their faces... I'd say it may have just worked. They swore by it and ordered it from the guy. I have never personally tried it but I think if you ask those gentlemen, they would all agree. It does work. However I'd still prefer to light up a new one. When my smokes have laid at rest long enough after going out, I consider a slap at the character of that particular beauty to wake it back up again.
ninjavanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:23 AM   #34
Katmancross

I bought some a couple months ago after watching Gary Korb of Famous demonstrate it on Cigar Advisor.
It took over a month to get it.
Yeah, the stuff works as advertised. The ingredients are all natural, no chemicals.
I'm happy with it. But I only use it on really good sticks.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:09 PM   #35
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

I wonder if this stuff would work on the fiancé? If so, I'm buying it by the case...

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote