Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 02-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #3001
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Red's Fans Check in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
Once again I was the last caller on McAllister's Hot Stove Show. I think it might have been actually Mark Amazon. I discussed Oswalt's WAR vs. Bailey's WAR and the price for each. Oswalt's WAR has gone down each year, while Bailey's WAR has improved each year (although by not much), but if I'm gonna spend 10-16 million, I want a big name player, not another broken down maybe pitcher. We've already got enough maybe's and has-beens. I'm mad enough at keeping Rolen at third, a has been as back-up/maybe starting SS out of Valdez, and Arroyo. Why add Oswalt?

BTW, I was supposedly ED from NC. The last caller, if you want to go back and listen. I waited so long, he finally answered my call when I was taking a p!$$ and was caught off guard.
LOL. "Hey, can you hold on, I am seeing a man about a horse"
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #3002
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
LOL. "Hey, can you hold on, I am seeing a man about a horse"
I was half lit when I called in last night.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #3003
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Andy, I bet Adam a 5'er that the Reds will make it to the NLCS. Crazy or not?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #3004
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I thought it was to win the World Series.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #3005
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
I thought it was to win the World Series.
LOL. You crack me up. You wouldn't bet the division b/c you said they will win that, but you did bet that the reds wouldn't make it the NLCS.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #3006
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
LOL. You crack me up. You wouldn't bet the division b/c you said they will win that, but you did bet that the reds wouldn't make it the NLCS.
I know, I remember. Just funnin' ya.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:55 AM   #3007
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
NLDS is a safer bet.

Insert quote here.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #3008
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
NLDS is a safer bet.
Adam was too chicken to bet that
Old 03-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #3009
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
NLDS is a safer bet.
They should win this weak division, so the NLDS is almost a guarantee. Dan swears they are going to make the World Series, but he was to chicken to bet that.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #3010
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Rumors of straight up trade being laid on the table: Phillips for Cole Hamels. Not sure if this is legit or not.

Insert quote here.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:10 PM   #3011
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Rumors of straight up trade being laid on the table: Phillips for Cole Hamels. Not sure if this is legit or not.
I don't like it. I like Hamels, but can they sign him long term? Who will play 2nd base? They can't be as good at defense as Phillips and Hamels only helps out every 5 days.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:56 PM   #3012
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Good trade, considering the Reds biggest hole is pitching. They have a bunch of #3-5 starters and one true starter. They can score runs, and keeping Phillips when this contract expires, is a big question once Votto leaves. Phillips Gold Gloves are well deserved, but last year was a product of home score keeping and having one the year before.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:59 AM   #3013
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Good trade, considering the Reds biggest hole is pitching. They have a bunch of #3-5 starters and one true starter. They can score runs, and keeping Phillips when this contract expires, is a big question once Votto leaves. Phillips Gold Gloves are well deserved, but last year was a product of home score keeping and having one the year before.
Ok, so lets say this trade happens. Who will be our second baseman?
Old 03-21-2012, 06:39 AM   #3014
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
That move reeks of panic by the Phillies. Fear of not being able to resign Hamels, and fear that Utley's not coming back.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:02 AM   #3015
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Ok, so lets say this trade happens. Who will be our second baseman?
That's why I don't like this idea. Frazier is about our best option right now.
Valaika?
Gregorius?

We've got a good cast of not ready guys, but nothing that will provide Phillips style defense and offense.

Insert quote here.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:06 AM   #3016
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
...Phillips Gold Gloves are well deserved, but last year was a product of home score keeping ...
You are aware that he does play half of the season on the road and there is no home score keeper to help him out?
Old 03-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #3017
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
You are aware that he does play half of the season on the road and there is no home score keeper to help him out?
I have seen multiple plays at GABP where he should have gotten errors, not saying he should have 20 more, but at least 5 balls that he got a pass on. One he booted it, and then threw it in the dirt past Votto and no error.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #3018
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
I have seen multiple plays at GABP where he should have gotten errors, not saying he should have 20 more, but at least 5 balls that he got a pass on. One he booted it, and then threw it in the dirt past Votto and no error.
I don't know, I feel it is a wash. He doesn't get a positive mark when he makes a play that not many other 2B's could even get to.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #3019
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Even so, he's still worth a sh!t ton of money, and he deserves it. I just hope he doesn't sign that big contract (for us or any other team) and wind up like Uttley.

Insert quote here.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:54 AM   #3020
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
I don't know, I feel it is a wash. He doesn't get a positive mark when he makes a play that not many other 2B's could even get to.
Come on, take off the glasses. He makes a lot of good plays, but he doesn't make a lot of plays that other 2B's can't. Its like saying that Stubbs gets to more fly balls than other CF's. You need to stop listening to the Reds home broadcast team.