Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 12-26-2011, 11:09 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Congrats Drew Brees

An amazing feat, toppling Dan Marino's record tonight. 5,087 yards in a season - and he still has one more game to play in regular season play.

Congratulations!
Old 12-26-2011, 11:23 PM   #2
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Congrats Drew Brees

Can't say a bad thing about the man as a player or a person. He worked hard to accomplish such a feat and it is well deserved
Old 12-26-2011, 11:24 PM   #3
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

First Name: Wade
Trading: (17)
SCdlH
Volusianator has a spectacular aura aboutVolusianator has a spectacular aura about

Couldn't have happened to a nicer classier guy!
Old 12-26-2011, 11:41 PM   #4
Dr Voss

Not only did he set a new record, he did it with a TD pass. Really great game and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Way to go Saints.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:47 PM   #5
Savor the Stick
~Loves the Lord~

First Name: Kevin, or just K
Trading: (67)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Savor the Stick has disabled reputation

Enjoyed the game as well. Really, really enjoyed how he acknowledged the whole Saints organization for the achievement. Classy Guy!

The penalties on the Falcons team this game really kept them from making more points...as well as the defense of the Saints.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:51 PM   #6
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

I agree with all of the above! Well deserved!
Old 12-27-2011, 04:47 AM   #7
SteelCityBoy
7th Heaven Will Commeth!!

First Name: Ken
Trading: (21)
Bolivar
SteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura aboutSteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura about

Drew Brees is one heckuva leader and QB. Good for him! It was going to happen sooner or later and it is nice to see Brees get it. Congrats Drew Brees!
SteelCityBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:53 AM   #8
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

First class!! Love how he puts the team before himself. More athletes could learn a thing or two from Mr Brees.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:02 AM   #9
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
First class!! Love how he puts the team before himself. More athletes could learn a thing or two from Mr Brees.
+1.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:33 AM   #10
skullnrose
Ashes,ashes,all fall down

First Name: Scott
Trading: (16)
HUpmann
skullnrose is on a distinguished road

Class act all the way. Congrats to Drew and the Saints.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:45 AM   #11
Taki
Welcome to the Layer Cake

First Name: Taki
Trading: (38)
HdM
Taki has disabled reputation

Just think a few years back, no one wanted him because of his shoulder and all the "potential" health problems that he could have...haha Great Job Drew...an amazing accomplishment!!
Old 12-27-2011, 05:48 AM   #12
NeuRon
Formerly BigRonS

First Name: Ron
Trading: (22)
NeuRon will become famous soon enoughNeuRon will become famous soon enough

congrats to drew brees.. he is one hell of a field general! One of the best.. Saints are so much fun to watch
NeuRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:16 AM   #13
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Drew,
When you read this, I just wanna say I always thought San Diego should have never let you go. Congrats on an amazing season, and keep up the great work. You are the complete opposite of what Eli Manning is and I respect that! Oh one last thing, what's up with the Nyquil commercials?
Old 12-27-2011, 06:43 AM   #14
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Glad that he was the one to break the record.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:45 AM   #15
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Congrats to Drew, can't believe it took someone this long in the pass happy NFL.

The one thing that irked me was that tool, Mike Tirico. How many times did he point out the rules for passing in the league have changed from when Marino set the record? Almost like he was putting an asterisk on Brees' accomplishment.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:57 AM   #16
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Congrats to Drew, can't believe it took someone this long in the pass happy NFL.

The one thing that irked me was that tool, Mike Tirico. How many times did he point out the rules for passing in the league have changed from when Marino set the record? Almost like he was putting an asterisk on Brees' accomplishment.
+1

Tirico is a brutal announcer. Tries to be part of the story instead of the storyteller.

But what great season by a very classy guy. Congrats!
Old 12-27-2011, 10:54 AM   #17
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophernut View Post
+1

Tirico is a brutal announcer. Tries to be part of the story instead of the storyteller.

But what great season by a very classy guy. Congrats!
I agree.

I was listening to the commentary on ESPN radio on the drive back from Green Bay after watching the game with MJ at Titletown Tobacco. Was able to listen to Drew's comments afterwards. Wow, I was impressed. Football is a team sport, and individual records often rise above the team. It was great that Drew acknowledged the "team" aspect of the sport.

Granted, it is his record, and no other quarterback can claim it, because no other QB has done it. But it did take a supporting cast to do so.

That's the kind of football player I hope kids find as a hero.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:49 AM   #18
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Congrats, DB, & Go Saints!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:09 PM   #19
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Granted, it is his record, and no other quarterback can claim it, because no other QB has done it. But it did take a supporting cast to do so.
+1. It would be impossible for him to have such a record without the help of the rest of the team. I hope he buys them all a Rolex and a case of stickum.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:17 PM   #20
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
An amazing feat, toppling Dan Marino's record tonight. 5,087 yards in a season - and he still has one more game to play in regular season play.

Congratulations!
Not sure if anyone else has stated this or not, but I will add it to the kudos and correct myself
if someone has already. Last year when he was only 15 yards from breaking the record, or last
TIME he was close, he had a man wide open across the middle for the record, and he threw it
at the receiver's feet. It was not a scrambling throw and was not by any means a difficult toss and
catch. I thought it was simply a tip of the hat to the MAN, DAN and he likely thought about it later and
said, "NEXT time that puppy is MINE, Dan..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophernut View Post
+1

That is Musberger for me.

As for asterisks, I heard one caller on WWL radio out of NO say there SHOULD be a asterisk by the
record... * - "Brees did it ALL while being less than 6 feet tall"

Personally I hope he throws for 500 at home against the Panthers next week, sock that puppy away
for a few seasons...

Last edited by OLS; 12-27-2011 at 12:25 PM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote