Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Red's Fans Check in

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle View Post
Tru.... Joe Morgan, Broadcaster, thinks Joe Morgan, Player, should be considered for the Hall of Fame... hell, if he got a vote, I'm sure he'd vote for him every year! Joe Morgan - the best player in baseball's history, just ask him!
Love it when he talks about himself in the 3rd person, Steve.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:37 AM   #2702
waffle
Who doesn't love Waffles?

First Name: Steve (Stephen)
Trading: (38)
waffle has a spectacular aura aboutwaffle has a spectacular aura about

There is nothing more infuriating then listening to Joe Joe talk... "Well... when I played, this is how it was done".... "Joe Morgan wouldn't have let that ball through"... "Joe Morgan would have ridden that bomb a la Slim Pickens because thats the kind of team player Joe Morgan was."

And for the youngsters....

waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:42 AM   #2703
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Yer killin' me!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:56 AM   #2704
waffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Yer killin' me!
I try, I try
Old 08-30-2011, 12:29 PM   #2705
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Love it when he talks about himself in the 3rd person, Steve.
I would almost like to hear his radio show to hear him talk about how what he did in baseball would translate to other sports, in the third person of course.

"When Joe Morgan was playing the Cubs in '74, I would have played a pop-up with the sun in my eyes just like DeSean should have fielded that punt."

"When Joe had a sore ankle, he rubbed dirt on it and didn't miss a ground ball, players these days could take a page from old Joe's book. "

Whom ever came up with the idea of allowing him to not only talk about baseball, but all sports must have been losing their job anyway. I am sure his discussion on the US Open or Ryder Cup will be just riveting.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:35 PM   #2706
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
A one hour sports radio show on Sports USA Radio Network? Does anyone even know who carries the show? Yeah, I wouldn't trade that in either. Frankly, he is a bad sports announcer/analyst/broadcater/journalist, any job he can hold is worth hanging on to I suppose.
He also works with the Reds too, in some sort of PR position (or at least he did at the beginning of the season).

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:41 PM   #2707
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I would hardly call that stealing signals. He took a step inside and coincidentally (maybe not) that is where Hannigan set up. Hannigan set up inside the next pitch and he didn't take the step.

It might be a little bush league, but it happens at every level of baseball. Hell, little leaguers point to where the catcher sets up. In the end knowing where the pitcher is set up helps you about as much as a corked bat, you still have to hit the ball.
Happens ALL the time, but you're not supposed to get caught. When you do, you or someone on the team pays the price.

BTW, there are a couple of recent studies that have come out saying that corked bats don't really help at all. When that study came out, I bet Albert Bell shed a tear or two.

Insert quote here.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:33 PM   #2708
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
Happens ALL the time, but you're not supposed to get caught. When you do, you or someone on the team pays the price.

BTW, there are a couple of recent studies that have come out saying that corked bats don't really help at all. When that study came out, I bet Albert Bell shed a tear or two.
Homer put one high and tight on Victorino.

Last I had heard, Sports Science or someone concluded that it gives you about a 2-3% improvement on distance, about 10-12 feet on a homerun. But you still have to hit the baseball.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:17 AM   #2709
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Halladay owns the Reds. That was just plain dominating (again).
Old 08-31-2011, 07:13 PM   #2710
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

reds suck...

Insert quote here.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:20 PM   #2711
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I can't wait to see our call-ups. I am excited to see Devin Mesorraco. Although I have heard that he is pretty fatigued at this point because he has played 100+ games so far.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:55 PM   #2712
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Another over-hyped prospect on his way to the majors, lets see if he can be better than Stubbs and Janish.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:32 AM   #2713
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Halladay owns the Reds. That was just plain dominating (again).
Insert "Cliff Lee"....Watching the series and what shocks me is all the EMPTY seats!....Nice new ballpark, good team, and playing the best team in the majors, why no support?...
Old 09-01-2011, 08:33 AM   #2714
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
Insert "Cliff Lee"....Watching the series and what shocks me is all the EMPTY seats!....Nice new ballpark, good team, and playing the best team in the majors, why no support?...
Because the Reds aren't winning.

I will be at the game this afternoon with the boss and his son. Watching the Reds > working
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #2715
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Because most of Cincinnati (read: Homers) only care about the team if they are winning.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #2716
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Because the Reds aren't winning.

I will be at the game this afternoon with the boss and his son. Watching the Reds > working
Quote:
Because most of Cincinnati (read: Homers) only care about the team if they are winning.
Really?..its baseball....I say get out and enjoy the experience!...btw, the Reds are only a couple games south of .500 right?...Not like they're the Mets!....

And enjoy the game Dan!!
Old 09-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #2717
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Really?..its baseball....I say get out and enjoy the experience!...btw, the Reds are only a couple games south of .500 right?...Not like they're the Mets!....
If only it were that easy in Cincinnati. There are so many teams for people to claim are their favorites in this area. Everyone is a UC/XU/Ohio/Bengals/Louisville/UK/Reds fan when they are winning, if said team is not winning, they can move to a different team. Fans here, in general, are fickle and don't know/care much about sports other than if you are winning.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:11 AM   #2718
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas

Quote:
If only it were that easy in Cincinnati. There are so many teams for people to claim are their favorites in this area. Everyone is a UC/XU/Ohio/Bengals/Louisville/UK/Reds fan when they are winning, if said team is not winning, they can move to a different team. Fans here, in general, are fickle and don't know/care much about sports other than if you are winning.
Opposite here...we'll still come out to the game if they're losing...just to boo!!
Old 09-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #2719
waffle

Quote:
Opposite here...we'll still come out to the game if they're losing...just to boo!!
I blame it squarely on the likes of one Mike Brown... when he openly admitted he makes just as much money when he loses than when he wins, fans just had enough... however, there is a certain homerism to be had... but I think its that way with all cities where there aren't the diehards who had it bred into them that they live with the team and die with the team...

However, I do agree, its a great time to get out to the game and watch... people don't realize what theyre missing until its gone.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #2720
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle View Post
I blame it squarely on the likes of one Mike Brown... when he openly admitted he makes just as much money when he loses than when he wins, fans just had enough... however, there is a certain homerism to be had... but I think its that way with all cities where there aren't the diehards who had it bred into them that they live with the team and die with the team...

However, I do agree, its a great time to get out to the game and watch... people don't realize what theyre missing until its gone.