Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
dragnframe
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
dragnframe is on a distinguished road
Default Well, What do you know about these cigars?

I was just on on C.I. looking around when the ad caught my eye. I am sure these arent great but I am just getting my feet wet so I thought what the heck. I order a humidor last week and this said it comes with a humidor.

My first thought was I dont need two humidors. I read the reviews on this deal and somebody talked about they use it to store there infused cigars. So, I thought ahhh what the hell. I went ahead and ordered it up. I got 10 cigars and a humidor for 35 bucks. So what do you guys think about this deal? Maybe I got took but heck with it, live and learn right?

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...p?item=sp-ca27
dragnframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: Well, What do you know about these cigars?

For 35 bucks you can't go wrong haha

I think you should visit a B&M and talk to teh guy there about what you like and don't like and let him show you some sticks, or read some reviews of the sticks people posted for you and decide which ones of those to get, its a very steep slope no matter how you attack it.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
dragnframe
Still Watching My Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
For 35 bucks you can't go wrong haha

I think you should visit a B&M and talk to teh guy there about what you like and don't like and let him show you some sticks, or read some reviews of the sticks people posted for you and decide which ones of those to get, its a very steep slope no matter how you attack it.
Yea, I put a list together from the suggestions from my other thread and I am going to go to my local B & M. That was kind of my thought for 35 bucks I couldnt go wrong. Everybody always said in here all I can do is try some in search for the right one for me. If all of those cigars suck atleast I will have a spare humidor for other cigars.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #4
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

For $35 it's a really good deal. You're getting a variety of pretty good cigars for a really cheap price. The Cohiba itself is a $10 cigar (overpriced, IMNSHO, but that's a different story).

I order quite a bit of samplers from CI and from FSS. Through them I've discovered some of my favorite smokes. My best advice when it comes to samplers is to look up the individual cigars to see what kind of a deal you're getting. Also, generally speaking, avoid samplers that feature a large number of cigars. I've seen ones that have 40-90 cigars in them and a lot - a rather large lot - of that number are not good.

One I've ordered recently that I enjoyed quite a bit was CI's "CI Sizzler Sampler #9". For $39.99 there were some damned tasty smokes in there.

Both FSS and CI have samplers that go by tastes and regions; FSS has a crapload, actually. So if you want to try just Nicaraguan smokes, or Dominicans, or milds, or full-strengths, you have a lot of options. Some of my favorite smokes - Genesis The Project, Casa Magna Oscuro, AF Hemingway Short Story, CAO Brazilia, RP Renaissance, Pinar Del Rio Oscuro, Perdomo Lot 23 - I discovered through samplers.
Porch Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:22 PM   #5
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

Everybody can use another humidor. The one my wife got me for Christmas is now full.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:27 AM   #6
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

That's a decent selection if sticks, especially for a beginner. Early on, i purchased a lot of samplers from C bid as a way to try out a lot of different sticks. Many are really good deals. I often looked for deals with two of each stick, since sticks can taste different at different times/conditions.

As to the humidor, anything cheap with glass, probably is plexiglass (nothing wrong with that), but probably needs sealing around the glass. Check it for movement for an idea about fit and sealing. Several threads on forum about sealing glass tops/fronts.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:02 AM   #7
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

$35.00??? When I clicked the link it said $157.00.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:05 AM   #8
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
that is a special Mac price.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:47 AM   #9
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
You have to read the description to see the special price: "If you like handmade cigars, you’re gonna love Cigars International! To prove it, I’ve compiled a sampler with 10 of the finest cigars in the world plus a FREE glasstop humidor for one super-low introductory price: instead of the normal retail of $157, my offer to you is just $29.99!"
Porch Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:55 AM   #10
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

First Name: Rob
Trading: (19)
HUpmann Army (Disabled Vet)
RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about

That's a steal for the price! Nice variety of smokes too. I'd say good haul!
RobR1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:24 AM   #11
STEVE S
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (1)
STEVE S is on a distinguished road

I started out buying sampler deals, but I found out that you get better and more info at your local B & M.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:28 AM   #12
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
You have to read the description to see the special price: "If you like handmade cigars, you’re gonna love Cigars International! To prove it, I’ve compiled a sampler with 10 of the finest cigars in the world plus a FREE glasstop humidor for one super-low introductory price: instead of the normal retail of $157, my offer to you is just $29.99!"
Gotcha...reading is fundamental.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:29 AM   #13
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough

I'm guessing that if you create a new account, the price in your cart goes to $29.99???
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:33 AM   #14
ksknnr
Feeling at Home

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (13)
ksknnr is on a distinguished road

I bougt this about a year ago when I started smoking cigars, stick were decent, and a good selection. I actually still use the humidor but it got full awfully quick

Also like svillekid mentioned, you will want to seal the glass, mine was not holding humidity great, but I sealed the glass with some clear silicone, and it has been working great ever since.
ksknnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:36 AM   #15
Bondo 287
Runaway Train

First Name: Mikael
Cohiba
Bondo 287 will become famous soon enough

Not with CI but a similar deal with CC is how I got started. Go for it. Remember don't put the cigars in the humidor until you season it and verify it doesn't leak RH. That's harder to do when you add cigars because introducing them to the humidor will naturally move your RH. Get some distilled water from the supermarket so when your stuff arrives you aren't tempted to use tap water.

Have fun Dragon. Welcome to the slope.
Bondo 287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:20 AM   #16
mk05
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
mk05 will become famous soon enough

buy one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Koldfront-Bott.../dp/B000KL0MKM
or bid on
http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/...2000-Capacity/

buy couple of these (usually $8-10):
http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/...r-20-Capacity/

buy one of these (2-4mm):
http://tastyworms.com/1-2-lbs-cricket-water.html

and one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Western-Humido.../dp/B0007W1EA6
mk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #17
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Buy it! Those of us who have purchased from CI before- like you, Mac- won't be able to get that price.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #18
dragnframe
Still Watching My Back

In you guys opinion, What is the best way to season a humidor? I did order that so I will have a humidor for normal sticks, and infused sticks.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:12 AM   #19
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnframe View Post
In you guys opinion, What is the best way to season a humidor? I did order that so I will have a humidor for normal sticks, and infused sticks.

There's a sticky for that
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=620
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:08 AM   #20
dragnframe
Still Watching My Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Thanks, That was real helpful. Just sucks now I gotta season for a week or two before filling it up. lol