Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-15-2008, 01:14 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Alonso Menendez robusto

This Alonso Menendez robusto, 139mm long and a 48 ring is made of Brazilian tobacco. The color is a bit dark but far from being maduro, the aroma is deep and reminds me of a stable. Some veins run over the wrapper, the predraw is fine and releases a light sweetness. The cigar has a firm feeling.

As can be expected from Brazilian tobacco, the flavor is a very deep and dark sweetness. Later on there is a bit of a herby flavor, like some herbs were dipped in honey. The cigar has a certain harshness, bitter, but still with a sweetness on the background. Not very pleasant.

The smoke is full and ash is ok, draw is just fine, but the flavors aren’t my style

Would I buy this cigar again? No, I can find better cigars in this price range.
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote