Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

Old 12-13-2015, 08:29 AM   #1081
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: Latest Pipe-Related Purchase Thread

Loving the Savinelli, has a nice big bowl and smokes so well, wow a really good pipe makes all the difference in the world, well that and letting your tabac dry out just the right amount.

Oh and not using the little balsa wood filter, I put the adapter / little plastic tube in instead.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 08:36 AM   #1082
Mr.Maduro
In Domino Confido

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (83)
HUpmann
Mr.Maduro has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
Picked this up off of fleabay for about 50% of the price of one new out of the box, already figured out I really like the bent billiards and apples.

Savinelli Santa Maria 606KS.

Very nice pipe. They are only two pipes left I want to add to my stable to make it complete. One is a Savinelli. I have my eye on one but will wait until after Christmas.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:07 PM   #1083
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Ok so I was cruising around Pipes and Cigars and came across the build it yourself tin sampler, how could I resist, I was looking forward to trying a couple of the flakes and I liked what I've had from the Seattle Pipe Club so I grabbed that and a Twain Bent and Country Gentlemen Bent (after seeing posts about them here). I think that's it I can only use the birthday excuse 10 or 15 times
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2105.jpg (103.3 KB, 314 views)
Old 12-15-2015, 06:14 PM   #1084
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Ok so I was cruising around Pipes and Cigars and came across the build it yourself tin sampler, how could I resist, I was looking forward to trying a couple of the flakes and I liked what I've had from the Seattle Pipe Club so I grabbed that and a Twain Bent and Country Gentlemen Bent (after seeing posts about them here). I think that's it I can only use the birthday excuse 10 or 15 times

... oy vey!!! gey arop di shipue...

Nice pick-ups Adam. Gotta love the Mark Twain
Old 12-15-2015, 06:29 PM   #1085
AdamJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
... oy vey!!! gey arop di shipue...

Nice pick-ups Adam. Gotta love the Mark Twain

It's SO much cheaper than cigars I haven't even spent what I would spend on one half decent box of sticks yet
Old 12-15-2015, 06:51 PM   #1086
stevieray
Just slacking off

First Name: Steve
Trading: (42)
Bolivar
stevieray has disabled reputation

Quote:
It's SO much cheaper than cigars I haven't even spent what I would spend on one half decent box of sticks yet
Wait until you start buying artisan pipes...........
Old 12-15-2015, 06:58 PM   #1087
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
Wait until you start buying artisan pipes...........
... Oh man, don't go opening that gate for him Steve
Old 12-15-2015, 07:27 PM   #1088
AdamJoshua

Nah, not an artisan type, that Santa Maria I bought is like perfect for me, love how it feels in hand, the bowl size, the bent stem, just perfect.. I'm easy to please. Just not really looking to spend 100s on a pipe when there are plenty out there that I know I'd like at a good price.. blah blah blah.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:30 PM   #1089
mahtofire14
Chillin in the Aging Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
mahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I hope P&C has something left! I'm planning on putting an order in soon.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:46 PM   #1090
AdamJoshua

It's funny the Twain Bent is back ordered now, I think I literally got the last one as in my order it says it is now back ordered even though I got mine.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:18 PM   #1091
AdamJoshua

My first bulk purchase some Lane 1-Q and some Dunhill My Mixture 965. Now I need to go out and get some mason jars. I think I'll wait till Saturday when the stores aren't packed.

Old 12-24-2015, 01:32 PM   #1092
nutcracker
Shameless epicurian

First Name: Neil
Trading: (26)
Partagas
nutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nice

Those are decent tobaccos Adam.
If you head to Walmart at 6pm tonight it will be dead quiet. (Is in my town.)

I'd suggest Canadian Tire - but that might be a bit of a drive for you!!
Old 12-24-2015, 03:01 PM   #1093
AdamJoshua

Yah I need to go to a couple places so I figured around dinner time would be the best.

I have been to Canadian Tire and London Drugs, add those to my addiction to Hickory Sticks, though not a fan of HP sauce, I dated a girl in BC and spent quite a bit of time in Vancouver and White Rock
Old 12-24-2015, 08:29 PM   #1094
mahtofire14

Bolivar
mahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the rough

Got two estates in today that I got for under $20 each. The one in front is a Stanwell Royal Danish, and the one behind it is a Weber Blackthorne. Both need some reaming and a polish but I am hoping they both turn out nice.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:02 PM   #1095
AdamJoshua

That's awesome, Pete! I keep looking on fleabay and thinking I should just buy a couple to learn how to restore on, then I end up on the web watching all these different restoring DYI videos. I think first for me is to get a reamer set and all the basic stuff that you need on hand. I need a hobby besides smoking cigars and working ..
Old 12-25-2015, 12:27 PM   #1096
mahtofire14

Bolivar

Quote:
That's awesome, Pete! I keep looking on fleabay and thinking I should just buy a couple to learn how to restore on, then I end up on the web watching all these different restoring DYI videos. I think first for me is to get a reamer set and all the basic stuff that you need on hand. I need a hobby besides smoking cigars and working ..
I really don't know what I'm doing still. It's amazing how much better they look after reaming, salt treatment, and a little magic eraser. I've been hanging out on YouTube looking at restoration videos for techniques. They are quite helpful. Now I'm trying to figure out the best way to polish the wood without a buffer of some sort.
Old 12-25-2015, 12:52 PM   #1097
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtofire14 View Post
Now I'm trying to figure out the best way to polish the wood without a buffer of some sort.

Old 12-25-2015, 01:35 PM   #1098
AdamJoshua

Old 12-25-2015, 02:28 PM   #1099
mahtofire14

Bolivar

Old 12-31-2015, 03:33 PM   #1100
mahtofire14

Bolivar

Got a small but good order in. Two Stokkebye blends, the 52 Proper English and the luxury navy flame. AND some pipe sweetener. Looking forward to smoking the flame again and trying the proper English! Now I'm just waiting on my waxes so I can polish up my estates and I also picked up a tin of this years' Christmas Cheer.