Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 12-17-2008, 09:12 PM   #1
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold
Default Riddle me this...NOOOOOOOOO!!!

I know it's probably not true...but....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2048300.ece

Old 12-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #2
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Riddle me this...NOOOOOOOOO!!!

FAIL!!!

dont think anybody can top Carey. the movie sucked, but he was great

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:46 AM   #3
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

I think that would be awful. I like the idea of Johnny Depp however.
Gophernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:51 AM   #4
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

I think Eddie Murphy would suck at the Riddler...I also hated Jim Carey too..I think Johnny Depp would make a great Riddler. It's going to be hard to follow the supporting actor role of Heath Ledger's Joker but it's a hell of a standard to work to.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:59 AM   #5
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen910 View Post
I think Eddie Murphy would suck at the Riddler...I also hated Jim Carey too..I think Johnny Depp would make a great Riddler. It's going to be hard to follow the supporting actor role of Heath Ledger's Joker but it's a hell of a standard to work to.
I agree, this series of movies is moving away from the 'campy' Batman, and exlploring the darkness of the character.
Gophernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:10 AM   #6
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

I'm more worried about bringing Robin into this series than Eddie Murphy playing the Riddler. Depp would have been better, I'm sure.
Robin sucks

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:19 AM   #7
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

The article is bunk. Christian Bale said he wouldn't do another batman if they introduced robin. And eddie murphy as the riddler is just ridiculous.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:21 AM   #8
MadAl
Adjusting to the Life

SLR
MadAl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen910 View Post
I'm hoping they'll see what the hell they're doing! A comic for the Riddler just because he's a comic? It's the beginning of the decline. No fan of Carey's in just about anything he's done. Agree with Johnny Depp, Edward Norton, or even Casey Affleck (after watching the Assassination of Jesse James...).

They need to cast on talent and skill, that's what made Heath Ledger the best villian in any Batman movie and one of the top screen villians ever.
MadAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:03 AM   #9
Tombstone

Why Eddie?? The Riddler was not black. This is like doing a movie about MLK and making the actor playing him white.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:08 AM   #10
MadAl
Adjusting to the Life

SLR
MadAl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone View Post
Why Eddie?? The Riddler was not black. This is like doing a movie about MLK and making the actor playing him white.
That doesn't bother me as much as using a comic. I just can't see Eddie Murphy being able to continue the dark aspect of this franchise. Hell, get Don Cheadel or Jeffrey Wright if it's important to become multi-racial. At least we know they have the chops.

And the Riddle is a fictional character, unlike MLK
MadAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:16 AM   #11
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAl View Post
That doesn't bother me as much as using a comic. I just can't see Eddie Murphy being able to continue the dark aspect of this franchise. Hell, get Don Cheadel or Jeffrey Wright if it's important to become multi-racial. At least we know they have the chops.

I agree...Beyonce Knowles wants to play Wonder Woman too...honestly..if they can do it great..but I don't want to see the Riddler as a comic style character...I want to see an evil dark madman with a flare for word play and anagrams.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:24 PM   #12
Tombstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAl View Post
Really??? I did not know that.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:56 PM   #13
theycallmedan'lboone

it came from the sun... more like a tabloid.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:48 PM   #14
Tombstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmedan'lboone View Post
it came from the sun... more like a tabloid.
Hopefully you are right!!
Old 12-18-2008, 02:13 PM   #15
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Robin sucks
Why do you think Batman is around him so much!!!

I know that was bad!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:15 PM   #16
Tombstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post

I know that was bad!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 05:16 PM   #17
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post

I know that was bad!!!
Don't you have some Ewoks to torture Darth Comic?

I would imagine that this is just a garbage story. Ledger has set the bar pretty high for villians in this franchise now.

The article also mentioned Catwoman portrayed by Rachel Weisz of "The Mummy" and "Constantine". I have seen her name mentioned in other places.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:21 PM   #18
Darrell

That makes my stomach turn.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:18 PM   #19
kayaker

Here's what I found on Wikipedia on a possible 3rd New Batman movie:

Warner Bros. president of production Jeff Robinov hopes a third film will be released in 2011.[81] Nolan is not committed to another sequel, explaining that he does not normally line up projects after completing a film, noting "Is there a story that's going to keep me emotionally invested for the couple of years that it will take to make another one? That’s the overriding question. On a more superficial level, I have to ask the question: How many good third movies in a franchise can people name?"[82] He added the only reason he would return would be if he found a necessary way to continue the story, but he feared midway through filming another installment he would find it redundant.[83] Nolan had written a rough story outline and made some notes by December 2008, despite his uncertainty in returning for the sequel.[84] That same month, he entered discussions with Warner Bros. to return.[85]

Gary Oldman is confident Nolan will return,[86] and Bale said he would return if Nolan did.[87] Oldman hinted in the third film Gordon would have to "hunt down Batman".[88] He has also speculated that the villain of the upcoming film might be the Riddler.[89] Nolan explained that as long as he is directing, he is not including Robin in the franchise because Bale is still portraying a "young Batman", which meant "Robin's not for a few films".[90] In addition, Nolan considers the Penguin difficult to portray on film, explaining, "There are certain characters that are easier to mesh with the more real take on Batman we're doing. The Penguin would be tricky."[91]

Kate Beckinsale has expressed interest in playing Catwoman,[92] while rumors are spreading that Angelina Jolie is reported to be Catwoman. Julie Newmar, who played Catwoman in the Batman series from 1966 to 1967, said "Angelina would own the part."[93] David Tennant and Brian Austin Green wish to portray the Riddler.[94][95] Aaron Eckhart had expressed his enthusiasm that he would reprise his role for a sequel if asked, although he later confirmed that, in talks with Nolan before Heath Ledger's death, the director considers Two-Face to be dead.[96] Michael Caine commented that a studio executive was interested in casting Johnny Depp as the Riddler, and Phillip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin.[97] Hoffman later denied the rumor.[98]
Old 12-23-2008, 05:07 PM   #20
barbourjay

this was confirmed to be another crap rumor today by eddie's publicist.

BTW, i think the idea of catwoman/penguin/riddler would be a horrible idea. i don't believe nolan is going to use anyone of them. catwoman and penguin are too far fetched and have been overplayed. the riddler could be made into a much more believable character but i just don't see nolan going into that direction.

honestly i hope he goes and does another movie like he did between the previous movies. it will give him time to get another great script together.

nolan did a live directors commentary on BD live and when people got to ask him questions he mention they have an idea but they aren't talking to anyone about it.