Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 05-31-2014, 09:46 PM   #1
badbriar

Default Two tasty Kristoffs...

Another quick review, this time on the Kristoff Ligero Maduro and Kristoff Maduro cigars in Corona vitolas. Both sticks have dark, rich Brazilian Maduro wrappers. The difference looks to be that the Ligero has Dominican and Honduran long filler tobaccos, with more ligero and the Maduro contains Dominican and Nicaraguan long fillers. Both cigars are unbelievably tasty with flavors of coffee, expresso, dark cocoa and mild earthiness. I find the Ligero to be more on the savory side with almost a toasted hickory tone and not quite as sweet on the finish as the regular Maduro. These sticks get a lot of great flavor from the Brizillian wrapper, have excellent draw and an equally superb burn. Not difficult to see that these are at the top of my short list of favorites! IMHO, a must try on both. In a word...
Old 05-31-2014, 09:50 PM   #2
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Two tasty Kristoffs...

I really enjoy the Maduro but haven't yet had the Ligero Maduro. Adding it to my "Cigars to Try" list...
Old 05-31-2014, 10:20 PM   #3
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

I too prefer the Ligero Maduro. Was not a fan of the corona, the matador was exceptional!!
Old 06-01-2014, 06:34 PM   #4
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

I like the majuro better than the Ligero maduro version.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #5
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the reviews. I much prefer the Ligero version.

Does anyone else find that Kristoff cigars are hard to finish? Never came close to nubbing one. They all seem to get boring or bitter or wonky in the final third.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:56 PM   #6
timj219
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tim
Trading: (15)
Partagas
timj219 will become famous soon enoughtimj219 will become famous soon enough

I love the kristoff line and just had a great criollo ligero last night. Both these maduros are good cigars and if you like them you should give the Kristoff GC Signature a shot. I think it is at least as good as both these with the body being closer to the ligero. Only problem with the GC is it is only available in ring guage 52 and up. Lately I've been favoring the under 50 sizes and I love the coronas in both.criollo and msduro.
Funny thing about the Kristoffs I seem to pick up nutty flavors in all I've tried.