Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 05-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
Tiny Tim

Default La Herencia de Cuba White Label torpedo

La Herencia de Cuba White torpedo (6 1/8x52)

I first learned of these cigars during a visit to Lite Um Up Cigars in Columbia several years ago. I did a review on them and gave the cigar a nice rating. I wanted to give them another try since I'll be in Tampa, Florida in early September and want to visit their shop. The La Herencia de Cuba White torpedo is one of 3 color bands that they make; red, white, and yellow. They use to have a black label but it is no longer shown on their website. Now they have the Ramirez label but I am unsure if it took the place of the black label or if it's a separate label.

Video review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8lDIgrUSzA

Blog review: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/2011...e-torpedo.html

The cigar appears to be very well made. Of the 3 color labels this should be the fullest bodied.

Wrapper - Dark Habano
Binder - Indonesia
Filler - Dominican Republic, Nicaragua

The white label is the fuller bodied of the 3 color labels. After the cap was cut the test draw was very good.

Quite a bit of pepper, cinnamon, and leather notes at light up.

After a few minutes (about a half inch) the flavors settled down into a ton of black pepper, cinnamon, and a sweet grapefruit citrus. The finish was very long with a ton of black pepper and a sweet vanilla.

At the 1/3 point the spice was still very much cinnamon and pepper. The citrus notes are more of a sweet orange at this point. The finish is still long with sweet vanilla and hints of raw almonds. The pepper is still good and lingering. The cigar is medium bodied and appears to be moving toward full bodied.

The cinnamon is a dry cinnamon with the mix of citrus makes for a very nice flavor.

At the midpoint there were no major changes.

At the final 1/3 the vanilla is more prominent in the spice. It is a deep, rich vanilla, somewhat like a roasted vanilla.

I reviewed this cigar on June 29th, 2008. At that time I mentioned a lot about the cigar having leather notes. This cigar did not have many leather notes.

The cigar can be wrapped up by saying it has a lot of cinnamon and citrus notes. Vanilla came into play in the final 1/3. There is a lot of black pepper throughout. This was a very good cigar. I really enjoyed it. I rated this cigar a 92 back in 2008 and I am giving this cigar the same rating.

Score: 92
Old 05-17-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
Tiny Tim

Default Re: La Herencia de Cuba White Label torpedo

These are made at a small boutique shop in Tampa. Florida. A very good cigar that not a lot of people know about.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
TBone
Equal opportunity Bomber

First Name: Paul
Trading: (25)
ERdM AirForce (Disabled Vet)
TBone is a jewel in the roughTBone is a jewel in the roughTBone is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: La Herencia de Cuba White Label torpedo

Another fine review...Thanks
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote