Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 11-14-2008, 10:09 PM   #1
BlackIrish
MassHole Militia

First Name: Eddie
Trading: (55)
LGC
BlackIrish has a spectacular aura aboutBlackIrish has a spectacular aura about
Default Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte Cordoba

The cigar:
Sanch Panza Extra Fuerte Cordoba

Nutritional Information:
Vitola: box pressed 5.25 x 44
Origin: Honduras
Wrapper: Honduras
Binder: Honduras
Filler: Honduras/Nicaragua
Humidor time: 6 months

This line is an old favorite of mine, and I know that many others enjoy SPs as well for their quality and value, so I thought I'd post up a review.

The Marketing:
From CI: A serious Sancho for a serious Sancho enthusiast! Take one puff off this Honduran handmade and you’ll instantly notice some serious power. Wrapped in a shiny, reddish Honduran-grown Cuban-seed leaf and boasting a long-filler blend of hefty Nicaraguan and Honduran leaves, this baby starts and ends with a kick, while adding a few punches in between. Balanced to the T with an assortment of rich, bold flavors backed by a little pepper, the Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte is perfect for any seasoned enthusiast and will add a great finishing touch to that hearty steak dinner.

From JR: A Honduran long leaf tobacco blend spiked with Nicaraguan ligero, the Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte is the newest addition to this value-priced premium cigar brand. Firmly trunk pressed like its predecessors, a dark, reddish-brown capa surrounds this rich, spicy recipe of rich viso and ligero. A long, peppery finish makes this a robust cigar that is packed with flavor best suited for the seasoned smoker, but does so without being overwhelming to the palate.

Prelight: A square pressed lonsdale that sports a reddish, somewhat rustic Honduran Havana seed wrapper and a dark red label. It won't win any beauty pageants, but it's firm, well-bunched, and solid in the hand.

Burn: It lights and draws easily, burns straight and slow, and produces a firm white ash and abundant smoke. Very well constructed. What's not to like?

Flavor: Let's clear up one thing at the start: "Extra fuerte" is all marketing. It's got flavor, but it's not that fuerte. Don't be scared of it; it starts out on the medium side of mild, and ends solidly medium.

The opening notes of this smoke are pepper, wood, and a slight sweetness. It mellows, settling into a flavorful, less peppery, and not super complex smoke. On some puffs there's a bit more wood, on others more spice, occasionally a floral or cherry note. All of the flavors intensify as the smoke progresses, but it's balanced and relatively smooth, even when exhaled through the nose. I've found that this vitola, with the 44 ring, can get a little overheated if you smoke too fast. But if you take your time, this is a very good, reliable, very well-constructed, everyday smoke. At about $1.50 per when bought by the box (even boxes of 10), they're an outstanding value.

BlackIrish
Old 11-14-2008, 10:21 PM   #2
robertw1249

Default Re: Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte Cordoba

good review extra fuerte are really good smoke for the price i have to boxs of the madrids resting in the humi right now
Old 11-14-2008, 11:06 PM   #3
groogs
Have My Own Room

First Name: Grant
Trading: (62)
Trinidad
groogs will become famous soon enoughgroogs will become famous soon enough

Nice review, I think these are some tasty smokes, and for the price they are hard to beat.
groogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:22 AM   #4
scooter

Great review. They are a very good cigar for the price.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:16 AM   #5
Coz77
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Mark
Trading: (1)
Coz77 is on a distinguished road

My all time go to smoke and vitola...I usually buy these by the box and seek them out when I'm looking to get back to basics and can just enjoy a good smoke without thinking to much.

The SPEF Cordoba is also my #1 camping stick... they almost never go out and burn perfect. They also seem to go great with a light beer on a hot summers day. 9/10 Highly recommended

Another great review...thanks Eddie!
Coz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:27 AM   #6
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

I enjoy the Extra Fuertes much more so than the Double Maduros. Good review.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:59 AM   #7
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Very nice review!!! This are little power houses!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:31 PM   #8
sofaman
Feeling at Home

Trading: (7)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
sofaman is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the review. I tried one of these for the first time a few days ago and loved it I see a box in my neer future
sofaman is offline   Reply With Quote