Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 07-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
Fredo456
Addicted

First Name: Fred
Trading: (3)
Fredo456 is on a distinguished road
Default La Aurora Preferidos Cameroon #3

I received this cigar in my first NST, and it's been resting in my humidor for about three months. I was intrigued by it, but resisted the urge to smoke it for quite some time. It's the first perfecto I've smoked, and this is my first review.

Bitterness is the first and most accurate word to describe this cigar, and because of it, I couldn't discern any flavor for most of the first third. At the end of the first third, a nutty flavor appeared. Maybe I should say it appeared at the beginning of the second third, because it's the only one I could identify until I got to the last part of this stick.

In the third third, a taste of freshness came around; like a fresh spice or minty cedar (does that even exist?). By the end of the cigar, the bitterness started to rescind, and the smoke became almost sweet.

I loved the shape of the cigar, and it burned perfectly. The ash was tight in the first inch, but became flaky for the remainder.

The MSRP is quite high for such a small stick, and I don't think I would buy it again. I probably would if it tasted like its last third all along, though. All in all an interesting experience. It allowed me to discover a vitola I particularly like and to notice enough things to write a first review.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, but my camera is uncooperative for close-ups. Thank you for reading.
Fredo456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
lenguamor
puta por Ninfas!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (23)
PL
lenguamor will become famous soon enoughlenguamor will become famous soon enough
Default Re: La Aurora Preferidos Cameroon #3

Good job on your first review. Keep 'em coming.