Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 02-06-2009, 10:38 AM   #1
joshpip
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (13)
Partagas
joshpip is on a distinguished road
Default Another firearm bill...

Here we go again... The following was cut and pasted from another site.

"Another attempt to get our Second Amendment Rights.

Please write or e-mail your Congressional Representatives.

Subj: H.R. 45: Blair Holt’s Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009.

Found at: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45

Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit a person from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued a firearm license under this Act or a state system certified under this Act and such license has not been invalidated or revoked. Prescribes license application, issuance, and renewal requirements.
Prohibits transferring or receiving a qualifying firearm unless the recipient presents a valid firearms license, the license is verified, and the dealer records a tracking authorization number. Prescribes firearms transfer reporting and record keeping requirements. Directs the Attorney General to establish and maintain a federal record of sale system."
joshpip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:40 AM   #2
adampc22

Default Re: Another firearm bill...

man u wana try here u need a license for a airgun now
Old 02-06-2009, 10:47 AM   #3
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

This has been out for a while now, and it absolutely angers me. Stupid gun grabbers. CRIMINALS ARE NOT GOING TO FOLLOW THE LAW! That is why they are criminals. All this bill will do is cost us law abiding citizens.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:51 AM   #4
Junior

This is just another supid bill. It is just one of many we will have to deal with over the coming years. At least they couldn't pass Ammo bill they tried a last year.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:53 AM   #5
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
This is just another supid bill. It is just one of many we will have to deal with over the coming years. At least they couldn't pass Ammo bill they tried a last year.
We are in for a long road ahead
Old 02-06-2009, 10:58 AM   #6
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
hmm, i bet the will try again with the new house and senate. We all know what the result will be. Man not only do i need to stock up on cigars before april, im going to have to stock up on ammo, and also buy a couple more guns. What has America come to??
Old 02-06-2009, 11:00 AM   #7
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Here in Florida, they can't keep popular models of handguns on the shelf and the CCW classes are full in light of all the liberals trying to take away our rights.

I was reading an interesting article showing how places like Washington DC, who ban citizen's rights to bear arms have a much higher murder rate than the places that allow.

Police can do little more than stop a fraction of the crime and do the paperwork after a crime occurs unfortunately.

When it becomes illegal to own and carry a firearm, I will become a criminal I suppose as I will never let go of my guns.

Twice last week, in my town, an armed robbery in progress was cut short when the criminal met a citizen who wasn't in the mood to be held up and shot the bad guy. One less scumbag on the streets and another victory for the citizen I say.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:02 AM   #8
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
Here in Florida, they can't keep popular models of handguns on the shelf and the CCW classes are full in light of all the liberals trying to take away our rights.

I was reading an interesting article showing how places like Washington DC, who ban citizen's rights to bear arms have a much higher murder rate than the places that allow.

Police can do little more than stop a fraction of the crime and do the paperwork after a crime occurs unfortunately.

When it becomes illegal to own and carry a firearm, I will become a criminal I suppose as I will never let go of my guns.
Handgun sales are up all over the country. What is hillarious is how the BATFE ran out of background check forms (Form 4473). They posted a notice on the website telling gun dealers to photocopy exisiting background check forms. Stock up fellas.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #9
floydpink
crazy diamond

Cohiba

Shoot Straight, my local range is using scrap paper to take the info and calling it in themselves.

They are warning to get your guns while you can, which might be a marketing ploy, but maybe not.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #10
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
Shoot Straight, my local range is using scrap paper to take the info and calling it in themselves.

They are warning to get your guns while you can, which might be a marketing ploy, but maybe not.
It is definitely not a marketing ploy.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:33 AM   #11
ChicagoWhiteSox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb3DSCyO3iE
Old 02-06-2009, 12:21 PM   #12
livwire68
Las Vegas Herf Crew

Trading: (7)
SLR
livwire68 is on a distinguished road

Not only does there seem to be a shortage of firearms & ammo here in Nevada, anyone selling them has jacked up the prices. I guess the gun shows here have been just crazy.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #13
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by livwire68 View Post
Not only does there seem to be a shortage of firearms & ammo here in Nevada, anyone selling them has jacked up the prices. I guess the gun shows here have been just crazy.
I tried to go to a gun show last month that I have been to many, many times before. The line was wrapped around the building. I went back home because with that many people, I knew the vendors would not work with you to get a deal and I heard many vendors jacked up the prices.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:10 PM   #14
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation

Gotta love how politicians are trying to get rid of the most booming industry in the entire US right now. Jobs IN the US. Parts MADE in the US. Products SOLD in the US.

Yes lets ruin this industry and criminalize some law abiding citizens while we're at it!

Thank you, thank you thank you, you ignorant ****head politicians.
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:41 PM   #15
joshpip
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (13)
Partagas
joshpip is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE3146 View Post
Gotta love how politicians are trying to get rid of the most booming industry in the entire US right now. Jobs IN the US. Parts MADE in the US. Products SOLD in the US.

Yes lets ruin this industry and criminalize some law abiding citizens while we're at it!

Thank you, thank you thank you, you ignorant ****head politicians.
What will the firearm lic. cost and how long will it take???? Any guesses...

Last edited by joshpip; 02-06-2009 at 02:48 PM.
joshpip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:19 PM   #16
BigAl_SC
The last mango in Paris

First Name: Alan
Trading: (7)
Trinidad
BigAl_SC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshpip View Post
What will the firearm lic. cost and how long will it take???? Any guesses...
Doesn't matter to me. I have both registered (bought from dealer) and guns bought from private sales. This law makes it illegal to purchase private. South Carolina will not comply. We haven't bought into the federal ID program even though they said our DL will not be accepted by homeland Security. Bill in state house to allow CWP's to enter almost anywhere, even schools. They seem to know that law abiding citizens are not the problem. Its the bad guys that don't care about the law anyway.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:44 PM   #17
floydpink
crazy diamond

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl_SC View Post
Doesn't matter to me. I have both registered (bought from dealer) and guns bought from private sales. This law makes it illegal to purchase private. South Carolina will not comply. We haven't bought into the federal ID program even though they said our DL will not be accepted by homeland Security. Bill in state house to allow CWP's to enter almost anywhere, even schools. They seem to know that law abiding citizens are not the problem. Its the bad guys that don't care about the law anyway.
truer words never spoken. Unfortunately it seems to be a Southern mentailty that feels that way