Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 07:07 PM   #181
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

First Name: Dave
Trading: (22)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
Old Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really nice
Default Re: Sometimes you call a spade a spade

Boy.....you really know how to kill a thread Martin!
Old 07-29-2009, 07:50 PM   #182
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigloo View Post
Icehog, restraint is what lands people in the comfy chair, let it out tough guy!
Gotta think of myself too, I almost had an anuerysm!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:32 PM   #183
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

First Name: Dave
Trading: (22)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
Old Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Gotta think of myself too, I almost had an anuerysm!
I hate when that happens me!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:39 PM   #184
St. Lou Stu
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tim
Trading: (21)
HdM
St. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
to quote Dan
"Mostly I've been having problems sending stuff out due to my own depression issues. I'm not saying it's a valid reason, just what my therapist and me have come to. These group buys along with the rest of the stuff in my life is causing me to sort of break down."
If the quote is true, it is sad to see how things played out.

This place is full of support.

Pretending to play golf since 1989
Old 07-29-2009, 09:31 PM   #185
Tenor CS
Feeling Better!

First Name: Christian
Trading: (2)
Cohiba
Tenor CS will become famous soon enoughTenor CS will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu View Post
This place is full of support.
Disclaimer: I have no dog in this fight, as someone else said. I did get some emails from Dan re: a trading email list that he was trying to set up, but I ignored them because I wasn't interested.

Re: the part that I quoted from St. Lou Stu:

I agree that this place is one of the most supportive places I've seen online. In fact, I was going to post something to the effect of "does anyone live near Dan that could stop by and check on him, maybe do him the favor of dropping stuff off at the post office?" (Assuming the DC numbers are legit and the stuff really is packed up and ready to go) That was when I was still in the "I want to give Dan the benefit of the doubt" mode and before I'd read too many bad stories about him.

I have had my own physical and pain-related issues for the last year or so, and at times the pain has been debilitating, to the point where I couldn't leave my bed, let alone the apartment. I had all these grand plans for the summer, as far as cleaning up the apartment and such ... what did I do? Not a damn thing. I mostly stayed in bed writhing in pain that has thankfully been alleviated by my latest surgery. So I definitely have sympathy for someone who's having a medical issue, even if it is mental rather than physical. (Not to discount the fact that depression does have physical effects)

Maybe he's a scammer, maybe he's just irresponsible, maybe he's a liar. Probably a little combination of all 3. I don't think any of us will ever know the 100% truth.

All I know is that I am grateful for the support, advice, and kindness that I have received from many members on here regarding my job loss and health issues. For more on that, see my "Update on Tenor CS's health" thread.

Good night, Cigar Asylum.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:59 PM   #186
Genetic Defect
difetosso

First Name: Perry
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation

I have a problem solver its name is ....
Old 07-30-2009, 12:58 AM   #187
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vito View Post
I have a problem solver its name is ....
It's like a deadly game of freeze-tag.....

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 07-30-2009, 03:41 AM   #188
dentonparrots

I've also not recieved stogies I''ve paid for from Dan that frankly I could have used to buy from elsewhere. I've had PM's from him saying "they are on their way" etc then others saying they're not which has been confusing and I've guessed that he was copy and pasting messages to multiple people as they all seemed kinda impersonal for him. I suppose if he'd said "Sorry, I can't get them to you at all and your money's gone too" I'd have at least known where I stood.

I've not really commented to others about this at all as I didn't want to come across as an arse but that said I didn't know others had been ripped off too, certainly not to the degree that some have.
In Dans defence I should say that whenever he's messaged me I've stressed to him that there was no hurry as I got the impression he was under the weather and having a tough time. I've done trades with Dan in the past and can honestly say I've always trusted him, and received what he said he would send, and I still hope he'll make good at some point in the future...whenever that may be.

Lots of folks have made fair comments regarding being ripped off and his lame excuses, and although it's easy for me to say "no hurries" to him I've only spent $60, not $600+ and if I had spent that much and not recieved what I'd paid for I would no doubt have got the police involved to some degree and certainly wouldn't have been as patient as what I have been.

One thing that did nark me was that I mentioned in chat about buying from a vendor on here (I won't name, what's the point!) and he slated the guy instantly saying about previous purchases that had gone bad, been delayed etc and even went as far as to send me links to threads slagging the vendor off...kinda seems like the pot calling the kettle black! As it happened I bought them from the same vendor anyway and was amazed at how fast they got here to the UK from the states.

I just get the gut feeling things have gotten on top of him and he's struggled to deal with things and not put his hands up to the problems as quickly as he could have done. I wish him well and a speedy recovery and if he can he should make good on the deals when he can regardless of being banned, even if it is just to make himself feel a bit better about the whole thing.

Can I ask if anyone has heard from him recently and has anyone who's been waiting for ages to get their cigars actually recived ANY yet?

I do feel for the guy if he's having issues as I considered him a friend, and still do..but again I'm not down $600+ so it's easier for me to say that.

Last edited by dentonparrots; 07-30-2009 at 03:50 AM.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:36 AM   #189
Genetic Defect
difetosso

First Name: Perry
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
It's like a deadly game of freeze-tag.....
Old 07-30-2009, 01:30 PM   #190
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Owned!!!

I like that "thumbs down" picture!!!

* Mods, If I'm out of order please remove my post!

Smoke what you like!!!
Old 07-30-2009, 02:58 PM   #191
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

I just heard from another inmate that Logan aka SixPackSunday stiffed a few guys on the board too
Old 07-30-2009, 03:12 PM   #192
Bruzee
Have My Own Room

First Name: D
Trading: (30)
Partagas
Bruzee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
I just heard from another inmate that Logan aka SixPackSunday stiffed a few guys on the board too
Where do these people come from, and why are they here?!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 07-30-2009, 03:29 PM   #193
Resipsa

Quote:
No offense, but if somebody has a problem with another member they should take it up with that member or the mods. I don't think throwing unsubstantiated rumors out there is the way the board wants to operate. I wouldn't like it I'd it were done to me and I was innocent and I'm sure you wouldn't either

Old 07-30-2009, 03:29 PM   #194
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation

What goes around, comes around. Karma can be a bad MF when its their turn in the barrel.

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
Old 07-30-2009, 03:31 PM   #195
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipsa View Post
No offense, but if somebody has a problem with another member they should take it up with that member or the mods. I don't think throwing unsubstantiated rumors out there is the way the board wants to operate. I wouldn't like it I'd it were done to me and I was innocent and I'm sure you wouldn't either
just check SPS's profile (trader feedback & visitor messages), like I did before I posted.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:33 PM   #196
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Quote:
just check SPS's profile (trader feedback & visitor messages), like I did before I posted.
Wow. And because it was already in public on the trader feedback you felt that you just had to drag it into here? This thread has a nasty gang mentality that isn't reflecting well on this board.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #197
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by markem View Post
Wow. And because it was already in public on the trader feedback you felt that you just had to drag it into here? This thread has a nasty gang mentality that isn't reflecting well on this board.

Maybe that mentality will help prevent this **** from happening again.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #198
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottw View Post
So will closing all trade / maw / pif threads and banning the use of the board for such purposes. I suppose you are in favor of that as well.

Lynch mobs seldom see themselves as unsavory while they are performing the lynching.

Last edited by markem; 07-30-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:48 PM   #199
rack04
Lebowski Urban Achiever

First Name: Justin
Trading: (20)
HUpmann
rack04 will become famous soon enoughrack04 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottw View Post
Gang mentality can also lead to more problems. A house fire comes to mind. This person prayed on the mentality of lending a helping hand. Very few followed up with the story and several people got taken.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:49 PM   #200
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by markem View Post
So will closing all trade / maw / pif threads and banning the use of the board for such purposes. I suppose you are in favor of that as well.

Lynch mobs seldom seem themselves as unsavory while they are performing the lynching.
Not at all, but if someone is taking people's money, that asshole should be exposed and not dealt with any longer. Perhaps people knowing that there will be penalties will persuade them to keep everything on the up and up. My comment was with respect to the label you gave "gang mentality". It's a shame that this even has to occur here but the fact is it is occurring and there is nothing wrong with the members here saying "hey, this is not permissible and there are penalties should you engage in such behaviors".
Closed Thread