Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Reviews

Old 05-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #1
Nick
Feeling at Home

First Name: That's confidential
Trading: (4)
Nick is on a distinguished road
Default MTS May: MacBaren mixture (scottish blend)

A mild and lightly aromatic Scottish Blend, manufactured from ready rubbed, matured Virginia tobaccos and golden brown Burley grades, Cavendish and loose, ripe Virginia. Mixture is one of the most popular pipe tobaccos in the world, and is the leading brand tax free. A position which Mixture has been able to maintain through decades.

Accidentally put this up in the BST so here it is in it's rightful place, sorry it's late.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:08 PM   #2
Nick
Feeling at Home

First Name: That's confidential
Trading: (4)
Nick is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MTS May: MacBaren mixture (scottish blend)

Unfortunately I have been quite inactive on the forums and in smoking. However I have been able to sneak in some smokes here and there. I have been and will continue to train as I am aspiring to join the coast guard after I graduate college in a few months. but that is neither here nor there.

this months review is on MacBaren Mixture also called scottish blend. This blend is primarily Virginia's with some burley and cavendish. It also has a bit of topping which I feel adds to the pleasure of the smoke. I usually stay away from aromatics or blends with a topping but once in awhile I stumble onto one which I quite like and this is definitely one of them. I really enjoy this blend as a desert smoke; it is sweet, smooth, and a pleasure to smoke. I find that it can nip a bit so I usually only smoke it when i have ample time and don't feel rushed. It is an exceptional change of pace from my traditional VaPers, english's, and balkans. It's worth a try and you may find you like it as well.

lets hear your thoughts on it!