Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 04-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #1001
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Finally have the Single Barrel Knob Creek locally. Picked up a bottle. 120 proof. Going to have to sit down while drinking that!!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:17 AM   #1002
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Nice, 120 proof is right up my alley I'm going to have to give that one a try.

Do let us know what you think though.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:39 PM   #1003
ODLS1
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
ODLS1 is on a distinguished road

Been real curious about the KC SB. A lot of bourbon snobs look down on Jim Beam products, (JB, KC, Basil, Bookers, etc). While regular JB sucks, I like KC. It has a different character that I like.

Peer pressured myself into buying another bottle, since it was Derby weekend (along with a few cigars ). Drinking it now, Elijah Craig 12yr. Been wanting it for awhile. Good stuff right out of the bottle, especially for the price, under $30 here. Tough to beat for the age and price, although Weller 12yr may have it beat.
ODLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:05 PM   #1004
gvarsity
still crazy

Trading: (15)
gvarsity will become famous soon enough

Picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare single barrel that was cask selected by the local retailer for a one off bottling. Bigger than the regularly Eagle Rare 10yr. Good like the regular Eagle Rare with a little more of everything.

See a number of people mention Bulleit bourbon. I have only tried it once or twice and it didn't stand out particularly but their Rye is outstanding. Delicious sipping rye.
gvarsity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #1005
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

First time I strolled in here. Like a nice bourbon from time to time. Usually run with KC SB as was anotated above. lol.

My most recent score required the purchase of a litre bottle fo malbu rum to bribe my gf's sister into picking up two bottles. Should have them in hand in two weeks when she comes out this way for a visit. Can't wait.

First Texas Bourbon.

kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:03 PM   #1006
tx_tuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydsid View Post
First time I strolled in here. Like a nice bourbon from time to time. Usually run with KC SB as was anotated above. lol.

My most recent score required the purchase of a litre bottle fo malbu rum to bribe my gf's sister into picking up two bottles. Should have them in hand in two weeks when she comes out this way for a visit. Can't wait.

First Texas Bourbon.

Be sure and let us know how that Garrison Brothers is. Hopefully in a few years it will be spread through out Texas and not just in the hill country.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:25 PM   #1007
kydsid
Ditat Deus

kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
Be sure and let us know how that Garrison Brothers is. Hopefully in a few years it will be spread through out Texas and not just in the hill country.
Well even though I live in Clear Lake the Heights Cigar Lounge is my new home away from home. The owners are cool about BYOB so maybe you can get a sip of it yourself some time.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:51 PM   #1008
tx_tuff

Quote:
Well even though I live in Clear Lake the Heights Cigar Lounge is my new home away from home. The owners are cool about BYOB so maybe you can get a sip of it yourself some time.
Yeah they have a very cool vibe there. You should set up a herf!
Old 05-09-2011, 12:59 PM   #1009
kydsid
Ditat Deus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
Yeah they have a very cool vibe there. You should set up a herf!
Thurs 19th at 4:30 till 8pm at the latest, closing time. Just didn't advertise it here as I got zero interest last time. I won't have the Garrison by then though.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:12 PM   #1010
tx_tuff

Quote:
Thurs 19th at 4:30 till 8pm at the latest, closing time. Just didn't advertise it here as I got zero interest last time. I won't have the Garrison by then though.
Mon thru Friday is a no go for me. Next time you are going to be there on a Saturday and I have no kids I will be there. Just shot me a PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:20 PM   #1011
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Alright I finally picked up a bottle of Old Weller Antique 107. Not bad, pretty hot.....but not bad.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:16 AM   #1012
76GTFan
Full Blown Section 8

Trading: (9)
RA
76GTFan is on a distinguished road

Probably been asked before, but can anyone get there hands on some other Buffalo Trace Blends? Only have BT and the White Dog Mash in GA. GA just seems to be out of the loop in the distribution.
76GTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:44 PM   #1013
LockOut
Burn Baby Burn

First Name: Tom
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
LockOut will become famous soon enough

the "new" Knobb sinlge barrel i really good. Got a really nice caramel/citrus too it with a long lasting after taste. Not the burn I expected at 120 either. Picked up a bottle of Bassel Haydens to try recently. will get back to you on that one.
IAFF Local #4907
LockOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:59 PM   #1014
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76GTFan View Post
Probably been asked before, but can anyone get there hands on some other Buffalo Trace Blends? Only have BT and the White Dog Mash in GA. GA just seems to be out of the loop in the distribution.
Eagle Rare 10yr is here as well as some of the Antique Collection. Matt_N-GA and I found some Sazerac, Weller and Stagg. You need to check Greens in downtown, Tower or Total Wine. They seem to be the only ones in the distribution chain.
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:04 AM   #1015
Montano
Bourbon IS a food group

First Name: Nick
Trading: (33)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
Montano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOut View Post
the "new" Knobb sinlge barrel i really good. Got a really nice caramel/citrus too it with a long lasting after taste. Not the burn I expected at 120 either. Picked up a bottle of Bassel Haydens to try recently. will get back to you on that one.
I didn't think Basil Hayden was worth the price. Lots of better bourbons out there.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:03 PM   #1016
76GTFan
Full Blown Section 8

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montano View Post
I didn't think Basil Hayden was worth the price. Lots of better bourbons out there.
Just doesn't have that good edge like some bourbons. Very smooth though.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:04 PM   #1017
76GTFan
Full Blown Section 8

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsmith4 View Post
Eagle Rare 10yr is here as well as some of the Antique Collection. Matt_N-GA and I found some Sazerac, Weller and Stagg. You need to check Greens in downtown, Tower or Total Wine. They seem to be the only ones in the distribution chain.
Yeah I have seen the ER and the Weller. I have even seen the Eagle Rare 17yr. I didn't think that was BT. I would love to get my hands on their single batch sampler.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:14 PM   #1018
ODLS1
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
ODLS1 is on a distinguished road

Picked up Very Old Barton 100 proof 6 year. SOLID for $12. Now my go to budget bourbon. I'd say it's up there with some twice its price or more. Not amazing, but a solid bourbon. Nice flavor, finishes a little bland though, which makes you want to drink more to get the flavor back, hah.
ODLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:24 PM   #1019
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montano View Post
Agreed, it was worth trying but that's about it.

What BT bourbons are you specifically looking for?
Old 06-01-2011, 10:32 PM   #1020
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76GTFan View Post
Yeah I have seen the ER and the Weller. I have even seen the Eagle Rare 17yr. I didn't think that was BT. I would love to get my hands on their single batch sampler.
The Eagle Rare 17 was the one I was most interested in and couldn't find it. Two years ago I ran into the experimental stuff in SC but this year I called a bunch of stores and no one had received any. You may want to stay on top of Greens and TW in Greenville, not a bad day trip from your neck of the woods.
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote