Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 11-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #281
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Walking Dead Season 3

I think this episode was a bit slow because they were setting up for the mid-season climax.

The one good thing about the 8-10 week break is that instead of getting 16 shows and then waiting 36 weeks for the next season, we only have to wait 26 weeks for the next season to start. Ok, small consolation, but I am trying to look for a silver lining.

Next week should be epic.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:26 PM   #282
Robulous78

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I think this episode was a bit slow because they were setting up for the mid-season climax.

The one good thing about the 8-10 week break is that instead of getting 16 shows and then waiting 36 weeks for the next season, we only have to wait 26 weeks for the next season to start. Ok, small consolation, but I am trying to look for a silver lining.

Next week should be epic.
Agreed...
Old 11-26-2012, 05:08 AM   #283
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Andrea has a nice ass

This episode sure was boring. Glenn is a bad ass though...
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:15 AM   #284
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed...kind of a slow episode. Hoping it is a huge set-up for the mid season finale next week. Glenn is a bad ass for sure. Can't wait to see the Governor and Merle get what's coming to them.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:17 AM   #285
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

I was really hoping for Darryl to shoot all the "guards" with his crossbow and them to walk right in. Although I'm confused why they would try to sneak in through the front door. Not the brightest idea.

I'm ready to kill the governor. But what will happen to the town if they do kill him? Does everyone revolt or do they accept Rick as the new leader?

When the governor had Maggie take off her top I was really hoping Glenn was going to come busting through the door and killing him. Maggie needed to understand that they are both going to get killed so giving up the information was dumb.

Human vs. Human battle royale next week!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:44 AM   #286
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Andrea has a nice ass

This episode sure was boring. Glenn is a bad ass though...
Indeed. I saw her in a 10 year old movie and she hasn't aged at all!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:34 AM   #287
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
I'm ready to kill the governor. But what will happen to the town if they do kill him? Does everyone revolt or do they accept Rick as the new leader?

I can't see the writers spending all of this time developing his character as such a slime-ball to simply have him killed off at the mid-season finale. I think they will more than likely draw out this attack for the 2nd half of the season.
Having said that, I think that this town is so wrapped up in the safety that the Governor has set up, that there is no way they embrace Rick. They walk around comfortably, without concern of attack from walkers, that any threat to that comfort would be met with anger.

I do hope you're right, and that the settle some things next week, but when have the writers done that for us????
Old 11-26-2012, 07:54 AM   #288
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Glenn has really shown his loyalty to the group and last night he went up a little higher in my book of fav characters.

In a sick twisted kind of way I was really rooting for the gov to rape Maggie, I was kinda let down that he didn't just because it seemed he chickened out to me.....I know it's wrong to think that way, but I was expecting more out of him and it was basically just an empty threat.

I kinda felt bad for Michonne when Rick and them locked her up, and Rick grabbing her wound and making her sit down, I understand why he did it, but still.

Anyone watch Talking Dead afterwards? Next weeks preview they showed WOW!
Old 11-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #289
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:

When the governor had Maggie take off her top I was really hoping Glenn was going to come busting through the door and killing him.
When the governor had Maggie take off her top I was really hoping for a full frontal shot of those babies.

Must be the difference between youth and age, Son.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #290
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

I have a couple potential deal-breakers for me. I can suspend disbelief with the best of them, but...this first one isn't too bad: The Governor must either be stupid, or a coward. I can't believe he is a coward because he walked up in the middle of armed US military and blasted one of them point blank. So he's stupid. He is the leader of all these people yet he took Merle's word that the prison could not be cleared? No way I can believe that he could be such a capable leader and just dismiss the chance to plunder the supplies by taking on dead people instead of live ones.

And second, this one is hard for me to look past. Ricks group took riot gear to clear the prison, but they went off to battle with armed humans wearing only the clothes on their backs. I cannot accept that.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #291
N2 GOLD
MIND OVER MATTER...

First Name: RICO
Trading: (1)
SCdlH
N2 GOLD will become famous soon enoughN2 GOLD will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robulous78 View Post
Zombies and Christmas would be a perfect pairing... IMHO... LoL
Rob, you say that because your are 51% Zombie already... LOL J/K

Quote:
When do you think we will find out what the deal is with the Wall-O-Bodyparts the Gov was staring at while having a cocktail? When will we find out about his Zomb-daughter? and when will Andrea find out she is a hoe-bag?
I would say maybe in the 2nd or 3rd week after the break.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #292
big pete
Going to the darkside....

Trading: (20)
PL
big pete will become famous soon enoughbig pete will become famous soon enough

Quote:
When the governor had Maggie take off her top I was really hoping for a full frontal shot of those babies.

We can only wish. That's the only reason why I wish this was show on HBO (True Blood )
big pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #293
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
I have a couple potential deal-breakers for me. I can suspend disbelief with the best of them, but...this first one isn't too bad: The Governor must either be stupid, or a coward. I can't believe he is a coward because he walked up in the middle of armed US military and blasted one of them point blank. So he's stupid. He is the leader of all these people yet he took Merle's word that the prison could not be cleared? No way I can believe that he could be such a capable leader and just dismiss the chance to plunder the supplies by taking on dead people instead of live ones.

And second, this one is hard for me to look past. Ricks group took riot gear to clear the prison, but they went off to battle with armed humans wearing only the clothes on their backs. I cannot accept that.
Those, and the fact that there are dead people walking around eating people.

Mindless entertainment, and that's good enough for me.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #294
Sumatra Samurai
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (0)
Sumatra Samurai is on a distinguished road

I don't think there has been a single bad episode this season! I always thought this show was for LOST fans but now it's becoming more clear than ever, it's now becoming good on a psychological level and so much more than just a zombie show, love it!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:10 PM   #295
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumatra Samurai View Post
I don't think there has been a single bad episode this season! I always thought this show was for LOST fans but now it's becoming more clear than ever, it's now becoming good on a psychological level and so much more than just a zombie show, love it!
A slower paced episode but I really enjoyed it. Characters that had their own bubble are interacting - Merle & Glenn, Michonne & Rick etc.

And they had a clip of some AR fire in the sneak peak! Sh*ts gettin' real
Old 11-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #296
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Pops! You are so right. I was angry with what was going on then I realized what we could have saw!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:14 AM   #297
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Quote:
Zombies and Christmas would be a perfect pairing... IMHO... LoL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M9Xg4yhMQc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejkfb...eature=related

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1330216/

Quote:
I was really hoping for Darryl to shoot all the "guards" with his crossbow and them to walk right in. Although I'm confused why they would try to sneak in through the front door. Not the brightest idea.

When the governor had Maggie take off her top I was really hoping Glenn was going to come busting through the door and killing him. Maggie needed to understand that they are both going to get killed so giving up the information was dumb.

The Gov. won't die next episode, or the one after it. They'll keep things running for a bit. The attack will punch a hole in the cities defenses and probably expose the city to a walker attack. But ultimately the attack will be repulsed, probably someone will get captured or glen/maggie won't be rescued, something like that, so the interaction will continue. There are no real prominent characters in Woodbury other than Merle and The Gov., so if both of them die, the town storyline essentially dies as well, nothing left to see, move along...

Maggie not being raped was in keeping with the Gov.'s character. Vicious, but calculating and charming. He's not a base animal that would just rape someone for the fun of it, but he would not hesitate to do it to get what he wanted. It was clear to him that Maggie would do anything for Glen, but she would sacrifice her own body to keep her secret, so it made logical sense for him to abandon the rape play and just put the two of them in a room together.

At some point between now and the end of Season 3, Woodbury will be destroyed. It has to be. We can't see Rick's group "settling down" and enjoying themselves now, can we? that would be the end of the show! Although I do wonder how the hell they're going to raise that baby on their own. There simply isn't enough formula left in a 200m radius to sustain a baby for a year, someone needs to find a wetnurse. So far the baby has been downplayed, but at some point the issue will be raised.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #298
Infecting Via PM

First Name: Brendon
Trading: (35)
RA
363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
Although I do wonder how the hell they're going to raise that baby on their own. There simply isn't enough formula left in a 200m radius to sustain a baby for a year, someone needs to find a wetnurse. So far the baby has been downplayed, but at some point the issue will be raised.
Did anyone notice in the preview for next weeks episode Carl saying "leave her" maybe referring to the baby?
Old 11-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #299
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by 363 View Post
Did anyone notice in the preview for next weeks episode Carl saying "leave her" maybe referring to the baby?
THat was my first thought when I saw that clip as well. Guess we will see Tuesday.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:08 AM   #300
Infecting Via PM

First Name: Brendon
Trading: (35)
RA
363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
THat was my first thought when I saw that clip as well. Guess we will see Tuesday.