Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 05-28-2010, 12:17 PM   #861
TheTraveler
giggity giggitty

First Name: Jonathan
Trading: (12)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
TheTraveler has a spectacular aura aboutTheTraveler has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Red's Fans Check in

I'm going to the game on Saturday!!! Reds vs Astros.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:28 PM   #862
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTraveler View Post

I'm going to the game on Saturday!!! Reds vs Astros.

It's the Asstros; they better win.

Hope they get this win for you while you're there.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:56 PM   #863
TheTraveler
giggity giggitty

TheTraveler has a spectacular aura aboutTheTraveler has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
It's the Asstros; they better win.

Hope they get this win for you while you're there.
Yep, I'll be rooting for the home team for sure.

Anyone here ever been to GAB? What should I avoid and what should I make sure to see? How's the food?
Old 05-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #864
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Yep, I'll be rooting for the home team for sure.

Anyone here ever been to GAB? What should I avoid and what should I make sure to see? How's the food?
I would try to park in the lot next to US Bank arena, quick walk and a lot faster to get out of after the game. If you park downtown on the otherside of the highway expect a long walk to the car and a long wait in the garages. The food is average at best. Get something with 'Cincinnati' flavor, like Skyline Chili or a Queen City bratwurst. Everything else is pretty much standard ballpark fare. If you have the time, take a looksie through the Reds HOF Museum. Also try to go in through thr front of the park behind homeplate to take a look at the statues in the concourse.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:20 PM   #865
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
I would try to park in the lot next to US Bank arena, quick walk and a lot faster to get out of after the game. If you park downtown on the otherside of the highway expect a long walk to the car and a long wait in the garages. The food is average at best. Get something with 'Cincinnati' flavor, like Skyline Chili or a Queen City bratwurst. Everything else is pretty much standard ballpark fare. If you have the time, take a looksie through the Reds HOF Museum. Also try to go in through thr front of the park behind homeplate to take a look at the statues in the concourse.
I couldn't agree with Adam more.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:23 PM   #866
TheTraveler
giggity giggitty

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
I couldn't agree with Adam more.
Thanks guys. I found an online map of parking garages so I'll try to find that one. And I'll be showing up a couple of hours early to check out batting practice so I'll definitely check out the statues at that entrance.

As for food I'll be bringing in snacks and drinks but buying a dog or a brat - so the brats are pretty good, eh?

I'm looking forward to this. The Reds are hot, the Astros always need a beat down and the weather tomorrow should be beautiful. Gonna be a good day for baseball.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #867
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
..The Reds are hot, the Astros always need a beat down and the weather tomorrow should be beautiful. ...
We sure are putting a hurtin' on them tonight

EDIT: Reds Win! Reds Win!

Last edited by elderboy02; 05-28-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:47 AM   #868
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Nice win yesterday by the Redlegs. Time to put some distance between them and St. Louis while the Reds are playing crappy teams and the Cardinals are out west playing some tough competiton. Maybe Harang can get off his little schnide with a nice win over a bad Astros team
Old 05-29-2010, 09:35 PM   #869
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Jonathan got to see a butt kicking tonight!
Old 05-29-2010, 09:44 PM   #870
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Old 05-29-2010, 09:44 PM   #871
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

The Reds are playing very well against the really bad teams in the division, I hope they transfer it to the next few series.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:23 PM   #872
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

One game lead after playing the two worst teams in the division and 2 of the bottom 4 in the league. I hope they can carry the momentum into a much tougher opponent this next few days against the Cardinals and Washington. It is nice to have the benefit of the second worst division in baseball helping them out.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:59 AM   #873
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Insert quote here.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:00 AM   #874
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

You can't win them all
Old 06-01-2010, 07:41 AM   #875
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
You can't win them all
Or maybe just playing decent teams is a little tougher than the Astros and Pirates.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:44 AM   #876
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Or maybe just playing decent teams is a little tougher than the Astros and Pirates.
You must have forgot that we won the last series with the Cards
Old 06-01-2010, 07:47 AM   #877
TheTraveler
giggity giggitty

Quote:
No kidding, that was a blowout!

Still, it was fun to go to a MLB game. My first trip to GABP was enjoyable. That's a really nice ballpark they've got up there. It looks huge and tall at first glance but then when I took it all in, the size of the field, the size of the fans on the other side, got it all in perspective, it just looked _right_. The food was good too; gotta love a ballpark hot dog.

Only sour note of the night; a 30-something-perpetual-frat-boy-type sat down in front of us talking non-stop to someone he knew who was sitting in our section, standing, sitting, standing, calling for a beer, talking on the phone, yap-yap-yapping away, but he left after an inning thankfully. I guess he needed to grace another section with his presence or something.

The game was fun to watch and we had really nice seats. I didn't miss a single play on the field except when I got up for another hot dog. I can't say the Astros put on a good performance but that's ok, I was rooting for the Reds anyway.

Getting out of town was not as bad as I thought it would be. I parked less than a 10 minute walk from the ballpark which made getting out of there a breeze. Traffic looked pretty messy but moved a lot smoother than expected. From the moment I shut the car door I was back at the hotel in Florence, KY in less than 40 minutes.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:49 AM   #878
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

I am glad you had a great time!

Did you try chili?
Old 06-01-2010, 08:30 AM   #879
TheTraveler
giggity giggitty

No, I missed out on the chili unfortunately. I meant to try it out, too, but I forgot in the heat of battle.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #880
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Glad you enjoyed your trip. I've yet to make it up to GABP. I will have to go one day soon.

Insert quote here.