Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-07-2008, 01:44 PM   #1
Mystophales
Heavy Metal Jesus

Trading: (0)
Bolivar
Mystophales is on a distinguished road
Default Work, work, work

If anyone has wondered why I haven't been very active here well the reason is simply massive OT. I have started a stretch of 84 hour weeks (12 hour days 7 days a week) from 3 weeks ago until Dec. 24.

yyyaaaaayyyyyyyy

Well not so much fun but hey my next cigar order is gonna be sick!!! Not Addiction type sick but pretty damn big for me...

So what is the longest stretch you have put in and how was your mood by about week 5...
Mystophales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
AriesOpusX
Goodfella

Trading: (0)
AriesOpusX is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Work, work, work

I've done the 12-14 hour days for 7 days but that only lasted 2 weeks and I lost my mind. I have to agree though the money from all that O.T. helped fill the humi up pretty nice. Usually I do a steady 60-65 hours every week thats just enough for me.
AriesOpusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:36 PM   #3
Linus

I'm so glad I'm no long an admin. As an instructor, we usually get Mondays "off" (prep day or travel day). Now I do get long stretches where I'm on the road and often forget which city I'm in. Thankfully, haven't had that in a while. Longest stretch was 6 days on the road. :P
Old 11-07-2008, 02:52 PM   #4
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

When I was an operating systems developer for Sperry Univac in the early 1980 (writing in assembly - go Telcon!) the company instituted mandatory 10 hour days. That pissed people off enough that we decide to only work 10 hour days. I was working probably 70 hours a week at the time and dropped to the required 50 (8am to 6pm M-F and managers did a head count at that time).

We didn't get overtime. When I went to work for Boeing in 1984, I was surprised to find that they had to pay overtime due to the federal rules for military contractors.