Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about
Default Avery Brewing Co's Demons of Ale series

About a year ago at a herf with the local crew, somebody brought a case of Avery Brewing Co's Mephistopheles' Stout over, and good times were had. It absolutely blew my mind that such a high ABV beer could be so smooth. Anyway, I learned that it was part of a three beer set called the Demons of Ale. I started the hunt for the other two, Samael's Oak-Aged Ale and The Beast Grand Cru Ale. I finally found them a couple weeks back and decided to do a review series with them. You can read them here:

Avery Brewing Co's Demons of Ale part 1 - Samael's Oak Aged Ale

Avery Brewing Co's Demons of Ale part 2 - The Beast Grand Cru Ale

Avery Brewing Co's Demons of Ale part 3 - Mephistopheles' Stout

If you don't want to read through all three reviews, to summarize: the first two I enjoyed, but they were quite sweet. The oak aging of Samael's helped cut it a little, but The Beast was very sweet. I'd classify them as sipping beers for sure. The Mephistopheles is my favorite out of the bunch. Lucky for you all, they just recently released the 2011 batch. Find it while you can! It's a limited production each year.

So have any of you tried any of these yet? I'd really like to get my hands on a few of each to cellar them for a little while, but at $8.99 for a 12oz bottle they're pretty pricey!
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote