Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 02-12-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
TheFool

Default Tips on fixing up a lighter?

Hello everyone, after seeing Nathan King's post about fixing up his lighter I got motivated to fix up this nice lighter that my grandpa sent me. I've had really bad luck with lighters and torches everything I touch either doesn't work or is a little too intense, anyways this one seems like it would be perfect if only it didn't leak out the back. Anyways, if anyone could point me in the right direction towards getting this fixed that would be great.

Here's where I think the leak is:

and here's a gallery of images (in case they are any help): http://imgur.com/a/Lsaq7

thanks in advance for any help.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
Nathan King

Default Re: Tips on fixing up a lighter?

That's a nice Cigar Aficionado lighter. I took a look at your image gallery, but the source of the leak is still a little unclear. Is the leak from the side of the filling valve, the ring around the valve that unscrews, or from a crack in the case? It looks like the spot in the picture is just a chip in the side of the case that holds the bottom insert. You can put a drop of water on the spot to see exactly where it bubbles from.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #3
TheFool

Default Re: Tips on fixing up a lighter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan King View Post
That's a nice Cigar Aficionado lighter. I took a look at your image gallery, but the source of the leak is still a little unclear. Is the leak from the side of the filling valve, the ring around the valve that unscrews, or from a crack in the case? It looks like the spot in the picture is just a chip in the side of the case that holds the bottom insert. You can put a drop of water on the spot to see exactly where it bubbles from.
Sorry I took so long to reply. I've been out of town and away from the Internet. It's a big leak if I take the bottom panel off I can see I giant stream of fuel spewing out, and it looks like it comes from the spot where the circle around the valve meets the base?