Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 11-27-2012, 07:46 AM   #1
dijit
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mike
Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice
Default Alec Bradley Black Market Preferido

Alec Bradley Black Market Preferido, this cigar actually concerned me in the beginning since there was a slight pepper taste to it before I set flame to it. I soon determined that was for naught being an old school Red Man fan it actually was not unpleasant turning sweet and leathery very early in the first third of the smoke.
The main body of the cigar really started to develop the flavors leaning more towards the sweet and nutty flavors. This started with the leather flavor still present and just slightly stronger than the other flavors. This I believe will balance out with a little more age. There were hints of vanilla and another spice I couldn’t quite place.
The finish was long and left only a mild aftertaste of ??? not bitter or sweet but lingered on the palate for quite a while. This was not a bad thing just something that was there. All things considered and being the AB fan that I am, this was a pretty good smoke. I would call it very full bodied and would recommend to those not accustomed to strong cigars let it age a little bit in the Humi to give the flavors a chance to blend.
Question is now would I smoke another? Absolutely! Would I buy a box? Yes especially if I find them on sale!!