Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-30-2008, 06:02 PM   #21
Rockestone
Anythings Possible

First Name: Greg
Trading: (5)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Rockestone will become famous soon enoughRockestone will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Victory Smoke.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
Took my 14 year old son to Phillies game last nite....Watching that final out take place....and realizing that the Phightin' Phils were CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD....A great moment we shared that will never be forgotten....

Now what to smoke at the Victory Parade tommorrow?....Need a "shorty" with a big flavor punch....any suggestion?

Man, what a great memory you two will cherish....as for the stogie, you might want to try the "Nub".

Congratulations from a Braves fan.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:29 PM   #22
Ragin Cajun
Staff Sergeant of Marines

First Name: Nick
Trading: (3)
Montecristo MarineCorps (Active)
Ragin Cajun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
yes so? That name is crap because it's a US competiton, not a world competition.
Toronto Blue Jays, their from Canada, not to mention all of the ball players from Cuba, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, and Japan; players from all over the WORLD. To me thats a World Series!

Semper Fi
Ragin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:37 PM   #23
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidsquirrel View Post
Wow, someone who's literally 15 minutes from me.

I'm glad the city didn't implode, aren't you?
Yea. It wasn't too bad around my neighborhood. I think overall everything was pretty good considering the amount of people. There were certainly a handful of assholes out there causing trouble but the media blows the things that do happen out of proportion and makes it seem like more bad things happened.
AD720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:52 PM   #24
feznuk
Fish On!

First Name: Fred
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
feznuk is on a distinguished road

Throwing in my as a fellow Philly BOTL. My neighborhood went freaken nuts right after the final pitch. People were running in the streets, banging pots and pans, lighting off fireworks. It’s a good feeling. Enjoy yourself tomorrow.
feznuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:24 AM   #25
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockestone View Post
Man, what a great memory you two will cherish....as for the stogie, you might want to try the "Nub".

Congratulations from a Braves fan.
Hey, thanks....that was really the best part of the game, watching my son soak it all in.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by acruce View Post
I was wondering about the game. Did you have tickets to the original game? Did you have to buy a ticket to watch the last 3 innings? I was wondering how that was handled.
Yea, as stated above, our tix were honored....there were alot of tix on sale on Stub Hub as people were selling their stubs from Mon nite to get in on Wed nite....took subway back to my car parked in CC Philly...it was CRAZY, so many people in the streets but for the most part "under control"....Came into town to work about 8:00 a.m. this morning and already a huge crowd lining the streets for the parade....gonna be a beautiful day!
Old 10-31-2008, 09:14 AM   #26
Rabidsquirrel
Moderately Confused

Trading: (5)
Rabidsquirrel is on a distinguished road

Good luck to all those getting to the parade today. As of 10:30, Southbound 95 (into the city) was backed up 15 miles.
Rabidsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:38 AM   #27
rsamos

I'm guessing you and your son had a great time.

Maybe a PAM Principe for the parade?
Old 10-31-2008, 12:45 PM   #28
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Parade was INSANE!!!....Passed by my office in Center City about 2 hours ago and its now 2:40 and there are still thousands on the street celebrating!!. Went to Holts this morning and they had a special on Casa Magna, a relatively new stick from Fonesca...So the VICTORY smoke was a Casa Magna Torito, 4.75 x 60...Great smoke, highly recommended if you never tried....Full body, starts a little sweet but finishes with some spice...Too crowded to really see how the ash held up (bumped alot).....

Old 10-31-2008, 02:13 PM   #29
acarr
Have My Own Room

Trading: (34)
acarr will become famous soon enough

To really celebrate you will need to light up a Phillies Blunt!
acarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:57 PM   #30
Parrotheadduff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD720 View Post
Yea. It wasn't too bad around my neighborhood. I think overall everything was pretty good considering the amount of people. There were certainly a handful of assholes out there causing trouble but the media blows the things that do happen out of proportion and makes it seem like more bad things happened.
The knuckle dragging neanderthalls always make good news fodder.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:13 PM   #31
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough

I caught the parade start right at the southwest corner of 20th and Market. I really don't have words to describe the feeling.

Finally.
AD720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:28 PM   #32
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD720 View Post
I caught the parade start right at the southwest corner of 20th and Market. I really don't have words to describe the feeling.

Finally.
That must have been awesome, your lucky you got to witness one. I tried to make it to the Red Sox rally in 07 but I had a test the next day and wouldnt make it back to NY in time.