Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-09-2014, 10:37 AM   #1
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold
Angry innoApp on my laptop... Can't Delete It

This outrageous and vile app got its claws into my laptop yesterday, and I cannot eradicate it from my system.

It populates my GoogleChrome with ads, Cigar Asylum scrn with ads, throws video ads in the lower right hand corner of my scrn, places numerous advertising tabs on the browser, its simply an advertising virus as far as I'm concerned. Can't imagine this type of web application/program even being allowed to exist. Nonetheless...

I thought I'd deleted it using the "add/remove" program through the control panel, but nnnooooooooo.

I went into Windows through Programs and found the "innoApp" file and tried to delete it, but a windows box appeared stating "access denied." Even my virus protection program "Avast" cannot remove it.

So, if anyone of you with IT experience and experience with removing this effing piece of *hit program known as "innoApp", would you please give me some help? It would greatly be appreciated Even PM me your Phone# if you think you need to walk me through it...

Btw, I know if I really get riled-up, that a laptop can make a good "frisbee"
Old 12-09-2014, 10:49 AM   #2
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: innoApp on my laptop... Can't Delete It

innoapp doesn't ring a bell per-se, but a standard procedure to follow that works for many things is to try downloading and running rkill.exe from bleepingcomputer.com and then after it finishes running, update and run mbam (malwarebytes). If you restart the computer, make sure you run rkill before running mbam.

After that is all done, you can download ccleaner from priform and run a registry scan (run it twice actually. a few more will pop up the second time).

You can also follow rkill with spybot S&D, but be aware that it has the ability to do damage to your os if you get carried away.

If that doesn't work, get an iBrick and smash the computer into little pieces.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #3
markem
Bunion

Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

I had a supposedly highly rated application for teaching do this to me recently. I had to reset to a system restore point twice to get it clean. Then I had to clean the registry, but fortunately, CCleaner has this tool built in.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
If that doesn't work, get an iBrick and smash the computer into little pieces...
... Naaaaaaaa! I'm still holding out for frisbie potential

Thanks for the above information Adam. It worked. Btw, that's an excellent web page you directed me to.

The rkill.exe didn't locate anything, but mbam did. In fact, I ran mbam twice as it was telling me via the little alert boxes that appear in the lower right hand corner of the scrn, that it had located a couple more issues that found its way back in, or maybe they were too stubborn to leave during mbam' first sweep of the hard drive.

Nonetheless, I remove GoogleChrome from my system thereafter, and reinstalled FireFox once again, and everything is running smoothly once again.

Thanks again my friend
Old 12-10-2014, 02:26 PM   #5
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

+1 for the humans
Old 12-11-2014, 11:28 AM   #6
tsolomon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tom
Trading: (31)
VR
tsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura about

Didn't know about rkill.exe and I'm an IT guy, but I'm always happy to add another tool to the toolbox. Ran everything in the order you suggested and things are working much faster.
tsolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:21 PM   #7
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

If you guys would stop watching all that p-o-r-n on your computers then you would not have these problems!

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote